First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I don't think I'm going to trade the Kimber. I like that little gun too much I like it better than the Sig. So I have a Kahr PM9 and a SW Bodyguard coming in. Hoping the BG is good for Summer carry. Im keeping the Kimber. I won't get much for it and it has a grip laser.

The ONLY (sure...) gun I want going forward is a 1911 Commander model for less than $500. IT would be .45 cal. I don't want the 9mm version. I sold the MP15/22 for $60 less that I paid and bought the MP 15/.223 for a tad over $500. I have 8 filled 30rd mags ready to go.

So I'm in the hunt for a 1911 Officer or Commander .45. I didn't take tourists out of the mix because a lot of reviews have said the Taurus is really a good gun for the money. The key is for the money. I I'm not going to spend $1,000 for a gun. The Hobby hasn't bit me that bad. I'm always looking to get a good deal. I bought my bodyguard and the Kahr on gunbroker.com. The problem with having these guns they're hard to get rid of unless you want to take a loss and let somebody else pay your wholesale and sell it for retail.

I have to find out how to sell on GunBroker. I don't mind a used gun if I see it first. Since I keep my guns immaculate, I'll know if somebody else did the same. I know I could sell on Craigslist before I get caught...LOL
I'm glad you're keeping the Kimber,they're really good guns! I have an account on Gunbroker but haven't sold or bought anything on there. Most times they're over-priced but I have seen a few good ones for sale. With that said seeing as they're usually higher you could try listing yours on there and maybe get most/all your money back.

That Rock Island is probably your best bet for the money. Look at their site and find one you like then check out gun.deals?

https://armscor.com/firearms/ria/rock-series/

I'd stay away from Craigslist. lol

There's also www.armslist.com which I've bought some accessories on but never a gun.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Don't give up it just yet. I had a problem with my Kimber right off the bat but since I got it back it's been flawless. I have about 400 rounds through it with zero issues. Anything we buy can have problems but it's how the manufacturer handles it that's important to me whether it be our Rangers or a firearm. If you can run 500 rounds through it with no issues I would say you're GTG.

BTW...You're just fooling yourself if you think you're done! lol :LOL:
Gen 5 Glock 26! Yummy! :facepalm:

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
:LOL: You just might have less willpower than I do! lol

Just don't sell it 2 days later like your brother.?
I love the Sig P365. Maybe if I didn't have the P365, I definitely would go for the G26 5 Gen.
I got the Kahr P380 today. Very nice. Monday the MK9 and the G42 maybe the end of next week..

Getting the wife's LCPII back from repair Monday.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'm glad you're keeping the Kimber,they're really good guns! I have an account on Gunbroker but haven't sold or bought anything on there. Most times they're over-priced but I have seen a few good ones for sale. With that said seeing as they're usually higher you could try listing yours on there and maybe get most/all your money back.

That Rock Island is probably your best bet for the money. Look at their site and find one you like then check out gun.deals?

https://armscor.com/firearms/ria/rock-series/

I'd stay away from Craigslist. lol

There's also www.armslist.com which I've bought some accessories on but never a gun.
I had two incoming today. A used Kahr PM9 from Gun Brookers. and the SW Bodyguard. I am a long way from one in/one out LOL.... I sold the .22 when I bought the .223

Instead of my race to the bottom price-wise, I decided to buy in the middle. Kimber, .. Kimber for some reason has my attention right now. Probably because I really love the small version the micro 9.

I was going to get my wife to use The Bodyguard (try to get her out of that snub nose) but alas she cannot rack any of my guns. And here they are. So now I'm going to have to buy something she can rack.

Kimber_America_Stainless_Pro_Carry_II.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I had two incoming today. A used Kahr PM9 from Gun Brookers. and the SW Bodyguard. I am a long way from one in/one out LOL.... I sold the .22 when I bought the .223

Instead of my race to the bottom price-wise, I decided to buy in the middle. Kimber, .. Kimber for some reason has my attention right now. Probably because I really love the small version the micro 9.

I was going to get my wife to use The Bodyguard (try to get her out of that snub nose) but alas she cannot rack any of my guns. And here they are. So now I'm going to have to buy something she can rack.

