Gun Related Pictures and Chat

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
I used to drive the trails in Talladega - absolutely beautiful. But, if there was ever an argument about carrying a gun when camping, this is it!
https://www.wvtm13.com/article/cheaha-state-park-murder-alabama-talladega/46291439

The sad story then grows even more concerning with this development.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-robbery-fatal-shooting-child-gun/7846391001/
agree , although those incidents are extremely rare I'll borrow an oft used statement on here usually stated for maintenace discussions, " it's cheap insurance" , seems spending ~ $500 to have a pistol is worth it. Most of my buds for backcountry activities and certainly those who were in my hunting club have long possessed pistols, some have quite the collection of firearms including one guy who had a tricked out AR15 that I think he had $20k in, had a huge optical scope on it and he would boast having huge amounts of ammo, maybe 20k rounds IIRC, always made for interesting discussions in the blind while waiting for birds to show regards the need for having such an arsenal.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
agree , although those incidents are extremely rare I'll borrow an oft used statement on here usually stated for maintenace discussions, " it's cheap insurance" , seems spending ~ $500 to have a pistol is worth it. Most of my buds for backcountry activities and certainly those who were in my hunting club have long possessed pistols, some have quite the collection of firearms including one guy who had a tricked out AR15 that I think he had $20k in, had a huge optical scope on it and he would boast having huge amounts of ammo, maybe 20k rounds IIRC, always made for interesting discussions in the blind while waiting for birds to show regards the need for having such an arsenal.
"...better to have it and not really need it than really need it and not have it..."

To borrow another oft-used expression.

Now, if only I could AFFORD to have it!

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
"...better to have it and not really need it than really need it and not have it..."

To borrow another oft-used expression.

Now, if only I could AFFORD to have it!
You list your occupation as a security supervisor , so just buy one and charge it to the firm, just think how more effective Paul Blart could have been if had a .50 mounted on his segway

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
You list your occupation as a security supervisor , so just buy one and charge it to the firm, just think how more effective Paul Blart could have been if had a .50 mounted on his segway
I reckon I need to address that occupation thing, huh?
I am now a driver for a company that takes special needs children to and from school.
I'm not allowed to have guns on school property.
Sigh.....

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I like to check the used section when I go to a gun store. You can save a few bucks an since semi auto's need a few hundred rounds through them to break them in it helps reduce the time an cost of break in. Last time I went they had a Glock 43 and a Springfield XD9. Both looked to be about $75 to a hundred bucks or so less than a new one. A Kimber looked to be about $200+ cheaper than new.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Damn! Time flies!
On Monday morning, I leave South Florida for Vegas, and by late Monday afternoon, I will be on the floor of the SHOT Show. I'm covering SHOT on social media for my company, and I was wondering if it would be okay to share the links with you guys here, or would that be as if I was advertising for my company?

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
im not anti round chambered.
Damn! Time flies!
On Monday morning, I leave South Florida for Vegas, and by late Monday afternoon, I will be on the floor of the SHOT Show. I'm covering SHOT on social media for my company, and I was wondering if it would be okay to share the links with you guys here, or would that be as if I was advertising for my company?
im not sure but personally i dont see it as adverts, just sharing info on a topic the group has in common.

DocE3Gun

First Name
Dillen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Fx4
Occupation
self employed
Damn! Time flies!
I don't envy you having to go to Shot Show after doing it in the past. Get some good walking shoes, take breaks, watch out for the obese neckbeards pulling carts behind them (they have some rank body odor too), and if you can find a Shot Show bingo card it helps to pass time.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I don't envy you having to go to Shot Show after doing it in the past. Get some good walking shoes, take breaks, watch out for the obese neckbeards pulling carts behind them (they have some rank body odor too), and if you can find a Shot Show bingo card it helps to pass time.
Yeah - last year was amazing for me as a SHOT virgin. This year...
😑
There is a lot of pressure on me from my employer to make SHOT Show a huge deal on our socials. I'm afraid they're expecting perfect, when in reality, I'm going to be a dude walking around SHOT with my cell phone capturing content and working it together into something semi-presentable on my laptop while sitting on the floor in the corner.🤣

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Great videos despite using just a phone. I was hoping Smith and Wesson would come out with a Metal 10mm but no dice I guess.
let a few other brands make a successful metal 10mm and then S&W will be sure to copy it and put it on the market with lots of hype.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I am back in the office, back from SHOT Show. And damn, I'm still exhausted! HAHAHAHA
I can't believe this, but I spent some time at the Taurus booth playing with their G3C, and I liked it so much that last night, I "sniped" an auction (kinda) and bought a used one. I'm excited about it!

Last edited:

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sa-weet! I scored this G3C for $112 and the cost of the ride. I emailed an industry connection over at Taurus and scored the optic-ready "T.O.R.O." slide for a significant discount. I landed a new Holosun 407C for cost plus 5% (to cover credit card processing). I snagged a couple of new mags (two 12-rounders and one 15-rounder with a small grip extension) and an AIWB holster. I'm looking forward to putting this all together and out to the range to run it through its paces. It feels like a really nice gun and of decent quality, especially for the price range. Taurus may have won me over!
2024-02-06 08.38.27.jpg