First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Replying here with an update in case anyone else has as similar issue. The dealer did some sort of reprogramming (not calibrating) of the TBC and also the TRM in the truck which did not solve the issue for me. TRM shows no codes. TBC shows no faults. They re-checked all wiring and connections including those related to other known issues (e.g. corrosion in the 7-pin connectors). They engaged Ford corporate who have decided the TBC itself must be faulty and are covering a return under the part warranty, and I'll update again here if that solves the problem. I asked the dealer what it would take to replace the TRM if the TBC replacement doesn't work, and this is a very labor-intensive job requiring taking apart much of the dash, pulling down the headliner, and more.
Your dealer needs to brush up on the Ranger. The TRM is mounted in the passenger side footwear behind the TCU (Telemetric Control Unit) to the right of the glove box. No tearing apart of the dash or headliner required.
Sponsored

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
Replying here with an update in case anyone else has as similar issue. The dealer did some sort of reprogramming (not calibrating) of the TBC and also the TRM in the truck which did not solve the issue for me. TRM shows no codes. TBC shows no faults. They re-checked all wiring and connections including those related to other known issues (e.g. corrosion in the 7-pin connectors). They engaged Ford corporate who have decided the TBC itself must be faulty and are covering a return under the part warranty, and I'll update again here if that solves the problem. I asked the dealer what it would take to replace the TRM if the TBC replacement doesn't work, and this is a very labor-intensive job requiring taking apart much of the dash, pulling down the headliner, and more.
You should contact Lumen and have them speak with the tech that’s working on your truck. They know the Ranger inside and out. They helped my dealer get it straightened out and have helped several others on this forum also.

Kinad

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
SDE
Has anyone installed this licensed TBC by tappinng into CHMSL under the dash?

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
Has anyone installed this licensed TBC by tappinng into CHMSL under the dash?
Someone, somewhere on the forum did that. Ford won't do it as they have a policy about not cutting and splicing wires.
Sponsored

Reactions: EJH