Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Mags mags and more mags. I am done buying magazines (and guns) . I just hate wasting range time to reload them.

20200617_151431.jpg

20200512_164109.jpg
I like loading at the range. Gives me and the guns a break. I'm never timed at my range. I can go over an hour and have gone with and without the wife or a buddy 90 minutes without any problem.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I like loading at the range. Gives me and the guns a break. I'm never timed at my range. I can go over an hour and have gone with and without the wife or a buddy 90 minutes without any problem.
I've been doing a half-hour. twice a week only three guns at a time. They are very strict about timing here. So I have to shoot everything I have pre-loaded in 30 minutes which is not too hard. The 45 doesn't Tire my hand at all whereas the 380 does give my wrist a workout 9 millimeter is kind of between both.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I will load mine at home but will usually reload while we're shooting too. I like to relax when I'm shooting and not rush through shooting. I've spent my whole working career rushing doing production houses for builders so this is my Zen time. lol

When it's not scorching hot in the summers we'll easily spend 4-5 hours out there shooting and bs-ing. It takes a good 30 minutes to set everything up then another 30 minutes taking it all back down. I just bought a EZ-UP canopy the other day which helps to just get out of the sun. I'll set up one of those 6' folding tables under it so we can lay all our stuff out on it. One of my friends that I shoot with has one but I needed one for the times I go without him.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I've been doing a half-hour. twice a week only three guns at a time. They are very strict about timing here. So I have to shoot everything I have pre-loaded in 30 minutes which is not too hard. The 45 doesn't Tire my hand at all whereas the 380 does give my wrist a workout 9 millimeter is kind of between both.
Wow,I've never heard of a range timing you. Now I can see why you have so many mags. ;) One of the indoor ranges I joined back east was open 24/7. It was in a small town and you had a key card to enter. They just asked that you leave the place as clean as you entered. It was nice as we would go around 10pm and we had the whole place to ourself. We only used it in the winter as I had an outdoor range that abutted my property and had a free membership to that one.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I will load mine at home but will usually reload while we're shooting too. I like to relax when I'm shooting and not rush through shooting. I've spent my whole working career rushing doing production houses for builders so this is my Zen time. lol

When it's not scorching hot in the summers we'll easily spend 4-5 hours out there shooting and bs-ing. It takes a good 30 minutes to set everything up then another 30 minutes taking it all back down. I just bought a EZ-UP canopy the other day which helps to just get out of the sun. I'll set up one of those 6' folding tables under it so we can lay all our stuff out on it. One of my friends that I shoot with has one but I needed one for the times I go without him.
I miss those days four wheeling in the desert shooting anywhere we want to

TERRORIST.jpg

EPSON023.JPG

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Wow,I've never heard of a range timing you. Now I can see why you have so many mags. ;) One of the indoor ranges I joined back east was open 24/7. It was in a small town and you had a key card to enter. They just asked that you leave the place as clean as you entered. It was nice as we would go around 10pm and we had the whole place to ourself. We only used it in the winter as I had an outdoor range that abutted my property and had a free membership to that one.
Yeah they pretty much use a time clock. 20 bucks an hour. After about a half hour I'm done anyway. Realize I'm only practicing at 7 to 10 yards so that gets boring after awhile especially if I'm doing well since I'm only bringing a couple of guns. Really impressed with the 1911 Commander. I love the weight not bad to carry once I am upright and moving around. At the range, I go to the Range Officers and owners all carry the 1911. Which reminds me I need to shoot the M&P Shield. After I bought the kimber's I kind of forgot about that gun but I would not get rid of it.

Now if I were still in Las Vegas, I'd spend hours out there in the desert and I bring all my guns

Nutty 5.0

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LB Super Crew, 2012 GT500, 2015 VW GSW TDI
Vehicle Showcase
Already in process! Thanks!! Great advice. We aren’t even loading them until we are in training. Mines been apart a couple dozen times already! She’s been catching up to me!
Just a follow up. We’ve both been through 2 2 hour courses. She is going to take more to refine her skills where I’m ok at this point. Will likely take more in the future for refreshers.

We went out last Friday for our 21st anniversary at the range. She hasn’t shot hers yet or 9mm until then. Instructor has her go from 22 to 380 but she’s ready apparently!
40B0317C-FA03-4F0D-9D52-3AE390932539.jpeg
F3F6DFAB-6610-45FC-AD87-ABB9D0D428EE.jpeg

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Recoil on the G36 isn't as bad as I thought it would be for such a small .45. My FIL had a Colt officer's model years ago that had worse recoil, at least I thought so. I would say it's a little more than the G30, but negligible, especially for anyone who's shot .45's prior.

