Gun Related Pictures and Chat

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
So the first mag ran fine through the P365 then about 3-4 rounds through the second mag it jams. Ok so I clear it and again next one FTE. Empty the mag and put it different ammo and still the same results,will not eject the spent casing. The ejector looks good so I guess Sig will get a call tomorrow and back to the factory it goes. T I thought the regular 365 had this problem and it was supposedly fixed with the XL. I was hoping this would be my new carry gun but even when fixed I wouldn't trust it until I have at least 1000 + rounds though it without any problems. Sure Sig will fix it and make it right but nowhere have I seen extractor issues with the XL. I guess it's possible it's something else. All the reviews I read no one had any issues with theirs so before I get to bent out of shape I guess I should wait to see what Sig says.

IMG_2344.PNG

Talked to Sig and of course they said this is the first they've heard of this issue. I voiced my concern about feeling safe carrying this now and he did say they would completely go through the whole gun and do whatever it takes to get it up and running right. I know they will as Sig has outstanding CS and they sent me a shipping label right away. He said I should have it back in 7-10 days which is great considering what's going on now a days. I do feel confident they will make this right just like Kimber did but I will still want to run at least 1000 rounds through it before I carry it now.

On a good note the 15 rounds or so I put through it I really liked the way the gun ran. I was shooting a little high and left but that was just me getting use to it. The groupings were tight so once I get it back I'm sure once I have a few hundred rounds though it this will be a real tack driver!

I take my Kimber out every time and run 50 rounds through it. I really love this 1911 and since getting it back it's performed flawless. It's a 5" 1911 with a Vortex Venom red dot so this is just a target pistol.

The Springfield being a 4" 1911 will probably be one I will rotate and carry. I can't remember who it was asking a while back about what to recommend for a good 1911 and for the money the Springfield is now HIGH on my list. I've had my Springfield EMP Micro for over 10 years now and this new one is just as nice. Springfield and Kimber are my top 2 choices for 1911's,you get what you pay for and honestly they're very reasonable considering their great CS!

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Talked to Sig and of course they said this is the first they've heard of this issue. I voiced my concern about feeling safe carrying this now and he did say they would completely go through the whole gun and do whatever it takes to get it up and running right. I know they will as Sig has outstanding CS and they sent me a shipping label right away. He said I should have it back in 7-10 days which is great considering what's going on now a days. I do feel confident they will make this right just like Kimber did but I will still want to run at least 1000 rounds through it before I carry it now.

On a good note the 15 rounds or so I put through it I really liked the way the gun ran. I was shooting a little high and left but that was just me getting use to it. The groupings were tight so once I get it back I'm sure once I have a few hundred rounds though it this will be a real tack driver!

I take my Kimber out every time and run 50 rounds through it. I really love this 1911 and since getting it back it's performed flawless. It's a 5" 1911 with a Vortex Venom red dot so this is just a target pistol.

The Springfield being a 4" 1911 will probably be one I will rotate and carry. I can't remember who it was asking a while back about what to recommend for a good 1911 and for the money the Springfield is now HIGH on my list. I've had my Springfield EMP Micro for over 10 years now and this new one is just as nice. Springfield and Kimber are my top 2 choices for 1911's,you get what you pay for and honestly they're very reasonable considering their great CS!
I should be getting my Kimber hat-trick this week. Commander 45, micro 9 mm, and a micro 380. On the way Papa Bear Mama Bear and baby bear.

Did I mention I'm partial to 1911 aesthetic??? LOL

unnamed (1).jpg

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
This may be a little off-topic, but it is been bugging me lately.

Do people understand what an auction is for? Of course to sell something. But if I wanted to pay retail or MORE than retail, I would just go to the store (or online) and get it. Why would I pay extra for something? It amazes me how people lose their mind when it comes to auctions......let's see how MUCH I can pay for something rather than get it at a decent price!!

As Phil would say.....a bit of a backstory. Keep in mind I am talking about everyday items, not rare or unusual items.

I helped a friend with his auction business for about 10yrs (before he passed). Every Sunday I worked the table and the crowd. Sometimes I would travel with him on Friday and Saturday nights. I know the object of the auction is to get as much as you can for an item from the seller's standpoint. That is where reserve's and minimum bid's come into play. A reserve or minimum bid has to be met or it won't be sold. When no reserve and no minimum bid is applied, then all bids are fair game.

