First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Another cheap option is to use one of these Brite-Mark paint markers on the front sight. My new Ruger MK 22/45 has a plain black front sight (and rear) which is just about impossible for me to pick up. Eventually I'm going to change them out for fiber optic sights but this was a cheap alternative for a while. I used the white marker but they have several different colors.

https://www.amazon.com/Brite-Mark-M...RT41Y2GH2VP&psc=1&refRID=2QEEQ6NA4RT41Y2GH2VP

IMG_2429.jpg

IMG_2431.jpg

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think you'll find the recoil to be too bad. The Glock springs are pretty stout and tame the .45 really well. I was surprised by how tame it seems the first time I shot it. It may not recoil any worse than the Kimber. And yah, I'd expect the light to help that a little as well. I haven't fired mine with the light on it; the Inforce sticks out just beyond the barrel and I haven't felt like cleaning the light as well as the gun.
Glock changed the recoil springs to a bit heavier version on my G26 Gen 5. I'll probably keep that stock set up but for the G30, I ordered a stainless steel recoil set up from Lone Wolf last night.
Why? I feel better with a SS guide rod vs polymer. I changed out the guide rods to SS on my Kahr P380 and Sig 290RS. A feel good thing. The P365 has a steel guide rod.
The G42 has polymer and it kind of bugs me but I may just stay pat with the polymer. I will stay with polymer G26 due to it's updated heaver spring recoil set up.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
You're right but this was my Polish version of a white front sight. lol
this was my Polish version of a white sights. I changed the paint to the red and green dayglo
I painted the sights on my Micro 380. With Super bright paint. Not the best but it does the job. They were all-black sights. I ordered some Dayglo green for the rear sites and red for the front...
unnamedrr.jpg

unnamed.jpg

Last edited:

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Bryan, you should definitely check out the TFX Pro's for your G30. Even though your eyesights still good it really helps you get back on target quicker plus the night sights are great. Even if you don't replace both at least get the front fiber optic. Dawson Precision has some great sights and very reasonable.

https://dawsonprecision.com/sights/glock-sights/

My new Springfield 1911 has a fiber optic front sight and standard white dot rears and it's amazing how fast you can pick up the target. The front one is red but it also came with a yellow and green rod as spares.

Here's the Truglo TFX Pro for your Glock

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018IP2U0...pY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU&th=1

These are my TFX Pro's in the dark. You can see how nice they light up and how clear they are even with my aging eyes. lol

IMG_2280.jpg
Up until now, I've just given the idea of changing my sights a cursory thought. But I'm now convinced to look a lot more seriously at changing them out. Time to dig in the cushions for extra change...:LOL: Though some of those fiber optic aren't too expensive.

The G30 is very, very nice. Even my wife loves it. The only negative is it is to wide to carry which is no big deal with us. I'm fine carrying my other pistols. My wife loves carrying her G42.
That's why I ended up buying the G36. The 30 is just too big to conceal comfortably. If I lived someplace that was more "open carry tolerant", I'd probably carry the G30. Even though it's legal here, it's not exactly well accepted.

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Another cheap option is to use one of these Brite-Mark paint markers on the front sight. My new Ruger MK 22/45 has a plain black front sight (and rear) which is just about impossible for me to pick up. Eventually I'm going to change them out for fiber optic sights but this was a cheap alternative for a while. I used the white marker but they have several different colors.

https://www.amazon.com/Brite-Mark-M...RT41Y2GH2VP&psc=1&refRID=2QEEQ6NA4RT41Y2GH2VP

IMG_2429.jpg

IMG_2431.jpg
I used to paint the front blade of my guns with orange model paint to see them better. Got the idea from my FIL who uses yellow on his.

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Glock changed the recoil springs to a bit heavier version on my G26 Gen 5. I'll probably keep that stock set up but for the G30, I ordered a stainless steel recoil set up from Lone Wolf last night.
Why? I feel better with a SS guide rod vs polymer. I changed out the guide rods to SS on my Kahr P380 and Sig 290RS. A feel good thing. The P365 has a steel guide rod.
The G42 has polymer and it kind of bugs me but I may just stay pat with the polymer. I will stay with polymer G26 due to it's updated heaver spring recoil set up.
I'll be honest, Glock has such a reputation for reliability, that I'm ok with the polymer guide rods. If it ever looks like there's too much wear and tear, then I'd look at changing it out for a SS one.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'll be honest, Glock has such a reputation for reliability, that I'm ok with the polymer guide rods. If it ever looks like there's too much wear and tear, then I'd look at changing it out for a SS one.
Yeah, I know. It's just a feel good thing but I think I'll cancel the order.

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I know. It's just a feel good thing but I think I'll cancel the order.
Trust me, I understand that. In the end, it's really about the confidence in what we carry/shoot. After all, these are intended for self-defense and you have to feel comfortable with what's in your hand regardless of anybody else's opinion.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I used to paint the front blade of my guns with orange model paint to see them better. Got the idea from my FIL who uses yellow on his.
I ended up painting my sights on the 380 from white to Green/Red

unnamedrr.jpg

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone but me bought the UCCA Insurance? I have that AND the US law Shield Policy. This is the kind of coverage I would need in case of an incident.

https://www.uslawshield.com/

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Anyone but me bought the UCCA Insurance? I have that AND the US law Shield Policy. This is the kind of coverage I would need in case of an incident.

https://www.uslawshield.com/
I don't but it is good to have it. How much is it? I looked through the link but when it comes to seeing the plan you have to give your full name and email and I don't like that. Next thing you're getting bombed with emails from them so I stopped there.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I don't but it is good to have it. How much is it? I looked through the link but when it comes to seeing the plan you have to give your full name and email and I don't like that. Next thing you're getting bombed with emails from them so I stopped there.
I have USCCA. The cost is $60 a month for me and my wife with the top coverage option.
I don't see the need to carry two carry insurance companies.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I have USCCA. The cost is $60 a month for me and my wife with the top coverage option.
I don't see the need to carry two carry insurance companies.
Thanks! I know some people like to have a lot of insurance (not that it's a bad thing) but sometimes you can get carried away with it. It's something I've thought about but never really looked into it. I guess I'll wait wait and see what happens in Nov. It might not mater much if all the police are neutered and we're on our own to defend ourselves. The courts would never be able to handle all the self defense claims. lol