First Name
Felippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Railway worker
Hey everyone. After reading and learning heaps over here ive started deleting all the Chrome on my 2019 Ranger XLT. The last step is the rear bumper, i am though a bit afraid of painting over the sensors, could anyone tell me if thats ok? Cheers
Heres a few pics of my rig;

A82998E6-1D78-4711-83B3-1865BBA57896.jpeg

07115410-335D-4374-994D-58C6DB509A83.jpeg

C8254A6E-1B83-47FE-8BE2-33894AE52CB1.jpeg
Sponsored

Rick - Saber

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Ranger 4x4
Greets from the other side of the planet. I would think painting over the sensors would be a bad thing. No experience on that though. Your painted Ford badge turned out real nice.

Lone

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Hot Pepper
After-market sensors can take a light coat of color-match paint. I'd hazard a guess that the factory sensors would not survive the paint necessary to coat the bumper.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
"G'day mate", did I say that right? :)

Welcome to the forum Felippe. The Ranger looks great. As suggested, I wouldn't chance painting the sensors.

Last edited:

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2020 Escape AWD Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
Welcome Fillipe, Brisbane is a beautiful spot. When my wife and I visited to see her son in Pottsville. We also rode the train overnight to Cairns. Great trip by the way.

Last edited:

OP
OP
FelippeG

FelippeG

First Name
Felippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Railway worker
Greets from the other side of the planet. I would think painting over the sensors would be a bad thing. No experience on that though. Your painted Ford badge turned out real nice.
Thanks for the info mate, appreciate it. I got really keen on doing the badges after reading a few threads over this forum. Didnt think twice, just went for it. Im glad it worked out.

OP
OP
FelippeG

FelippeG

First Name
Felippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Railway worker
After-market sensors can take a light coat of color-match paint. I'd hazard a guess that the factory sensors would not survive the paint necessary to coat the bumper.
Cheers mate. Will think of another option.

OP
OP
FelippeG

FelippeG

First Name
Felippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Railway worker
"G'day mate", did I say that right? :)

Welcome to the forum Felippe. The Ranger looks great. As suggested, I wouldn't chance painting the sensors.
Perfect Ozzie language there mate ?.
Thanks for the info on the sensors. I will see if i can fin a new bumper or maybe even just buy the sensors separately from my ford dealership. Cheers

OP
OP
FelippeG

FelippeG

First Name
Felippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Railway worker
Welcome Fillipe, Brisbane is a beautiful spot. When my wife and visited to see her son in Pottsville. We also rode the train overnight to Cairns. Great trip by the way.
Very nice mate, im glad you guys had a good time over here. That train trip to Cairns must’ve been epic. Its definitely on my to do list. Cheers

Justin87

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
collision tech
Your truck is looking good. As far as the sensors go, you should be fine painting them as long as you sand all the paint and material off of them. Start fresh and just don't kill the paint putting it on, light coats. Backup sensors from ford and gm are meant to be painted, when you buy them brand new, them come in primer ready to paint. Alot of other manufacturers sell their sensors pre painted to the color of the vehicle, to ensure the exact thickness of paint is applied.

OP
OP
FelippeG

FelippeG

First Name
Felippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Railway worker
Your truck is looking good. As far as the sensors go, you should be fine painting them as long as you sand all the paint and material off of them. Start fresh and just don't kill the paint putting it on, light coats. Backup sensors from ford and gm are meant to be painted, when you buy them brand new, them come in primer ready to paint. Alot of other manufacturers sell their sensors pre painted to the color of the vehicle, to ensure the exact thickness of paint is applied.
Thats good to know mate. Ive just been reading mixed opinions on the matter. Some say dont touch them others say its ok to paint as long as you don’t cake them in too much paint. Maybe ill take the bumper off and pull all the sensors off and do them separately that way i can dose the correct amount on paint on the sensors.
Is there a manual around here somewhere with instructions on how to remove the rear bumper? Cheers

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Bud , From down South Melbourne... (open your borders) haha..
your going to enjoy this forum great bunch of guys , very helpful and expensive lol..
Enjoy your truck..

Cheers..
Do you have a Falcon!?!?!?!

OP
OP
FelippeG

FelippeG

First Name
Felippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Railway worker
Hello there! I spent a week in Oz a couple of years back and absolutely loved your country! I fell in love with 4 door Rangers about a decade before that. My Ranger is Aussie inspired!
2020-09-17 08.07.05.jpg

2020-09-06 22.39.09.jpg
Good looking rig you got there mate. If it wasnt for the rego plates id say its an Aussie Ranger cruising through the bush somewhere in Australia ???
Sponsored