First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Hmm. What Sync version does it show when looking at the system update page?
Sponsored

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
You likely need to update Sync to 3.4 to get the scheduled start to wotk.

There are a few ways to do this. Go into settings and run the updater tool from there, but it can take quite a while to complete.

Another option is to sign into your ford account and follow the steps to download the update files to a USB and update it that way. https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/how-tos/keep-your-sync-up-to-date.html

This should put you on 3.4.19101 or higher.

Last option is using Cyanlabs by going here https://cyanlabs.net/applications/ford-sync-downloader/ and use that tool to update it to 3.4.

OP
OP
Dan Keil

Dan Keil

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4
Occupation
Walmart Associate
You likely need to update Sync to 3.4 to get the scheduled start to wotk.

There are a few ways to do this. Go into settings and run the updater tool from there, but it can take quite a while to complete.

Another option is to sign into your ford account and follow the steps to download the update files to a USB and update it that way. https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/how-tos/keep-your-sync-up-to-date.html

This should put you on 3.4.19101 or higher.

Last option is using Cyanlabs by going here https://cyanlabs.net/applications/ford-sync-downloader/ and use that tool to update it to 3.4.
Thanks I will see what I can do.
I,ll let you know

MannyS

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
3.4 has not been released for the 2019 ranger yet. I don't have it and I can schedule my truck to turn on. So what exactly is the problem. Is it that you dont see the option to schedule or you can and its not working?

MannyS

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Correction I COULD schedule a start up. It is no longer an option on fordpass.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
3.4 has not been released for the 2019 ranger yet. I don't have it and I can schedule my truck to turn on. So what exactly is the problem. Is it that you dont see the option to schedule or you can and its not working?

Sync 3.4 looks to be available for the 2019's via official channels, and you can always side load it as well.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/just-updated-to-sync-3-4-on-my-ranger-2019.5988/

As for the Scheduled Start, I just checked it on mine and I have the option in the app and it is working perfectly. I am on Sync 3.4.20136 installed via the Cyanlabs tool.

OP
OP
Dan Keil

Dan Keil

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4
Occupation
Walmart Associate
I just had it on the used 2019 Ranger. Ford is working on it for me. We'll see

OP
OP
Dan Keil

Dan Keil

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4
Occupation
Walmart Associate
Schedule start is not an option showing. On my other 2019 it was

OP
OP
Dan Keil

Dan Keil

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4
Occupation
Walmart Associate
Ford says I am up to date at 3.3

T Bone

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Southern Adirondack Mountains of upstate NY
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired!!!!
see if you can access your modem, go into the wifi settings and ask it to show you the modem serial number, no number means the modem died, happened to me the first week in may, had just bought the truck on april 16..............no modems for ford yet, saying MAYBE mid august. not a happy camper.

OP
OP
Dan Keil

Dan Keil

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4
Occupation
Walmart Associate
The modem must be alive it produces maps, I can talk to Alexa. I think my shop checked it too!

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Ford says I am up to date at 3.3

Is it the Sync system or the Ford site?

If both, and you want to be on 3.4 then the Cyanlabs method will work and may be the best option until Ford decides to allow yours to update.

It's pretty straight forward and only takes about an hour from start to finish. You just need a USB drive that's at least 32GB in size. I used a USB 3 version for faster R/W times. Downloaded the tool, pulled the system information from the diagnostic menu as described in the site walk through and then used the tool to download the 3.4.19274 update. The tool will save everything needed to the drive after it downloads them directly from Ford.

After the USB is setup I just went out stuck the drive in the USB port started the truck as directed and waited. After about 5 min it directed me to remove the drive and that the system would update on the next power up. Upon doing so the Sync system requested the USB to be reinserted and then it completed the update process. That took about 25 min to complete and then I shut the system off and restarted it. From there it took about another 3-5 min to update the navigation and display everything correctly. It also updated the maps from NA 1.18 to NA 1.19 with the 3.4.1274 update.

In order to access the Sync diagnostic menu I used this method since the Rangers do not have a CD player.

I repeated this process to update it to 3.4.20021 and then again to 3.4.20136 but the latest required a downgrade first. I had some minor USB connectivity issues with 20021, but so far 20136 has been been perfect. For yours if you should decide to do manually update it and while 20021 is the latest official release 19274 is very stable and would be a good starting point.

Lastly you will need to reset your settings in the sync system as this resets all of them.

levimac`

First Name
levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger super crew 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Ford pass app on my phone has not worked since June 21 2020 and this is the 24th and it still will not load. The app shows on google play but will not open there either. Google says it has been updated and is currently 3.3 , but still nothing, I cannot open the app so I cannot do anything on my phone
0524201611.jpg
0524201611.jpg

0524201558.jpg

OP
OP
Dan Keil

Dan Keil

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4
Occupation
Walmart Associate
I have an appointment with my dealer Monday. I hope they figure it out. They are going to check for updates too!
Sponsored