OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I think you are heading in the proper direction. The only thing I think you have left to consider is what an officer might carry off-duty or back-up. Are you going to require them to do anything special if they start rocking a 43X MOS off duty? I REALLY like you upping the standard for RDS!!! I'm not sure about the holosun yet. I have one on an off-duty gun but I still haven't run enough rounds with it to be carrying it.
We don't require qualifications for off-duty weapons.

IMO it is not my job's place to tell me I can't carry a DEagle 50 when Im not on the clock. :eek:

I did qualify with an IWI Masada + Optic & my Jericho 941FS for shits and giggles.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
We don't require qualifications for off-duty weapons.

IMO it is not my job's place to tell me I can't carry a DEagle 50 when Im not on the clock. :eek:

I did qualify with an IWI Masada + Optic & my Jericho 941FS for shits and giggles.
How do you work around the HR 218 LEOSA stuff without a qual? I tell you what, I'm running up home to NJ here in a couple of weeks and I will be carrying and there wont be anything they can do about it! HAHAHA

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing to work around:

Defines "qualified law enforcement officer" as: (1) a current governmental agency law enforcement officer who is authorized to carry a firearm, who is not the subject of disciplinary action, who meets agency standards which require the employee to regularly qualify in the use of a firearm, and who is not under the influence of alcohol or another intoxicating or hallucinatory drug or substance; and (2) a retired law enforcement officer who retired in good standing from public agency service, who was regularly employed as a law enforcement officer for at least 15 years, who has a nonforfeitable right to agency retirement benefits, who has met the State's standards for training and qualification for active law enforcement officers to carry firearms during the most recent 12-month period, and who is not under the influence of alcohol or another intoxicating or hallucinatory drug or substance.
This bill does not specifically say you can only carry the firearm for which you are qualified. :wink:

Same thing for retired LEO credentials. You have to qualify once a year, but there is no verbiage on carry restriction in relations to said qualifications.

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got my safe in place. Made a couple of extra shelves as it will hold documents also. The blue bins were the wife's idea. I have extra holsters in one and will put some of the mags I have on the door in one of them too. The glock mags are only for my 9MM PCC that I built (middle rifle on left side) that will go in a bin and I will put my pistol mags on the door. Still playing with what will go where as far as the shelves are concerned. The top shelf is dedicated for documents.

Safe Exterior Pic.jpg

Safe Interior.jpg

Safe Door Inside.jpg

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Finally got my safe in place. Made a couple of extra shelves as it will hold documents also. The blue bins were the wife's idea. I have extra holsters in one and will put some of the mags I have on the door in one of them too. The glock mags are only for my 9MM PCC that I built (middle rifle on left side) that will go in a bin and I will put my pistol mags on the door. Still playing with what will go where as far as the shelves are concerned. The top shelf is dedicated for documents.

Safe Exterior Pic.jpg

Safe Interior.jpg

Safe Door Inside.jpg
Nice safe Doug but that's way to neat and organized. lol I was looking at those Steelwater safes before I bought my Champion safe. I was just about to buy one when they had a really good sale (50% off msrp) on the Champion at a local dealer I couldn't pass up.

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
Nice safe Doug but that's way to neat and organized. lol I was looking at those Steelwater safes before I bought my Champion safe. I was just about to buy one when they had a really good sale (50% off msrp) on the Champion at a local dealer I couldn't pass up.
Thanks!
I just got it so it won't stay neat and organized too much longer!! Steelwater Safes are local to me. Just across the Savannah River (about a 10 min. drive.) Put it in my 6x12 enclosed trailer. It took 5 of us to get it in the house (925lb). It is the biggest safe I could get in the room without removing walls LOL! I left the shipping feet on it as I will be moving it at a later date when I remodel the room.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Thanks!
I just got it so it won't stay neat and organized too much longer!! Steelwater Safes are local to me. Just across the Savannah River (about a 10 min. drive.) Put it in my 6x12 enclosed trailer. It took 5 of us to get it in the house (925lb). It is the biggest safe I could get in the room without removing walls LOL! I left the shipping feet on it as I will be moving it at a later date when I remodel the room.
Yeah mine looked like that for about a month. lol I paid them to deliver it, It's 1150 lbs and there was no way I was going to try and move that. It was the best $275.00 I'd spent in a while. ? Besides most of my friends out here are older and if I had asked them for help I'm sure all I would've heard was a dial tone.?

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
ABF dropped mine on the curb.
I got all 660lbs of it UP the driveway and into the house...
BY
MY
SELF!

Earned that Heineken!

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Some great links and discussion here. It might have been discussed but it’s a huge thread.
I’m thinking about purchasing a couple .40S&W guns in the next year. Never even shot that caliber before. I’ve heard from many people that it was much easier to find during the pandemic. Not sure how true as I just never even looked. But if that’s true - that’s a huge selling point for me. Plus a lot of law enforcement agencies still use that caliber.

