Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
From my Retiree Newsletter:

If your car has ever broken down, you know what a disruptive experience it can be – calling roadside assistance, waiting for a tow truck, figuring out how you’re going to get home and then worrying about how long it will take your vehicle to be repaired. Ford is piloting a new program designed to ease some of that frustration and demonstrate what it means to treat customers like family.The Ford Active Roadside Assistance pilot uses data to see when customers report a mechanical failure, and their vehicle needs to be towed. That’s when agents from Ford’s North America Customer Contact Center spring into action.“First we reach out to the service manager at the dealership to see how long they expect the repair to take and if they need any technical support or parts,” said Phil Perry, Ford Customer Relations manager.The Contact Center agent also asks if the dealer can deliver the vehicle to the customer when repairs are complete. “The customer has already gone through the inconvenience of having their vehicle towed. If the dealer is able to deliver the vehicle back to them, we’ve got a better experience that we can offer,” explained Perry. “Most importantly we reach out to the customer to apologize. We want to be transparent about how we’re going to make it right.”Since people get a lot of spam calls, Ford is using SMS Text to communicate, so that the customer can feel at ease knowing the message is coming directly from Ford Motor Company.“The customer will get a brief text from us saying that we understand their vehicle has been towed, and on behalf of Ford we’re sorry for that experience and want to do everything we can to help,” said Perry. “Then we’ll ask them if they prefer to continue the conversation via text or a phone call.”After apologizing for the vehicle breakdown, the agent will provide an estimate of how long the repair will take and offer to deliver the vehicle when it’s ready.“We’ll ask if they need alternate transportation while their vehicle is being repaired, and we will help with a loaner, or if they make arrangements independently, we’ll refund them for the expense,” explained Perry.

As a ‘surprise and delight’ at the end of the process, customers will receive something extra: an extended service plan that goes beyond the 3-year/36,000-mile warranty; a $200 debit card or a $100 Ford merchandise gift card. The agent will select the reward based on the unique situation of the customer. Perry said the idea is to be proactive. “It’s all about how we use the data and information we have to treat customers like family and reach out to them proactively instead of waiting for them to contact us,” he said. Early feedback is positive, and the agents say customers are really surprised and pleased that Ford cares enough to reach out and connect with them directly,

The pilot program launched March 1 nationwide (excluding California) and includes customers driving the Mustang Mach-E and new trucks – F-150, Super Duty, Ranger and Maverick – within the 3-year/36,000-mile warranty period.

HMMMM, Wonder why California is excluded?

best,
Phil
Sponsored

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
I feel like the red headed step child here.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Something I have a passion for myself. Be proactive and not reactive. Statistics say a certain percentage of builds is going to be problematic no matter how much quality you build in. Instead of one unhappy customer telling their woes to 100 people and souring potential customers you now have 1000’s of people exclaiming what a positive experience an unfortunate defect had become with the manufacturer.

Got to say, if it works as envisioned might be onto something good here. If mismanaged it’s a disaster waiting to happen.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
No this is Ford attempting to offset some of these shitty dealerships out there not taking care of customers.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
From my Retiree Newsletter:

If your car has ever broken down, you know what a disruptive experience it can be – calling roadside assistance, waiting for a tow truck, figuring out how you’re going to get home and then worrying about how long it will take your vehicle to be repaired. Ford is piloting a new program designed to ease some of that frustration and demonstrate what it means to treat customers like family.The Ford Active Roadside Assistance pilot uses data to see when customers report a mechanical failure, and their vehicle needs to be towed. That’s when agents from Ford’s North America Customer Contact Center spring into action.“First we reach out to the service manager at the dealership to see how long they expect the repair to take and if they need any technical support or parts,” said Phil Perry, Ford Customer Relations manager.The Contact Center agent also asks if the dealer can deliver the vehicle to the customer when repairs are complete. “The customer has already gone through the inconvenience of having their vehicle towed. If the dealer is able to deliver the vehicle back to them, we’ve got a better experience that we can offer,” explained Perry. “Most importantly we reach out to the customer to apologize. We want to be transparent about how we’re going to make it right.”Since people get a lot of spam calls, Ford is using SMS Text to communicate, so that the customer can feel at ease knowing the message is coming directly from Ford Motor Company.“The customer will get a brief text from us saying that we understand their vehicle has been towed, and on behalf of Ford we’re sorry for that experience and want to do everything we can to help,” said Perry. “Then we’ll ask them if they prefer to continue the conversation via text or a phone call.”After apologizing for the vehicle breakdown, the agent will provide an estimate of how long the repair will take and offer to deliver the vehicle when it’s ready.“We’ll ask if they need alternate transportation while their vehicle is being repaired, and we will help with a loaner, or if they make arrangements independently, we’ll refund them for the expense,” explained Perry.

As a ‘surprise and delight’ at the end of the process, customers will receive something extra: an extended service plan that goes beyond the 3-year/36,000-mile warranty; a $200 debit card or a $100 Ford merchandise gift card. The agent will select the reward based on the unique situation of the customer. Perry said the idea is to be proactive. “It’s all about how we use the data and information we have to treat customers like family and reach out to them proactively instead of waiting for them to contact us,” he said. Early feedback is positive, and the agents say customers are really surprised and pleased that Ford cares enough to reach out and connect with them directly,

The pilot program launched March 1 nationwide (excluding California) and includes customers driving the Mustang Mach-E and new trucks – F-150, Super Duty, Ranger and Maverick – within the 3-year/36,000-mile warranty period.

HMMMM, Wonder why California is excluded?

best,
Phil
wow, i would have loved that on my lemon mustang.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I was going to ask why it excludes California, but then I remembered, well it is California. :)

Sounds like a good deal to me. I don't see any other manufacturer stepping up to the plate.

Last edited:

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I was going to ask why it excludes California, but then I remembered, well it is California. :)

Sounds like a good deal to me. I don't see any other manufacturer stepping up to the plate.
When your State is California Ford say’s…

211846F8-F34E-4D85-939B-F8B3DC30277D.jpeg
Sponsored