Has anyone installed these performance chips if so results.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Thanks, I did read that thread. I am debating it. I will probably leave it alone for a while since I only have a few hundred miles on it.
Take the time to practice locking out gears in drive and up shifting when needed or just go sport mode all the way and shift every gear. In a matter of weeks doing this you will find a new appreciation for the truck and much better mileage!

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
I like that is says For "1996-2021 Rangers" Might as well say "for 1903 to 2029 ford cars" Ha Ha!! (I know they start in 96 cause that's when OBDII began).

Leftcoast

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Crewcab
The only complaint I have about drivability is engine lugging because the trans goes to too high of gear. Plus like a lot of people on here stated sport mode is overkill for normal driving. I find myself using the manual + - buttons.
Why do you consider it a problem if Ford determines it's OK?

OP
OP
Ranger2021

Ranger2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Tremor.
Why do you consider it a problem if Ford determines it's OK?
Evidently Ford does not think it is a problem since people on here have been complaining about it and getting tunes to resolve it since the 19 model. It just bothers me just like auto stop. That is a joke.

Leftcoast

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Crewcab
Evidently Ford does not think it is a problem since people on here have been complaining about it and getting tunes to resolve it since the 19 model. It just bothers me just like auto stop. That is a joke.
Don't get me started on tunes. You might as well dig a hole in your backyard and throw money it.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
The only complaint I have about drivability is engine lugging because the trans goes to too high of gear. Plus like a lot of people on here stated sport mode is overkill for normal driving. I find myself using the manual + - buttons.
I agree with you there. Now I try to anticipate that situation, and put it in sport mode also.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
My guess is that is a crude petal performance chip. So in essence it takes your electronic gas peddle and takes the lag out
Sponsored