Anyone here prefer it over 9mm?
I've only shot a couple .40's and I personally like 9mm better. I do have a bad wrist so that doesn't help but I feel that's one of those odd calibers like .380. It's right between 9mm and .45 so I'd rather go with one of those two. I'm not sure on it's availability but it seems like everything's either out of stock or just ridiculously priced now. After the '08 ammo shortage I condensed everything down to just a couple calibers now. It makes it easier trying to keep every gun stocked up rather than scrambling around trying to find 5-6 different ones. It's hard to say what's going to happen down the road but it doesn't look good! If you already have others in 9mm I say stick with that. You can grab a case (or two) if/when you can find it. No sense in trying to find ammo for another gun until the dust settles.

Here's a good site where you can check what's in stock and also put in alerts for when it comes back in. I did get a couple the past week for both 9mm & .223 but it was still priced way to high. Sad part is people are still buying it and it was all gone within 20 minutes.

https://www.targetsportsusa.com

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
I've only shot a couple .40's and I personally like 9mm better. I do have a bad wrist so that doesn't help but I feel that's one of those odd calibers like .380. It's right between 9mm and .45 so I'd rather go with one of those two. I'm not sure on it's availability but it seems like everything's either out of stock or just ridiculously priced now. After the '08 ammo shortage I condensed everything down to just a couple calibers now. It makes it easier trying to keep every gun stocked up rather than scrambling around trying to find 5-6 different ones. It's hard to say what's going to happen down the road but it doesn't look good! If you already have others in 9mm I say stick with that. You can grab a case (or two) if/when you can find it. No sense in trying to find ammo for another gun until the dust settles.

Here's a good site where you can check what's in stock and also put in alerts for when it comes back in. I did get a couple the past week for both 9mm & .223 but it was still priced way to high. Sad part is people are still buying it and it was all gone within 20 minutes.

https://www.targetsportsusa.com
Nothing wrong with in between major caliber points, to me they're what a shooter can control well...usually. I wanted to shoot .44 mag but it was too unexpected. I stepped down to .41 mag in a RUGER Blackhawk 6.5" barrel and it's a great one for me. I also like my 1911 .45acp over 9mm.

i suspect that the same would be true with anything semiautomatic under the .45 except a .22 which I kind of fancy..

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Nothing wrong with in between major caliber points, to me they're what a shooter can control well...usually. I wanted to shoot .44 mag but it was too unexpected. I stepped down to .41 mag in a RUGER Blackhawk 6.5" barrel and it's a great one for me. I also like my 1911 .45acp over 9mm.

i suspect that the same would be true with anything semiautomatic under the .45 except a .22 which I kind of fancy..
Yup I love my 22's also and luckily I stocked up when ammo was cheap (0.2.5/round) have a shit ton of ammo for them.

I do agree that you should get whatever you can shoot well. Heck I've told many that if you can shoot a .22 great but can't hit paper with a 9mm you're better off carrying the .22. Plus my response is based on todays world not what we were use to. Before we could go down and buy any gun and all the ammo you needed for it. It was relatively cheap and easy to find but that's not going to happen now. I just think the certain rounds especially in this day and age with the shortages are not practical. If .40 is plentiful then sure I'd go for it and get all you can but why start shooting another caliber and always be trying to hunt down ammo for another gun? If he already has a few in 9mm I would just concentrate on stocking up with as much ammo as you can find and afford right now. I just like the simplicity now of only having to deal with a select few calibers. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see this shortage or the prices getting better anytime soon. Plus if the new head of the ATF has his way the 2nd Amendment will be good for nothing but toilet paper! :mad:

Strokerduster

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger XLT, 2019 Edge ST, 1946 CJ2a street rod, shop full of motoorcycles
Vehicle Showcase
Kinda partial to .22 also, been shooting it for 65 years. When I went for CCL, most in class took 9mm and larger to qualify. I took a buckmark .22. Several had trouble on the range portion (50 shots from varying distance/position) and I shot a perfect score. All about what you're comfortable with.

IMG_1508.jpg

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
I've recently used the search engine ammoseek.com
Bought some stuff off there in the last couple months.
The engine lets you search for more than just ammo...

DocE3Gun

First Name
Dillen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Fx4
Occupation
self employed
I've recently used the search engine ammoseek.com
Bought some stuff off there in the last couple months.
The engine lets you search for more than just ammo...
Ammoseek works well, but can be a few minutes behind. I need to find out what the other site is called, but it works a little faster and I’ve had friends manage to get primers and 9mm when it’s out of stock before I see it via ammoseek.

DocE3Gun

First Name
Dillen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Fx4
Occupation
self employed
D9F9F390-3C28-4533-84A4-F43AFD2AC72A.jpeg

Glock upgrades......Titanium slides and steel mags/mag catches are not for everyone, but it’s nice having a lighter carry gun with a couple extra rounds (17rd in Glock 19, 19rds in Glock 17). The 17 has a CMC trigger that is actually not horrible.....and that’s coming from someone that shoots 20k rds/yr in a 2011 with a crisp 2# trigger.