Now the object of the buyer is to save money and get something below retail but still a decent price. I could bid $75 on a $100 common item with no reserve or minimum bid price and win that item for $75 if no one else bids.

But the mentality of some bidders drive me crazy. Why drive a bid up to $150 on a common $100 item? Do you not understand you are trying to SAVE money? I seen it a lot. As an auctioneer, sometimes you have to work the crowd and get them to bid higher so you can "back the bid down". What happens then is the auctioneer stops the bidding and lowers the price of the item to what is needed for that item. This lower price applies to all who were bidding over the actual price (usually 3 or 4 people in a bidding war). If there are any items left, it goes to the next bidders and so on. What this does is set up the crowd to pay more for some other items where you can make your money on. And there are other subtle ways to get the bids rolling that I won't go into right now.

But the online auctions don't work like that. The mentality is to SAVE money when bidding on items. You set a limit on how much you would want to spend and leave it alone. Hopefully it is for less than retail but a decent price. If not, then what is the point? I see a lot of bids and think what's the point of buying from an auction? You still have to pay shipping and FFL fees. And you still are bidding more than retail?

Unless of course there is a setup where a friend of the seller (or the seller himself with another account) is driving up the price for the seller and if the friend happens to be the high bidder, they make you think it is sold, but the transaction either doesn't take place in real life or they work out something else to fool the public. I hope that isn't the case, but I have heard of it being done.

OK...enough of a rant. Thanks for listening!

Now I am hoping to get the Shockwave for less than $300 or close to it, which is a price it was prior to the "pandemic". The ammo prices are starting to creep down, so the weapon prices should follow soon.
I am amazed at how someone thinks they are getting the deal of a lifetime on a readily available item and haven't factored in shipping and FFL fees into the equation. The costs of those fees can easily bring their "deal" over local store prices...

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I should be getting my Kimber hat-trick this week. Commander 45, micro 9 mm, and a micro 380. On the way Papa Bear Mama Bear and baby bear.

Did I mention I'm partial to 1911 aesthetic??? LOL

unnamed (1).jpg

Hahaha....You now have the 1911 virus! Expect it to last a lifetime with NO possible cure or vaccine. They tend to multiply without warning and drain bank accounts. :crackup:

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
So the first mag ran fine through the P365 then about 3-4 rounds through the second mag it jams. Ok so I clear it and again next one FTE. Empty the mag and put it different ammo and still the same results,will not eject the spent casing. The ejector looks good so I guess Sig will get a call tomorrow and back to the factory it goes. T I thought the regular 365 had this problem and it was supposedly fixed with the XL. I was hoping this would be my new carry gun but even when fixed I wouldn't trust it until I have at least 1000 + rounds though it without any problems. Sure Sig will fix it and make it right but nowhere have I seen extractor issues with the XL. I guess it's possible it's something else. All the reviews I read no one had any issues with theirs so before I get to bent out of shape I guess I should wait to see what Sig says.

IMG_2344.PNG

I know my Kimber had a few issues but they were mostly with the sights and red dot. Having FTF or FTE make me nervous so I don't know what I'm going to do yet but my Shield will continue to be my carry along with my 1911's.

At least the Springfield 1911 ran flawless! I ran 100 rounds through it with 3 different mags,the stock mags,the Mac-Gar mags and the 5 new mags from eBay. Tom those eBay mags are great and worth getting. They are the same exact mags as the factory Kimber and Springfield mags.

It was getting warm fast today so I only ran 35 rounds through my new Rugged Obsidian 9 Suppressor and luckily that was flawless too.
Dave, I've never had a P365 malfunction yet. Something ain't right.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Now that I've calmed down some I looked at it again and I see what looks to be a small adjustment screw above the extractor. I'm guessing it's set to tight and it's not grabbing the rim of the casing fast enough. Before I mess with it I'll call Sig in the morning because with my luck I'll mess with it and something else will happen. Besides I'd rather have them waste their ammo adjusting it as long as they're not to backed up from this whole Covid mess.

