Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
When I anticipate the need for fastest response and max power, like in heavy traffic, I keep it in S mode...D only on flat steady highway...D + tow on steady highway with hills...
Sponsored

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Remember when automatic transmissions were automatic? Three speeds, put it in Drive and drive, tow, whatever.
I agree, now we have 10 speeds, Drive, Tow mode and Sport mode and they complain none of them is right. The more options they have, the more they complain and find fault. I swear if they had a selector switch with ten different drive modes from Eco to NHRA with NASCAR somewhere in between. They would still say none of them were right. Sometimes too many options is a bigger problem than no options.

Maybe it's just me, but my transmission shifts just fine, no rough shifts, no hard downshift, no hunting, no lugging in town. And, I don't have any takeoff or high speed vibration. When I tow my 4000 lb camper I use Tow mode and lock out the top two gears, otherwise it is in Drive.

Sure I'm 70 and probably drive like it. I still enjoy the occasional WOT on ramp run when it can be done safely. I enjoy the fact that this truck has as much HP as my '70 340 Cuda did. My 5G Ranger does everything I need/want it to do, with much more comfort than my 2012 4G with the 4.0 and 5 speed did. I loved that truck as I love this one.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Remember when automatic transmissions were automatic? Three speeds, put it in Drive and drive, tow, whatever.
Yeah...that's when stick shifts were also 3 speed...didn't work very well with smog choked straight 6s lol...
Sponsored