First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
Has anyone come up with a decent front camera option yet for seeing over those crests?
Better yet one that will work with our Sync screen? I'd lose the backup for a front. But it has to stay on to at least 10 mph, I'd say.
Sponsored

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
OP
OP

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Since it doesn't have the Ranger which one do you think would work for us? No price either. I expect it to be very expensive!
Screenshot_20211127-083849.png
I actually got to that page by plugging in Ranger on a previous page...it was my assumption that camera set WAS for the Ranger.
But assuming is dangerous...

OP
OP

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
I actually got to that page by plugging in Ranger on a previous page...it was my assumption that camera set WAS for the Ranger.
But assuming is dangerous...
I guess the best bet is to call them.

ProtonDecay

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
Giving this a bump.....corresponded with Bill Simmons, Marketing Director of VOXX Electronics (makers of the Rostra line of gear). Sadly, they no longer offer a multi-camera unit for the Ranger (or other Sync 3 vehicles, near as I can tell).

So, any suggestions on next best solution for a front off-roading camera synced into our center display?

I like the alternative discussed here for the rear of our trailer (HQ15) of using a Natika and building a couple of extension cords so that I can switch between truck and trailer and will probably do that.

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
Interesting...did he say why they discontinued it?
Curious since i have one installed ,and didn't know if it's due to them causing long-term issues, etc.

ProtonDecay

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
Interesting...did he say why they discontinued it?
Curious since i have one installed ,and didn't know if it's due to them causing long-term issues, etc.
In his first email Bill recommended their monitor in rearview mirror and associated camera. That isn't what I want, unfortunately.

I replied and kind of queried why they stopped offering and what he would recommend for my needs which were for something integrated into the 8" display. He has not replied.

In other news, I did find a Rostra 250-8455 unit from ADC Mobile. I would post the link, but MalwareBytes is increasingly upset that I want to go there and isn't letting me bypass the filter (and I am loath to turn MB off in cases like this). Still, ADCMobile took my money and just sent me a shipment status link, so things looking positive so far. Will advise upon receipt/installation.

ProtonDecay

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
In his first email Bill recommended their monitor in rearview mirror and associated camera. That isn't what I want, unfortunately.

I replied and kind of queried why they stopped offering and what he would recommend for my needs which were for something integrated into the 8" display. He has not replied.

In other news, I did find a Rostra 250-8455 unit from ADC Mobile. I would post the link, but MalwareBytes is increasingly upset that I want to go there and isn't letting me bypass the filter (and I am loath to turn MB off in cases like this). Still, ADCMobile took my money and just sent me a shipment status link, so things looking positive so far. Will advise upon receipt/installation.
@jblc - Say, would you mind taking a look at what I received and let me know if it at all resembles what you installed? Two pics - first is a screenshot of the ADC Mobile web page saying it supports four cameras; second is a picture of what I received, which only has inputs for two cameras. So, I'm a bit confused. I could get by with just two more cameras (front off-road and rear of trailer), but I'd like to get the side cameras if this unit will support.
ADC Mobile Offering on Web Page.JPG
ADC Mobile Components Received.jpg

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
@jblc - Say, would you mind taking a look at what I received and let me know if it at all resembles what you installed? Two pics - first is a screenshot of the ADC Mobile web page saying it supports four cameras; second is a picture of what I received, which only has inputs for two cameras. So, I'm a bit confused. I could get by with just two more cameras (front off-road and rear of trailer), but I'd like to get the side cameras if this unit will support.
ADC Mobile Offering on Web Page.JPG
ADC Mobile Components Received.jpg
Huh, that's definitely not what I received.
Aside from only 2 inputs (as you said), the control box also looks different.
The one i received actually had 5x inputs: 4x normal, and a cargo cam input (aside from the HDMI input that was also separate).

So, the unit webpage looks right, but what you got doesn't...

ProtonDecay

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
Huh, that's definitely not what I received.
Aside from only 2 inputs (as you said), the control box also looks different.
The one i received actually had 5x inputs: 4x normal, and a cargo cam input (aside from the HDMI input that was also separate).

So, the unit webpage looks right, but what you got doesn't...
Thanks jblc - I am going to call them Monday and discuss.
Sponsored