It's always nice getting "free money" usually I just find a quarter in my pants pocket. lol Hopefully you can find the Shockwave soon once Mossberg catches up with their production.
I'm going to send my 1911 back to Kimber. Kimber wants to see the gun I have 10 mags. All 3 Kimber mags will not feed. All the aftermarkets feed perfectly and I have two Wilson Combat mags coming. So they want the gun back which I don't mind cuz they will go through the whole gun again. I'm going to send it back when I come back from my brother's I want to blow a bunch of ammo to it up there see if it straightens out.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Dave, I've never had a P365 malfunction yet. Something ain't right.
Or someones trying to tell me I have a problem. lol

Nawww I'll take my chances.

I Need Some Revolvers.jpg

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I'm going to send my 1911 back to Kimber. Kimber wants to see the gun I have 10 mags. All 3 Kimber mags will not feed. All the aftermarkets feed perfectly and I have two Wilson Combat mags coming. So they want the gun back which I don't mind cuz they will go through the whole gun again. I'm going to send it back when I come back from my brother's I want to blow a bunch of ammo to it up there see if it straightens out.
When I sent mine back to Kimber for the sights and the red dot they went completely through the gun doing way more than I expected. I know that the tolerances are very tight on the Kimbers and they say it can take 300-500 rounds for break in. The mags are a different story as the aftermarket ones work and the OEM ones don't. Which is stranger because both my Kimber and Springfield have the exact same mags along with the eBay mags and all fed fine yesterday.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I've haven't posted in the Ranger section for quite a while. Seems I only post here.
I guess I'm done modding and there seems to be many repeats of what we posted and read earlier. Oh well.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I've haven't posted in the Ranger section for quite a while. Seems I only post here.
I guess I'm done modding and there seems to be many repeats of what we posted and read earlier. Oh well.
You know you're getting too comfortable when you're getting likes on posts that are 8 months old.

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
OK you Rifle guys, I gotta question or 2.

I am looking to get an AR style rifle. What is a good rifle for a reasonable (not pandemic) price? I will probably get a .22 caliber along with a .223/5.56. Anything I need to pay attention to? Pro's/Con's? Normal (not pandemic) price of .223/5.56 ammo?

I don't know much about rifles other than the major brands. I am more of a handgun guy. Will only get one of each most likely. Nothing right away. Got a couple of handguns and a shotgun to get first!

Thanks!

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
OK you Rifle guys, I gotta question or 2.

I am looking to get an AR style rifle. What is a good rifle for a reasonable (not pandemic) price? I will probably get a .22 caliber along with a .223/5.56. Anything I need to pay attention to? Pro's/Con's? Normal (not pandemic) price of .223/5.56 ammo?

I don't know much about rifles other than the major brands. I am more of a handgun guy. Will only get one of each most likely. Nothing right away. Got a couple of handguns and a shotgun to get first!

Thanks!

Just wait and Tom will probably be selling his .223 soon. lol :LOL:

For a .223 the S&W like Tom has is a good choice. It has everything you will need and it's backed with a lifetime warrantee. Before the pandemic they were selling for $500 everywhere so if you're not in a hurry you can wait until prices come down. BUT if the political climate changes they will shoot up even higher as Biden already said he will ban these.

Another option that is more cost effective is to build one. Trust me they're easy and seeing as you're mechanically inclined (fixing your bikes) you will have no trouble. They sell the parts kits at Palmetto State Armory with the upper,trigger and all other parts that can be shipped directly to you. Then all you need is a stripped lower.that has to be sent to the dealer as that has the serial number on it. They just had some really good deals over Memorial Day weekend but I'm sure there will be another come July 4th. If you go this route I have a couple videos I can send you and it explains step by step how to build them with basic hand tools.

I bought my first one all assembled but my dealer is the one who convinced me to start building them. This way you save money and get to learn how the rifle functions and if you have any problems you're already familiar with all the parts. The first one took a little over an hour as I was going slow and pausing the video a lot to double check everything but now I can do them in roughly 30 mins.

