First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I think GM hit a home run partnering with LG on their EV batteries. I'm extremely happy with my LG solar panels and even after 6 years baking in the sun here I haven't seen any degrading in production yet.

https://www.breitbart.com/news/gm-exec-company-to-announce-more-battery-plants-this-week/

GM and joint venture partner LG Energy Solution already have announced battery cell factories in Lordstown, Ohio, near Cleveland, and Spring Hill, Tennessee. The company is investing $2.3 billion to build each of the facilities. Lordstown is expected to open next year and employ 1,100 workers, while Spring Hill is to open in 2023 and employ 1,300. It’s likely the new battery plants would employ similar numbers of people, but Cain wouldn’t comment on numbers.

The two plants under construction would send cells to five factories where GM plans to build electric vehicles. But the two factories can’t make enough to feed all of the plants if sales rise.

The EV assembly plants are in Detroit-Hamtramck, Michigan; Orion Township, Michigan; Spring Hill, Tennessee; Ingersoll, Ontario; and Ramos Arizpe, Mexico. It’s likely that the new battery plants would be close to at least some of the assembly factories.
Sponsored