It's funny you mention the slides...I looked into that before I bought the G36, but could never really find definitive info that the G36 would work on the G30 (at that time). Oh well, I'm happy with having both.
Went to the range today with my wife. The G30 has very minimal recoil and stays on target and is very accurate. Very happy with the gun. My wife did well shooting it too.
I left the range today without the G30. The gunsmith will be installing some Truglo TFX Pro combo night sights/fiber optic sights with sight in with my ammo for $25.
I have those sites on the wife's G42. I like them. I would put them on my G26 to but it has Glock night sights.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Yeah they pretty much use a time clock. 20 bucks an hour. After about a half hour I'm done anyway. Realize I'm only practicing at 7 to 10 yards so that gets boring after awhile especially if I'm doing well since I'm only bringing a couple of guns. Really impressed with the 1911 Commander. I love the weight not bad to carry once I am upright and moving around. At the range, I go to the Range Officers and owners all carry the 1911. Which reminds me I need to shoot the M&P Shield. After I bought the kimber's I kind of forgot about that gun but I would not get rid of it.

Now if I were still in Las Vegas, I'd spend hours out there in the desert and I bring all my guns
Now that I think of it there's a range here called Shooters World and they do charge by the hour. I'm use to the ones back east where you get a 1 year membership and can go in and shoot for as long as you want.

I love my 1911's too. They're so much fun to shoot and like you said they're heavier but very well balanced. Once I get a few more rounds through my new Springfield 4" 1911I I'll start caring that one.
I use to carry a full size 1911 45 IWB for years. I really don't like carrying that way but you kind of hard to back in MA. Here I always carry OWB with a shirt covering it but I don't have to worry if I print or it shows.

I always bring my Shield with me when we go because that's my main carry gun. I'll run 4 mags through it then put a ton through my 1911's. I'm trying to get back out soon seeing as I got the Sig XL back a couple weeks ago and still haven't had a chance to shoot it. It's getting tougher since it's now hot here, it's supposed to hit 111 next week.?

IF you do decide to sell the Shield let me know. I know you say you're not going to but that could change any day. :crackup:?

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Just a follow up. We’ve both been through 2 2 hour courses. She is going to take more to refine her skills where I’m ok at this point. Will likely take more in the future for refreshers.

We went out last Friday for our 21st anniversary at the range. She hasn’t shot hers yet or 9mm until then. Instructor has her go from 22 to 380 but she’s ready apparently!
40B0317C-FA03-4F0D-9D52-3AE390932539.jpeg
F3F6DFAB-6610-45FC-AD87-ABB9D0D428EE.jpeg
I'd say she's ready....Nice shooting! Better watch out now. lol

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
Went to the range today with my wife. The G30 has very minimal recoil and stays on target and is very accurate. Very happy with the gun. My wife did well shooting it too.
I left the range today without the G30. The gunsmith will be installing some Truglo TFX Pro combo night sights/fiber optic sights with sight in with my ammo for $25.
I have those sites on the wife's G42. I like them. I would put them on my G26 to but it has Glock night sights.
Good to hear you like it, Joe - I knew you would. It's such a nice gun to shoot. I LOVE my G30 and have considered night sights or fiber optic. I don't really NEED them, but as I get older and the eyesight gets worse, it might be nice to have them...LOL.

My G36 is a nice gun to shoot as well and doesn't really have any more kick than the G30. It's much nicer to conceal - the ONLY drawback is the 6+1 capacity. Of course, that's why I carry .45 :giggle:

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Good to hear you like it, Joe - I knew you would. It's such a nice gun to shoot. I LOVE my G30 and have considered night sights or fiber optic. I don't really NEED them, but as I get older and the eyesight gets worse, it might be nice to have them...LOL.

My G36 is a nice gun to shoot as well and doesn't really have any more kick than the G30. It's much nicer to conceal - the ONLY drawback is the 6+1 capacity. Of course, that's why I carry .45 :giggle:
Hey Bryan, you should definitely check out the TFX Pro's for your G30. Even though your eyesights still good it really helps you get back on target quicker plus the night sights are great. Even if you don't replace both at least get the front fiber optic. Dawson Precision has some great sights and very reasonable.

https://dawsonprecision.com/sights/glock-sights/

My new Springfield 1911 has a fiber optic front sight and standard white dot rears and it's amazing how fast you can pick up the target. The front one is red but it also came with a yellow and green rod as spares.

Here's the Truglo TFX Pro for your Glock

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018IP2U0...pY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU&th=1

These are my TFX Pro's in the dark. You can see how nice they light up and how clear they are even with my aging eyes. lol

IMG_2280.jpg

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Bryan, you should definitely check out the TFX Pro's for your G30. Even though your eyesights still good it really helps you get back on target quicker plus the night sights are great. Even if you don't replace both at least get the front fiber optic. Dawson Precision has some great sights and very reasonable.

https://dawsonprecision.com/sights/glock-sights/

My new Springfield 1911 has a fiber optic front sight and standard white dot rears and it's amazing how fast you can pick up the target. The front one is red but it also came with a yellow and green rod as spares.

Here's the Truglo TFX Pro for your Glock

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018IP2U0...pY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU&th=1

These are my TFX Pro's in the dark. You can see how nice they light up and how clear they are even with my aging eyes. lol

IMG_2280.jpg
Bryan, Dave is correct. I have trouble picking up the regular sights and night sights at the indoor range with my aging eyes. The TruGlos help a lot.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

The G30 is very, very nice. Even my wife loves it. The only negative is it is to wide to carry which is no big deal with us. I'm fine carrying my other pistols. My wife loves carrying her G42.