Front wheel well liner

1st Ford

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Has anyone installed WeatherTech mudflaps on their Ranger with the wheel trims? The well liner wraps underneath the trim, so it can’t just be pulled away as shown in the instructions. I took out all the plastic retainers from the trim, but it doesn’t come loose. I really don’t feel like trashing the wheel trim for a $20 mud flap. I even asked the service folks at the dealer, but they weren’t any help.
Sponsored

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Has anyone installed WeatherTech mudflaps on their Ranger with the wheel trims? The well liner wraps underneath the trim, so it can’t just be pulled away as shown in the instructions. I took out all the plastic retainers from the trim, but it doesn’t come loose. I really don’t feel like trashing the wheel trim for a $20 mud flap. I even asked the service folks at the dealer, but they weren’t any help.
I didn't have any issues when I installed mine?

As I recall you pull the liner forward but do so over toward the side near the engine, not the side near the wheel well trim, then reach in and install the clips. The well liner near the outer edge isn't disturbed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
1st Ford

1st Ford

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I didn't have any issues when I installed mine?

As I recall you pull the liner forward but do so over toward the side near the engine, not the side near the wheel well trim, then reach in and install the clips. The well liner near the outer edge isn't disturbed.
Thanks. I give it a shot like that.

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Yeah, the liner isn't as flexible as the instructions make it out to be.I lied on my back and reached in behind the liner and put the clips in. Really no need to take off the top center plastic screw.

wickedZ1

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Past 2 days are my weekend, spent some time on truck.. Disaster.. My brother helped with front passenger side and pulled trim successfully then bailed on me.. I tried the same on front driver and broke the damn trim. With the mudflap on its not really noticeable, but I know. Has anyone done the same? If so did you correct it or use an aftermarket part?
I also jacked up the rear tailgate emblem. While drilling I broke the o out. Got it all painted and went alittle overboard on the glue and it foamed out. It maybe salvageable. Frustrated and pissed. On the up side I got my lawn tractor blades replaced without a hitch and yard cut before getting pounded with more rain.

LightingBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fx4 off-road Larit Supercab (2019)
Weathertech makes the "no drill" mud flaps which we installed. Took the two of us about 2 hours in total to install, and they really do give you everything you need! Plus no drilling.

new flaps.jpg
Sponsored