Go Rhino - now shipping "Raptor style" RB20 Running Boards

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Hey guys. Have been looking over the past few pages and other related posts but have been unable to tell for sure if the RB20's cover the pinch welds. Or are they still fairly exposed? I've been also looking at the Go Rhino DSS, and like the styling, but would prefer something that covered up the pinch weld area.
Sponsored

LoneRNGR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Does this help?
IMG_1324 (Small).jpg

IMG_1325 (Small).jpg

IMG_1326 (Small).jpg

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys. Have been looking over the past few pages and other related posts but have been unable to tell for sure if the RB20's cover the pinch welds. Or are they still fairly exposed? I've been also looking at the Go Rhino DSS, and like the styling, but would prefer something that covered up the pinch weld area.
If you get just the right angle they are visible, but you normally don't see them.

coach joint.jpg
coach joint 1.jpg
coach joint.jpg

Turborave

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, im putting mine on.. logo to the back or the front.. design wise, id want it to start off tapered and get wider. but all the pics i see its wider at the front and tapers to the back! what is it? i know in the stage3 video people say they put them on "backwards"

LoneRNGR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Systems Engineer
There is no right answer to this question. Put it on one way, if you don't like it, swap it. I don't even think that the printed instruction sheet specifies a direction. I have the badging at the front because I prefer the wide part by the back door where my daughter and mother-in-law use it most.

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, im putting mine on.. logo to the back or the front.. design wise, id want it to start off tapered and get wider. but all the pics i see its wider at the front and tapers to the back! what is it? i know in the stage3 video people say they put them on "backwards"
Mine are tapered to the back, with label (which I removed) to the back. However they fit either way and it is really just a matter of what looks or works best for you.

ranger 1 year (2).jpg

Turborave

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
Vehicle Showcase
how far should they stick out from the sides? if i go in any further, the bottom bracket would start to poke out past the running board.

0725201019_HDR.jpg

LoneRNGR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Systems Engineer
The bracket next to the logo was almost flush to the outside. The other two brackets are tucked out of sight. This is with the logo to the front.

IMG_1567.JPG

Turborave

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I Hate Running Boards, But… Go Rhino RB20

My last two vehicles had factory running boards. I hated them for all the familiar reasons; they ruin ground clearance, make my jeans dirty and occasionally bruise my shin.

After a trip to the grocery store with my mother-in-law, taking extra time to get my 4 year-old loaded and to stop the incessant whining from my wife (she’s not going to read this post) I finally ordered a set of running boards this week.

I bought the Go Rhino RB20 from stage3motorsports.com on Wednesday afternoon for just 55 cents shy of $400. They arrived on Friday at 10:20 am and an hour later they were on my Ranger, which is quick when you consider that my daughter was helping me to install them!

“Yes. I like it!” – Daughter

“Thumbs UP” – Mother-in-Law (does not speak English)

“Finally, your truck looks like a truck.” – Wife *sarcasm*

Family harmony has been restored.
not really

Notes:

After mounting one side with the Go Rhino badge at the rear, I switched it, so the badge was at the front. This is because the board tapers and I wanted the wider side to be at the back, which is where the board width is needed most. I cannot tell you which way looks better.

Might be a little higher than Ford OEM boards. There is a lip to hide any gap.

They are cheaper than Ford OEM boards; $399.45 vs $676.28 (with Texas sales tax).

Where the board bends, there is a cut and a weld, then a mount goes on it or right next to it. Short-term this is not an issue, but over many years, this might be a place that can oxidize and fail.

I watched a video of the RB10 being mounted. The mounts were C-shaped. The mounts that I received were not. I like my mounts better.

IMG_1190 (Small).jpg

IMG_1191 (Small).jpg

IMG_1192 (Small).jpg

IMG_1207 (Small).jpg

IMG_1210 (Small).png
how are yours so tucked?

if i pushed mine back in any further, the bracket would poke out past the bottom of the step. i have mine logo to the rear if it matters.

0725201019_HDR.jpg

LoneRNGR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Finger tighten the board to the three brackets. Adjust the position of the board. I made sure mine were parallel with the pinch weld on the truck. I made that front one flush and tightened it, then adjusted the other two. Finally I went back and torqued it down a bit more. After driving it for a few days, you might come back and tighten it down again.

LoneRNGR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Systems Engineer
61307009651__92FA61CE-0916-4DBB-85D2-280A88238354.JPG

I think you can see the bracket in this picture. It is flush, so I wouldn't say that it sticks out, but you can see it, whereas the other two are completely hidden.

Mshelton1995

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
How did you guys get yours mounted so flush? I feel like I have more of a gap between the truck and the running boards. The rear brackets I can't really push up because they seem to bend to mount flush to the truck already. Thanks!
Sponsored