Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
What's your carry ammo? I use Federal Premium LE 124 grain HST JHP, it's nickel plated brass casing. I like this and the Speer LE ammo but have been using the HST for several years now. YouTube has some great videos with the ballistics gel and what both of these rounds do as far as penetration and expansion. I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of either! Target Sports USA has both of these on sale at 50% off every month. The Federals are the first Wednesday and the Speer are the last Wednesday of each month and the sale starts at 2:00 pm EST. The price will show up discounted once you add it to your cart. The HST is $18.40/box 50 which is a great price and I try and get a box every month or so.

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/fed...-hst-jacketed-hollow-point-p9hst1-p-3546.aspx

IMG_1876.jpg

I've tried many and I like 124 gr Federal FMJ for the range and Federal 124 gr HST for carry.
I wasn't aware of the first weds Target USA sale but am now. Thanks!

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
SHOT Show 2020 Day 2 Coverage

I'm only 8:00 into the video and have already seen 2-3 I want!:rockon:

Edit: I didn't even make it past 10:00 and I'm already searching online for a Colt Python. :curse:

GA-Colt-Python-1.jpg

Wish I could find a way to get in...maybe they'll open it to the public someday...

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Wish I could find a way to get in...maybe they'll open it to the public someday...

Same here. Can you imagine what the credit card would look like after the show:question:

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Ugg...I hate UPS! So I order my new gun online the other day and it was shipped 2 day air on Wednesday and was supposed to be here today. This morning I get an email that now says Monday and wouldn't you know my ffl is closed on Mondays! I called UPS this morning and of course they have no idea why it's still sitting in VA (was bought in GA) and basically said you're SOL it's coming Monday,so much for 2 day air huh. Not that I have time to go out shooting this weekend but I hate waiting for new stuff and now I have to wait 4 more days. :crying: That's one thing I really like about Amazon is you get your stuff within 2 days and sometimes the next day. Maybe they'll start selling firearms? lol :)

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Ugg...I hate UPS! So I order my new gun online the other day and it was shipped 2 day air on Wednesday and was supposed to be here today. This morning I get an email that now says Monday and wouldn't you know my ffl is closed on Mondays! I called UPS this morning and of course they have no idea why it's still sitting in VA (was bought in GA) and basically said you're SOL it's coming Monday,so much for 2 day air huh. Not that I have time to go out shooting this weekend but I hate waiting for new stuff and now I have to wait 4 more days. :crying: That's one thing I really like about Amazon is you get your stuff within 2 days and sometimes the next day. Maybe they'll start selling firearms? lol :)
Virginia...LOL...gov blackface has it:wink:

I'm hating Amazon's new fleet van delivery...when it first started in our neighborhood a few months ago, 50% of my order got lost in transit! The other 50% they lied and they always show up a day later than advertised:facepalm:

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Oldie but goodie...Russian's no BS response to Somalis....

Last edited:

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Can't find anything on Youtube? Matsimus has you covered...

Last edited:
OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Virginia...LOL...gov blackface has it:wink:

I'm hating Amazon's new fleet van delivery...when it first started in our neighborhood a few months ago, 50% of my order got lost in transit! The other 50% they lied and they always show up a day later than advertised:facepalm:
Lmao...He's probably out shooting my 1911 right now!:angry:

Amazon is great here but I live in the heart of Amazon country lol There's a huge new warehouse about 2 miles from me and if my stuff isn't there it's usually in Las Vegas or Texas and I get most stuff really quick. My stuff is always late with UPS. I'm sure you can relate that when you order something (especially a new 1911) I want it ASAP even if I'm not going to use it right away I want to at least drool all over it.

th.jpeg

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Lmao...He's probably out shooting my 1911 right now!:angry:

Amazon is great here but I live in the heart of Amazon country lol There's a huge new warehouse about 2 miles from me and if my stuff isn't there it's usually in Las Vegas or Texas and I get most stuff really quick. My stuff is always late with UPS. I'm sure you can relate that when you order something (especially a new 1911) I want it ASAP even if I'm not going to use it right away I want to at least drool all over it.

th.jpeg
Amazon has a hub like 10 miles from me too...growing pains I guess...

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

JeffM

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I was on the Iowa recommissioning team in the early 80's. Working for McDonnell Douglas installing the Tomahawk Cruise Missile and Harpoon missiles.

Rene Michaels

First Name
SOLD IT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew 4X2 5' Box Lariat
What's your carry ammo? I use Federal Premium LE 124 grain HST JHP, it's nickel plated brass casing. I like this and the Speer LE ammo but have been using the HST for several years now. YouTube has some great videos with the ballistics gel and what both of these rounds do as far as penetration and expansion. I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of either! Target Sports USA has both of these on sale at 50% off every month. The Federals are the first Wednesday and the Speer are the last Wednesday of each month and the sale starts at 2:00 pm EST. The price will show up discounted once you add it to your cart. The HST is $18.40/box 50 which is a great price and I try and get a box every month or so.

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/fed...-hst-jacketed-hollow-point-p9hst1-p-3546.aspx

IMG_1876.jpg

Dave,

This just came out, I think you'll find it interesting. These guys always do an awesome job with this data as well as their blog posts.

"First Look: New Gel Test Results & Ammo Specials"

https://www.luckygunner.com/labs/po...il&utm_term=0_80d206af41-b4b98fbaf6-294010585

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Does anyone have any info or possibly own a Rock Island Armory 1911? I've seen these around for years and never gave them much thought until recently. Almost every review from YouTube to gun store reviews are extremely positive on these and you just can't beat the price point for a 1911. They have a lifetime warranty and if you watch Hickok45's video below he speaks pretty highly of them and who doesn't love Hickok45. lol

Doing a quick search on gun.deals you can find them anywhere from the low $400's to the low $800's with the average going for $500-$600. Here's a link to Buds Gun Shop which lists quite a few different ones in .45/9mm/.40/.22 but you can find them cheaper on gun.deals. Thoughts?