jeb134

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. I don’t want to take the facia off. Just waiting for Jeb134 to find out how he got the one with the ACC cutout.
I got it directly from them as it’s the prototype that will be available soon. You do not remove anything other than the 5 plastic snap rivets (they send you three extras if you break any removing them).
Sponsored

Firestud5

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX2.
Occupation
Fire Captain (Retired)
Vehicle Showcase
I got it directly from them as it’s the prototype that will be available soon. You do not remove anything other than the 5 plastic snap rivets (they send you three extras if you break any removing them).
I appreciate the info. I will contact them and check when they will be available.

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger fx2 and a 2019 Subaru Outback
Occupation
medical
Decided on the Putco one -originally supposed to be a 2-5 day ship time but I haven't heard anything since the order receipt and charging my card 8 days ago Im still waiting for it, I called today and they said the grills are custom made in Iowa and sent out of house in batches to powder coat- should ship today or tomorrow. A little longer than Id like but understandable--- but they could do a better job of letting me know about the delay and don't charge the card until it ships! hoping its worth the wait.

Firestud5

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX2.
Occupation
Fire Captain (Retired)
Vehicle Showcase
Decided on the Putco one -originally supposed to be a 2-5 day ship time but I haven't heard anything since the order receipt and charging my card 8 days ago Im still waiting for it, I called today and they said the grills are custom made in Iowa and sent out of house in batches to powder coat- should ship today or tomorrow. A little longer than Id like but understandable--- but they could do a better job of letting me know about the delay and don't charge the card until it ships! hoping its worth the wait.
I just put mine on. Came out really good but you have to take your time. Got mine from Realtruck and only took 2 days.

OP
OP

agbearkat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
So I ended up trying the mountain2metal one withOUT the ACC cutout. I’ve been testing it with my ACC and Surprisingly I haven’t had any issues at all. It still picks up cars and adjusts speed etc. I haven’t driven on a long road trip with it yet but so far no issues.

the install was amazingly easy, 10 minutes or less

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
medical
I just put mine on. Came out really good but you have to take your time. Got mine from Realtruck and only took 2 days.
hey quick stupid question because the install instructions suck.....
is the "Putc" logo in the lower corner visible? is that the side that goes to the front? I finally got mine and of course there are a couple sloppy spots on the powder coat on the logo side. Im hoping that side goes inward but somehow I doubt it. debating touching it up or not....... What part of the bumper are we removing? the grey plastic only it looks like???? not going to have time to mess with it today.

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
medical
The Moutain Metal Grille insert looks good....Did you ever install it...If so please post a pic...I'am not a big fan of Putco Products.....They seem cheap! Thanks for the Post
Went with the Putco one -- so far not impressed, took 6 days to ship and when I got it I found small bare spots in the middle of course on the front side.... we'll see how they handle that. yes I know I could touch it up probably but why should I? its new right out of the box. Im considering just returning it. for those that have one: Is the MTM one decent? I don't have ACC (wish I did......)

OP
OP

agbearkat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Went with the Putco one -- so far not impressed, took 6 days to ship and when I got it I found small bare spots in the middle of course on the front side.... we'll see how they handle that. yes I know I could touch it up probably but why should I? its new right out of the box. Im considering just returning it. for those that have one: Is the MTM one decent? I don't have ACC (wish I did......)
The MTM one is great - no apparent defects or chips in the metal. Its very thin but thats what it is, a metal grille insert. Honestly I was really impressed with the overall experience (especially as a noob who has never done anything to their vehicle, other than letters). Shipping took about the same, 4-6 days.
Edit: Trying to get a good pic, has to be at the right time of day since last i tried shadows will cast over the lower grille, hiding it. If you go to their instagram you can see some good pictures.

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
medical
still waiting for replacement Putco one - missing paint on a couple places they said sending new for exchange but that was a week ago so if you order it -- be aware customer service is pretty lacking,

Chuck Lau

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger...2005 Mustang Steeda
Occupation
Retired
still waiting for replacement Putco one - missing paint on a couple places they said sending new for exchange but that was a week ago so if you order it -- be aware customer service is pretty lacking,
Putco Products LACK Quality As Well.....That is well known Industry wide.

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
medical
Putco Products LACK Quality As Well.....That is well known Industry wide.
I wasn't aware of that but from my experience I am now...... I liked the look of it and others have been pretty positive with reviews so I thought Id give it a try. looks good but not going spend time putting something on that's already visibly defective-- on the front side of course...... . I know I could just touch it up with black paint but why should I??? its new. Its memorial weekend so just going to ask for return at this point maybe try the MTM version.

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
medical
I Received the Mountain 2 Metal lower Grille Insert today & fifteen Minutes later Here it is! Fits Like a Glove & snapped right into Place......Remove ALL snap rivets....Then put in the center one first & the rest is history......Absolutely a Quality Item....I Highly Recommend this Product....Just E-Mailed the Company to Thank them as Well.....

0460DB67-227D-46BA-B9C0-CABCCF178ACF.jpeg

04EB6266-0E32-4BA3-BBFF-6A39D72E3888.jpeg
wish I would've ordered that one - still waiting for my Putco one id recommend anyone not to order from them. paint missing from small parts and the warranty exchange its going on 3 weeks the RMA return label they sent by email was an instruction sheet - no responses yet from them. its almost starting to be funny. -- that one looks good!

lawrench

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew FX4 Lightning Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered mine from Stage3MotorSports and it came really quickly (before I was ready to install it), the instructions from PUTCO sucks and it took me longer than I probably needed to get it installed. I am not a fan of "Pull Here". It is installed and I am fairly happy about it, even though I wanted to paint it the Magnetic color, but it would not need it.

pic6.jpg

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
medical
I ordered mine from Stage3MotorSports and it came really quickly (before I was ready to install it), the instructions from PUTCO sucks and it took me longer than I probably needed to get it installed. I am not a fan of "Pull Here". It is installed and I am fairly happy about it, even though I wanted to paint it the Magnetic color, but it would not need it.

pic6.jpg
finally got my replacement and they have improved the instructions a lot --the first one they sent had one page instructions that made zero sense but the second came with a set that is now 3 pages with pictures that match.
I installed mine last week and it looks good. the worst part is pulling that trim off - so afraid of breaking the plastic but it did come off. I used 4 small black screws two on each bottom tab and clips on the bottom - I destroyed the tape trying to get it to line up and don't really trust it anyway..... It does look a lot better than the open hole that ford had.
Sponsored