FX4 trail control and management retrofit?

SloDriver

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 sport
Occupation
Electrician
I purchased my Ranger XLT 4x4 sport with a rear locking diff about a year ago. I really did want the fx4 package but the local dealership was offering a huge discount on the one I bought and I really wanted it in silver. Does anyone have any input on whether the dealership can somehow install the trail management and/or trial on control options after purchase? Is it just a software update or is it more intensive than that?
Sponsored

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
I doubt the dealer will do any of that. There is a thread about adding the TM button and enabling it. Seems pretty straight forward. I don't think anyone has managed to get the trail control working

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I doubt the dealer will do any of that. There is a thread about adding the TM button and enabling it. Seems pretty straight forward. I don't think anyone has managed to get the trail control working
Trail management and trail control are 2 differnt things. Terrain management is atrial forward and easy. For trail control I dont belive it has been figured out quite yet. Check the fourm on that one.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
It hasn’t been figured out yet, we’re still fumbling in the dark with trail control.

get forscan and a obd2 module and join us on the terrain management thread.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
From what I saw a few days ago seems a whole bunch of new settings are in Forscan now for our trucks. Now come the fiddling to see if we can make it work!

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
It's going to be something in the ABS, SCCM, C-CM, and IPC (together in the right combination) to get it to work. All it takes is time.
Sponsored