Good choice going with the Kimber! I was looking at the Pro Carry II but I like the KHX Pro because it has the built in CT Laser and I've never had a gun with a laser before. Most of the specs are very similar to the Pro Carry II and it's a 4" barrel too.

You should see if any of your local stores have the Shield EZ,they specifically made this for people who have trouble racking the slide. Maybe your wife will find this one easier to rack,they have it in 9mm and 380?

Good review of the Shield EZ both in 9mm and 380

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Good choice going with the Kimber! I was looking at the Pro Carry II but I like the KHX Pro because it has the built in CT Laser and I've never had a gun with a laser before. Most of the specs are very similar to the Pro Carry II and it's a 4" barrel too.

You should see if any of your local stores have the Shield EZ,they specifically made this for people who have trouble racking the slide. Maybe your wife will find this one easier to rack,they have it in 9mm and 380?

Good review of the Shield EZ both in 9mm and 380

My wife had the EZ 380. The 9mm is even bigger, Very easy slide but the gun is too big to carry. Forget about pocket carry.
I think he should go with the LCPII. The slide racks easy on that gun and it's small.

The LCPII is a very nice low priced small 380 if it works well. I'm going to put 150-200 rounds through the wife's Monday return repaired LCPII on Tuesday, People like them. Maybe her gun problems were rare.
My wife loves the size of the LCPII and shoots it well.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

If you're going to get extra mags for your 1911 you should check these out. There's no name brand stamping on them but from reading the Kimber message board these are the exact same ones Kimber and some others use just without their brand stamping on them. There's a patent number stamped on the feed lip and it's the same exact one on my Kimber and those on the Kimber site. All the reviews were great along with the reviews on eBay. I'm going to be ordering the 5 pack of 9 rounders for mine @ $84.00 you can't go wrong when the Kimber stamped ones are 3X's that.

https://www.ebay.com/str/joes1911magmania?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
If you're going to get extra mags for your 1911 you should check these out. There's no name brand stamping on them but from reading the Kimber message board these are the exact same ones Kimber and some others use just without their brand stamping on them. There's a patent number stamped on the feed lip and it's the same exact one on my Kimber and those on the Kimber site. All the reviews were great along with the reviews on eBay. I'm going to be ordering the 5 pack of 9 rounders for mine @ $84.00 you can't go wrong when the Kimber stamped ones are 3X's that.

Wow. Thanks again Dave I'll check it out. I buy a lot of mags. I have 11 mp15 30 round mags ready to go. I definitely will be looking to buy some magazines for the 1911. I try and stay with Magpul. Never had a problem with their magazines. I like to have six to eight magazines per gun. So when I go to the range I don't have to spend precious range time to reload.

Definitely going to check those out and buy them. So what's a small automatic a female can rack? LCP 2? It's a shame she can track The Bodyguard, I would have bought another one for her.

I'm pretty stoked I'm getting a 1911. Although I didn't want to 5-inch barrel or the 3-inch barrel. Commander size @ 4 inches is perfect. Although the 5x would be more accurate, it's just that the 4-inch looks more balanced. Here are the relative sizes of what I have now that baby Kimber micro 9 is the exact copy to the bigger one coming in. So which guns should I sell LOL. Actually the first one out would be the PM9, I bought that one use for $350 so I can't get to buried in it. The rest were all new purchases

20200514_164709 (1).jpg

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Wow. Thanks again Dave I'll check it out. I buy a lot of mags. I have 11 mp15 30 round mags ready to go. I definitely will be looking to buy some magazines for the 1911. I try and stay with Magpul. Never had a problem with their magazines. I like to have six to eight magazines per gun. So when I go to the range I don't have to spend precious range time to reload.

Definitely going to check those out and buy them. So what's a small automatic a female can rack? LCP 2? It's a shame she can track The Bodyguard, I would have bought another one for her.

I'm pretty stoked I'm getting a 1911. Although I didn't want to 5-inch barrel or the 3-inch barrel. Commander size @ 4 inches is perfect. Although the 5x would be more accurate, it's just that the 4-inch looks more balanced. Here are the relative sizes of what I have now that baby Kimber micro 9 is the exact copy to the bigger one coming in. So which guns should I sell LOL. Actually the first one out would be the PM9, I bought that one use for $350 so I can't get to buried in it. The rest were all new purchases

20200514_164709 (1).jpg
All my AR mags are Magpul Gen 2's. All my pistols I always buy factory mags for them and can usually find them reasonable somewhere online,especially if you get them around Black Friday.

Wilson Combat are probably the best 1911 mags out there but they are around 40.00/each. The ones I listed above were highly recommended on the Kimber message board. I never cheap out out my mags (you're life could depend on it) but with all the positive reviews I feel confident in these. The only thing not on there is the Kimber stamping. Kind of like buying a generic mattress that was made in the Sealy plant.

Yup,1911's are addictive for some reason. lol I do like my 5" Kimber and it's great for accuracy but I can see myself buying more 4" ones. Like you said they're the perfect all around size and not to big and heavy if you want to occasionally carry it. I just like bringing different ones out when we go and it's nice to change it up once in a while. You'll always be able to sell them so might as well hold on to them for a while unless you really don't like it then dump it and get another. I actually might sell my Ruger SR22 seeing as I bought 3 new ones and like them a lot more and really just see that one sitting in the safe now.

As far as which one to sell you know my feeling on that....NONE! Lol ?

You Don't Have Enough.jpg

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm very excited. I was asked to come back to my old training job (but with my rank) TDY. I was told they are working the system and I wont be going back to a patrol car. The next couple of months are going to be hot and hard with yearly in-service training and firearms qualifications, but I will be on the ranges a lot!!!

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

I'm not sure what to buy. I see hybrid 1911 mags. I was going to try out a couple to see if they're going to work. Are all those mags good for the 1911?

20200515_184621.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I'm not sure what to buy. I see hybrid 1911 mags. I was going to try out a couple to see if they're going to work. Are all those mags good for the 1911?
Yes they're all 1911 mags. I've never used a hybrid mag and not sure I would in a 1911. I like to keep them as close to stock with my 1911's.

Were you getting them for the Kimber 9mm?

Last edited:
OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

20200515_184621.jpg
I just ordered some 1911 mags from eBay. Both my Kimber and Springfield have the same exact mags except Kimber has their name stamped on the baseplate. Both have the exact same patent as the eBay mags for 1/3 the cost. So if they're for your Kimber 9mm they should be the same as the ones I just ordered.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1911-9-mm-...501224&hash=item3d57868f0b:g:ADoAAOSwRLZUDeJO

My Springfield mag...Same as the eBay mag

IMG_2268.jpg
IMG_2267.jpg

Roaring Gorilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Ridgeline AWD Sport
I have a 1911 fetish.lol

You can see my newest one in post #730 above,it's a Springfield 4" with fiber optic front sight. I also Have a Springfield EMP 3" which I've had for over 10 years now and absolutely love! These are going to be carry and range guns along with my Shield and new P365 XL which is coming in Monday. :D

I have a Kimber 5" that I bought back in January that's strictly a target gun,it came with a Vortex Venom red dot. This gun is my favorite range gun and I bring it every time we go. Both Kimber and Springfield have great customer service and QC.

I've also owned a few S&W 1911's which were ok,not bad but not great except for the Performance Center 1911. That one there was a great gun and I'm still kicking myself for selling it! :headbang: I've never owned a Colt but heard the QC has gone downhill over the years so if you're going to buy one I'd look at the older ones.

What are you going to use it for? Carry,range or both? Personally I say you can't go wrong with either a Kimber or Springfield,I love mine and have no regrets buying either. I was going to buy a Rock Island then all this buying spree took off and they are sold out everywhere so I got another SA instead. I know Tom (@SubVet) just picked up a Kimber Micro and he really likes that too.

Once you decide take a look at www.gun.deals and just enter the upc or manufacturers number in the upper right search bar and it will show you every online dealer who has it in stock and the price. You should be able to get a good Springfield 1911 for $700-$800 and Kimber from $800-$1,000. The Kimber KHX is a really nice 1911 and will probably be my next one.

You can click the drop down on Kimber to see what calibers the models come in.
https://www.kimberamerica.com/pistols/1911/9mm

https://www.springfield-armory.com/1911-series-handguns
Thank you for the information. I will definitely consider all of these when I feel ready to buy.