Front Parking Sensor Retrofit?

BabyMerciless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
I am planning on getting an aftermarket front bumper in the near future and saw there was an option to have cutouts for the front parking sensors. While my XLT is not equipped from the factory with it I was playing around in ForScan and saw that the option for front parking aide sensors can be enabled as well as seeing that the harness that runs the front parking sensors is available for around $50.

I checked the service diagrams for the wiring and it seems like every Ranger with any parking aides comes with the same BCM and could easily be added as long as you have the rear sensors. Just wondering if anyone looked into this yet cause it might be a cheap(er) upgrade than the technology package?
Sponsored

Rockracing

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xlt p3 ranger
Hi there just seen this post!
am wondering did this work?

Psycho78

First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Ditto on "did it work". I've been looking into adding them as well.

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
Yes it works and is easily doable. Just need to buy the sensors and the correct wiring harness to power the sensors, then activate the front or rear sensors in forcscan. At that point everything works like a champ

rellik75

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Yes it works and is easily doable. Just need to buy the sensors and the correct wiring harness to power the sensors, then activate the front or rear sensors in forcscan. At that point everything works like a champ
I just got a new F150 and would like to do this. Can you please share the required part numbers and the necessary changes that must be made in forscan?

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
Watching......

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
That's quite interesting. The sensor I use now has to get out of the truck, stand where I can see her, and flag me into the parking spot. :)

Last edited:

CHrisin

First Name
Krzysztof
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor
I am planning on getting an aftermarket front bumper in the near future and saw there was an option to have cutouts for the front parking sensors. While my XLT is not equipped from the factory with it I was playing around in ForScan and saw that the option for front parking aide sensors can be enabled as well as seeing that the harness that runs the front parking sensors is available for around $50.

I checked the service diagrams for the wiring and it seems like every Ranger with any parking aides comes with the same BCM and could easily be added as long as you have the rear sensors. Just wondering if anyone looked into this yet cause it might be a cheap(er) upgrade than the technology package?
Did you manage to add sensors?

GitRDone

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT
Occupation
Real estate management
My XLT does not have them either, but it seems a useful mod. Is the OEM front bumper predrilled for the camera mounts, or would I need to drill holes?
Sponsored