Here's the first one I bought all assembled. I paid $500.00 with free shipping a couple years ago. Don't get caught up that you have to spend $2,000 + for a good AR, it's like comparing a 1911 to a M&P. Both are good and will do the job but the M&P is a great pistol. it's better to spend your money to get a good scope and maybe later on a better trigger. I can hit steel at 400 yards so unless you're trying for dime size groupings you don't have to spend a lot.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-pa15-16-nitride-a2-midlength-556-moe-ar15-rifle-fde.html

Here's the parts kit and the lower receiver. This is a really nice set up for about $570.00. They have many different ones so you can scan through their sight when you have time. There's not a lot that are in stock so I would grab something soon because these are going to be even harder to get towards the fall. One other thing is I do like these uppers better because the have the M-Lok rails and you can easily attach lights,grips or lasers to them. If it were me and you really want to get one I would put the Sig XL on hold and get this first. The Sig will always be available,these may not.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-stealth-lower.html

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa...-rifle-kit-with-mbus-sight-set-516447430.html

All the .223 ammo was the first to fly off the shelf. I usually just shoot the Wolf steel case which I was paying 0.18/round for before all this. I did catch it back in stock at Target Sports for 0.22/round last month so still not to bad. Set up in stock reminders there and if I see it anywhere else I'll let you know. Doesn't hurt to buy some even though you done have the rifle yet.

Damn,I just realized this post got long. lol

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just wait and Tom will probably be selling his .223 soon. lol :LOL:

For a .223 the S&W like Tom has is a good choice. It has everything you will need and it's backed with a lifetime warrantee. Before the pandemic they were selling for $500 everywhere so if you're not in a hurry you can wait until prices come down. BUT if the political climate changes they will shoot up even higher as Biden already said he will ban these.

Another option that is more cost effective is to build one. Trust me they're easy and seeing as you're mechanically inclined (fixing your bikes) you will have no trouble. They sell the parts kits at Palmetto State Armory with the upper,trigger and all other parts that can be shipped directly to you. Then all you need is a stripped lower.that has to be sent to the dealer as that has the serial number on it. They just had some really good deals over Memorial Day weekend but I'm sure there will be another come July 4th. If you go this route I have a couple videos I can send you and it explains step by step how to build them with basic hand tools.

I bought my first one all assembled but my dealer is the one who convinced me to start building them. This way you save money and get to learn how the rifle functions and if you have any problems you're already familiar with all the parts. The first one took a little over an hour as I was going slow and pausing the video a lot to double check everything but now I can do them in roughly 30 mins.

Here's the first one I bought all assembled. I paid $500.00 with free shipping a couple years ago. Don't get caught up that you have to spend $2,000 + for a good AR, it's like comparing a 1911 to a M&P. Both are good and will do the job but the M&P is a great pistol. it's better to spend your money to get a good scope and maybe later on a better trigger. I can hit steel at 400 yards so unless you're trying for dime size groupings you don't have to spend a lot.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-pa15-16-nitride-a2-midlength-556-moe-ar15-rifle-fde.html

Here's the parts kit and the lower receiver. This is a really nice set up for about $570.00. They have many different ones so you can scan through their sight when you have time. There's not a lot that are in stock so I would grab something soon because these are going to be even harder to get towards the fall. One other thing is I do like these uppers better because the have the M-Lok rails and you can easily attach lights,grips or lasers to them. If it were me and you really want to get one I would put the Sig XL on hold and get this first. The Sig will always be available,these may not.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-stealth-lower.html

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa...-rifle-kit-with-mbus-sight-set-516447430.html

All the .223 ammo was the first to fly off the shelf. I usually just shoot the Wolf steel case which I was paying 0.18/round for before all this. I did catch it back in stock at Target Sports for 0.22/round last month so still not to bad. Set up in stock reminders there and if I see it anywhere else I'll let you know. Doesn't hurt to buy some even though you done have the rifle yet.

Damn,I just realized this post got long. lol
I may just wait on Tom :bandit:
My SIL built his a few years ago but we can never get our shifts straight so I rarely see him.

I am looking at Ammo first anyway as I know it will be harder to come by. The .22 is my first choice to plink with and get used to, The .223 I didn't think about building, thought it would be more expensive. I thought it was just like computers, it used to be cheaper to build but now they are throw-away's and cheap to buy. I will look into parts to see some costs. Any recommendations would be great. I know NOTHING about it. So silly questions will be forth-coming :like:

I will check out the links tonight at work.....not much happening so I won't be real busy.

Thanks again for the info!

Last edited: