Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2020 Lariat
Occupation
Parts Person
Hi Benny,

Can you guys ship to Alberta, Canada? I am interested on M-1800-RA, promo code too please. Thanks
Sponsored

MapMaker7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
I’m considering on buying the Ford Performance Tune with k&n filter, but I’m concerned about it impacting engine longevity? Also, wondering if I would get any increase in MPG with a light foot. I have about 2,800 miles on my 21 Ranger and it would be nice if it had bit more pep, but not worth it if it’s going to cause problems down the road or eat away at my engine life.

would love to hear @P. A. Schilke opinion?

Any deals on the tune, Benny?

Thanks for your time.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I’m considering on buying the Ford Performance Tune with k&n filter, but I’m concerned about it impacting engine longevity? Also, wondering if I would get any increase in MPG with a light foot. I have about 2,800 miles on my 21 Ranger and it would be nice if it had bit more pep, but not worth it if it’s going to cause problems down the road or eat away at my engine life.

Thanks for your time.
Hi MM7,

I doubt the tune will do much in the way of engine degradation. Sort of a oxymoron to have a light touch on the accelerator pedal and want more pep... You will have to keep up with the K&N filter as it is not nearly as effective as a OEM filter for engine wear. I do not like K&N filters...JMO.

Best,
Phil

MapMaker7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Hi MM7,

I doubt the tune will do much in the way of engine degradation. Sort of a oxymoron to have a light touch on the accelerator pedal and want more pep... You will have to keep up with the K&N filter as it is not nearly as effective as a OEM filter for engine wear. I do not like K&N filters...JMO.

Best,
Phil
Much appreciated, Phil! Good point on the K&N filter. I’ll likely keep the stock filter and just add the tune. Probably won’t have a noticeable impact performance.
Thanks for your time.

OP
OP
LevittownFordParts.com

LevittownFordParts.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
LevittownFordParts.com
Vehicle(s)
All Ford's
@LevittownFordParts.com Order # 700019528 was placed on 9/5/21 and I still don't have all of the parts that I'm supposed to have, along with having to accept a damaged light because somebody changed their mind about a full exchange (without telling me). I don't expect anything to be done at this point, but wanted to warn others against ordering the Ford Performance ditch lights, as the kits are all missing pieces. I don't think it's a problem with Levittown, but since I ordered it from them I'm not sure what else to do. But hey, I got a free license plate cover for my troubles that I don't care about and may never install.
Hi,
As I am sure you already know Ford Performance is working with the vendor to source the missing hardware and we are waiting on FP to send us these missing parts. This issue is not isolated to your kit only but perhaps hundreds or thousands of them.

I am not sure I understand the damage issue though? If the light was received damaged we will exchange it. Please provide some additional information so I can understand what happened.

Thank you,
- Benny

OP
OP
LevittownFordParts.com

LevittownFordParts.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
LevittownFordParts.com
Vehicle(s)
All Ford's

Thanks for your time.
Hi,

PM Sent

Thanks,
- Benny

HarryManback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Hi,
As I am sure you already know Ford Performance is working with the vendor to source the missing hardware and we are waiting on FP to send us these missing parts. This issue is not isolated to your kit only but perhaps hundreds or thousands of them.

I am not sure I understand the damage issue though? If the light was received damaged we will exchange it. Please provide some additional information so I can understand what happened.

Thank you,
- Benny
I have the email where I was told I was getting a replacement and that Fedex would be picking up the damaged set. Then I just got the missing brackets, with no explanation as to why things changed.

We will order a replacement for you at this time and advise on further action once we receive your response. Thanks, Mike D.
in a follow up email
At this point we would like to get the entire kit back and send you a brand new kit.
Can you please package as received so we can get this part back at no cost to you.
There are 2 options-
(1) We can send you a pre-paid return label via e-mail and you can drop it off at a Fedex drop off point.
(2) We can also issue a Fedex call tag and have them pick it up from where it was delivered if you prefer this. There is no label required for a call tag. Please remove any existing shipping labels from the packaging and always get a receipt with the tracking. Please do not tape over or cover up any part numbers on the packaging.
********Please respond via e-mail which way you prefer. Thanks, Mike D.
And then when I mentioned I only got the bracket, I was dumped off to Ford Performance again because I was still missing pieces.

I'll let you all be the judge, but that doesn't look like a brand new light. It looks like there is paint/powdercoat chipped off around the screw hole and like somebody tried to use an oversized screw in there. The reason I gave up is because those holes aren't actually used for mounting the light, and I was tired of trying to get a response.

Edit: typos

20210920_113131 (1).jpg

OP
OP
LevittownFordParts.com

LevittownFordParts.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
LevittownFordParts.com
Vehicle(s)
All Ford's
I have the email where I was told I was getting a replacement and that Fedex would be picking up the damaged set. Then I just got the missing brackets, with no explanation as to why things changed.

in a follow up email

And then when I mentioned I only got the bracket, I was dumped off to Ford Performance again because I was still missing pieces.

I'll let you all be the judge, but that doesn't look like a brand new light. It looks like there is paint/powdercoat chipped off around the screw hole and like somebody tried to use an oversized screw in there. The reason I gave up is because those holes aren't actually used for mounting the light, and I was tired of trying to get a response.

Edit: typos

20210920_113131 (1).jpg

Thanks for the info,

Honestly its hard to tell if the manufacturer used a thread chaser after the painting process or if they were mounted but as you mentioned if these points are not used for mounting then why would someone try to thread into them.

In any case let me get a photo of an in stock set to see what they look like. If they show no indications of of use or tapping we will swap them out for you.

Just to confirm you do have 100% of the required hardware at this time?

-Benny

HarryManback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Thanks for the info,

Honestly its hard to tell if the manufacturer used a thread chaser after the painting process or if they were mounted but as you mentioned if these points are not used for mounting then why would someone try to thread into them.

In any case let me get a photo of an in stock set to see what they look like. If they show no indications of of use or tapping we will swap them out for you.
My guess as to why they could be damaged is that when the person who got them didn't find the right hardware, they tried to rig something up. The box showed signs of having been opened and resealed.

Ultimately since it isn't something that should rust I'm not particularly worried about it anymore, I just want to install them.

Just to confirm you do have 100% of the required hardware at this time?

-Benny
No, I am still waiting on the nuts and bolts to attach the light bracket to the hood bracket. The installation manual calls them u-nuts, the FP guy called them j-nuts. I may or may not have bolts that will fit, so I also asked that the proper bolts be sent, but I suspect that request might have been ignored. The last update I have is from a week ago, but he didn't seem confident about when they might be sent out. I'll follow up with him again tomorrow, but I'm really tired of having to chase people about this.

OP
OP
LevittownFordParts.com

LevittownFordParts.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
LevittownFordParts.com
Vehicle(s)
All Ford's
My guess as to why they could be damaged is that when the person who got them didn't find the right hardware, they tried to rig something up. The box showed signs of having been opened and resealed.

Ultimately since it isn't something that should rust I'm not particularly worried about it anymore, I just want to install them.

No, I am still waiting on the nuts and bolts to attach the light bracket to the hood bracket. The installation manual calls them u-nuts, the FP guy called them j-nuts. I may or may not have bolts that will fit, so I also asked that the proper bolts be sent, but I suspect that request might have been ignored. The last update I have is from a week ago, but he didn't seem confident about when they might be sent out. I'll follow up with him again tomorrow, but I'm really tired of having to chase people about this.

We do not have any sets in stock so I am waiting to hear on availability from our distributor, If they have a set we can have it in a day or two.

So in addition to the originally missing brackets which you now have your missing the following bag circled below correct?

1634685803355.png

Please let me know if you would like to have the lamps swapped out. Your last response indicates no.

Thank you,
- Benny

HarryManback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
We do not have any sets in stock so I am waiting to hear on availability from our distributor, If they have a set we can have it in a day or two.

So in addition to the originally missing brackets which you now have your missing the following bag circled below correct?

1634685803355.png

Please let me know if you would like to have the lamps swapped out. Your last response indicates no.

Thank you,
- Benny

Yes, that looks to be the bag I'm missing. As far as swapping them out, I'd like to see a picture of another new unit before making that judgement. If it's obvious that something is different with mine, then I would like to swap them out. I appreciate your responsiveness.

OP
OP
LevittownFordParts.com

LevittownFordParts.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
LevittownFordParts.com
Vehicle(s)
All Ford's
Yes, that looks to be the bag I'm missing. As far as swapping them out, I'd like to see a picture of another new unit before making that judgement. If it's obvious that something is different with mine, then I would like to swap them out. I appreciate your responsiveness.

Gotcha. Good news is our distributor does have a kit in stock. They are performing a component check due to the history of these before sending it to us. Once in our hands I can get a photo of the lamp housings for you.

No problem!

- Benny

HarryManback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
So I just got another package from Ford Performance today. They sent the wrong hardware. I received a second set of light brackets, I still don't have any of the j-clips. I'm so mad right now, because this means I get to wait again. Is anybody going to figure out what the hell is going on?

Edit: the light brackets contain a bolt and nut, but the instructions specifically say to throw it away. Deciding to see if it would work, I went out to the truck. The bolt is significantly too long and there is absolutely no chance that it will work. I need that bag you circled, but nobody seems to know how to find one. I already modified the wiring harness, so I feel like I'm screwed here. I'm about to call my credit card company to see what they can do for me, because this is ridiculous.

Last edited:

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
A great service Levittown offers. I bought all of my Ford Accessories directly from Ford and had them delivered to the dealer I bought Lariat from. Dealer wasn't happy. In a drawn out process that lasted over two months, the dealer, truck accessory shop and a Ford Speed Shop/Tuner finally made everything right.

Here's what I bought:

1. Illuminated Grille Ford Emblem -Amazon.
2. Ford Performance Pack - Ford.
3. LED bed lighting kit - Ford.
4. Wheel Well lighting kit - Ford.
5. Deluxe all weather floor mats - Ford.
6. Front/rear facing cameras - Ford.
7. Splash Guards - Ford.
8. Security Wheel Lug set - Ford.
9. AutoStop Eliminator - Vendor.
10. Liftgate gas strut - Ford.
11. Chrome Exhaust Tip - Ford.

Ranger clearly needs better shocks to control the excessive body movements - next on my list.

AE002523x800_360x.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: