James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Contractor
Vehicle Showcase
Hey everybody, I’m here asking for some advice. I want my truck the look like the wide body ranger raptors they have in the rest of the world since it isn’t coming to the US and I wanted to reach out to you guys for suggestions. I stumbled across two companies that kinda make your truck look like the RR but different issues with both.

One is a fiberglass company that makes easy to install bedsides and side panels for the US ranger. They look really cool actually but I don’t want to have fiberglass on my truck in case of a wreck or off-roading accident.
https://www.advfiberglass.com/products/2019-2021-ford-ranger-raptor-fenders

The other company goes about making your truck look like a RR a different way. They order OEM parts from outside the US and install them on your truck. Though it is steel and safer from a wreck, I’m not 100% sold because I would most likely have to give up other mods I had in mind for my truck in the future since it would change it so much. They change out your taillights to the EU one and also change out the tailgate for the EU one. But in both cases I prefer the looks of the US rangers taillights and tailgate.
https://paxpower.com/ranger/

I want something as simplistic as the fiberglass mod where I can keep my bumper portion that goes under the grill and keep my stock taillights and tailgate but have it made out of steel instead. I was thinking of buying fiberglass ones and taking it to a metal fab shop and have them make me steel ones to go on my truck with the same fit.

If I do come across a solution it won’t happen for some time since I have several mods I need to do before I do this but I want to get it ironed out beforehand. Of course I’ll post pictures and discuss issues on the conversion.

Of course I haven’t called either one of these companies and questioned them yet since it’s 1 in the morning and this is a spur of the moment idea. I plan on calling them Monday to discuss options and see if I can find a more clear path. I just wanted to make this forum post to get your opinions on the subject so please don’t be afraid to speak up!
Sponsored

Gecko157

First Name
AA-Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat
IMO the ranger raptor mods are played out, everyone is doing it, everyone. I would look at alternatives and make it your own, check RTR for example, why mod it to look like half the other rangers, Tacomas, and whatever else that’s trying to copy the raptor.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I think the raptor grill with the lights behind it an some nice wheels an bigger tires is a nice clean look. I'm kinda into the sometimes less is more approach. I have the chrome package with chrome grill trim, wheels an bumpers so I'm gonna just put the lights behind my stock grill an put a light bar in the opening under the bumper an eventually larger tires on the stock wheels an some chrome step bars.. That's the beauty of it you can make it what ever you want it to be.

OP
OP
ChaoticUdders

ChaoticUdders

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Contractor
Vehicle Showcase
IMO the ranger raptor mods are played out, everyone is doing it, everyone. I would look at alternatives and make it your own, check RTR for example, why mod it to look like half the other rangers, Tacomas, and whatever else that’s trying to copy the raptor.
From what I seen, I could be wrong of course, not many people are doing the body style of the RR. If more people did I wouldn’t be making this post because their would already be an answer to it. Also even if literally every ranger owner decide to make theirs a raptor I would probably still do it. I’m not in it to make mine 100% unique, I’m in it to make my truck the coolest I can in my eyes. Other people doing the mods makes my job easier because the research would have already been done. But I will say I do plan on getting the RTR grill, I’m a big fan of the LEDs on it.

OP
OP
ChaoticUdders

ChaoticUdders

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Contractor
Vehicle Showcase
I think the raptor grill with the lights behind it an some nice wheels an bigger tires is a nice clean look. I'm kinda into the sometimes less is more approach. I have the chrome package with chrome grill trim, wheels an bumpers so I'm gonna just put the lights behind my stock grill an put a light bar in the opening under the bumper an eventually larger tires on the stock wheels an some chrome step bars.. That's the beauty of it you can make it what ever you want it to be.
I do see the appeal of the RR grill but I’m not the biggest fan or it. I’m talking about body styling of the front quarter panels and bedsides to widen the truck

like this:

2E58503C-9CE5-4BC3-9C67-71B7696F206F.jpeg

B3BD27A4-C923-419E-9D25-5D090E3BC9DC.jpeg

Gecko157

First Name
AA-Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat
I do see the appeal of the RR grill but I’m not the biggest fan or it. I’m talking about body styling of the front quarter panels and bedsides to widen the truck

like this:

2E58503C-9CE5-4BC3-9C67-71B7696F206F.jpeg

B3BD27A4-C923-419E-9D25-5D090E3BC9DC.jpeg
I wonder what the Pax Power one fenders go for? They look much cleaner than the fiberglass set.

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer

OP
OP
ChaoticUdders

ChaoticUdders

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Contractor
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder what the Pax Power one fenders go for? They look much cleaner than the fiberglass set.
They aren’t cheap I know that, they order OEM parts from other countries and do the install themselves since it isn’t really easy

Here’s a video kinda talking about the process

OP
OP
ChaoticUdders

ChaoticUdders

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Contractor
Vehicle Showcase
I do like the performance and tuning they did to the Hennessy but they didn’t do any body styling which is what I want. I plan on getting shocks and tires myself anyway so there would be no point In going through them. I also find the power the truck produces right now is plenty.

OP
OP
ChaoticUdders

ChaoticUdders

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Contractor
Vehicle Showcase
APG has a killer kit out. It's not cheap but well worth the price considering what you get.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/apg-ranger-rambler.5730/
Man that does look great but it’s carbon fiber which is probably a reason it’s so much. I’m also confused why you would need to change out your entire suspension for it? The tires I currently have are already about an inch from my fenders currently. I would only need to go about an inch and a half more to be flush

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
I do like the performance and tuning they did to the Hennessy but they didn’t do any body styling which is what I want. I plan on getting shocks and tires myself anyway so there would be no point In going through them. I also find the power the truck produces right now is plenty.
Agree,
Just suggestions for design inspiration. But you have to tune it.
Have to be more than looks.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
looks good sn13....might want to tint the side markers in the front fenders. I think I'm gonna do that this summer.
Sponsored