Bump at stop and acceleration?

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 PKG
Occupation
Sales
So I’ve had my 2019 for about 2.5 weeks I now have 1700 miles on it. I absolutely love my truck and have noticed it’s little quirks.
This numb is strange it’s not a clunk you can’t hear anything. It’s like a nudge it’s something, it reminds me of my old 94 when the knuckle got Loose in the drive shaft. It happens when I come to a complete stop and then when I go to accelerate. It’s ever so slight I did read someone else said they thought it was the suspension not being torqued to speck but that didn’t fix their bump.
My truck is a 19 XLT FX4 package. Just trying to see if anyone else has found the fix to this very little problem lol.
Thanks in advance
Sponsored

Kawffin

First Name
Marlow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Cultivation technician II
Vehicle Showcase
So I’ve had my 2019 for about 2.5 weeks I now have 1700 miles on it. I absolutely love my truck and have noticed it’s little quirks.
This numb is strange it’s not a clunk you can’t hear anything. It’s like a nudge it’s something, it reminds me of my old 94 when the knuckle got Loose in the drive shaft. It happens when I come to a complete stop and then when I go to accelerate. It’s ever so slight I did read someone else said they thought it was the suspension not being torqued to speck but that didn’t fix their bump.
My truck is a 19 XLT FX4 package. Just trying to see if anyone else has found the fix to this very little problem lol.
Thanks in advance
You know I thought I was crazy, mine only happens on heavy acceleration and hard stop and it feels like it may be more passenger side than driver . But no clue what it could be.

XCELLR8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Frontier
I'm not a Ranger owner yet, but on my Durango the spare tire was not cranked all the way up and every time I stopped and took back off again I felt a bump. The spare tire sliding back and forth. I had a flat, put the spare on and bump went away. I do not know how the Ranger is set up with the spare.

Kawffin

First Name
Marlow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not a Ranger owner yet, but on my Durango the spare tire was not cranked all the way up and every time I stopped and took back off again I felt a bump. The spare tire sliding back and forth. I had a flat, put the spare on and bump went away. I do not know how the Ranger is set up with the spare.
A good suggestion. I'll check mine out since I should practice lowering it anyway.

OP
OP
Lost19Ranger

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 PKG
Occupation
Sales
Definitely update me on this! I thought it would go away it’s funny how we notice the smallest annoyances but this along with the buzzing and the squeaky for the waste gate actuator are the big 3 I have but I’ve learned to live with them because I love this truck almost as much as my old 94 inline 6 5 speed lol.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely update me on this! I thought it would go away it’s funny how we notice the smallest annoyances but this along with the buzzing and the squeaky for the waste gate actuator are the big 3 I have but I’ve learned to live with them because I love this truck almost as much as my old 94 inline 6 5 speed lol.
Hi Lost19

Have the dealer check the slip splines on the driveshaft for proper lube. Some folks here on the Forums have found this made it much better. Also check the center bearing on the driveline for tightness or being bound up. Loosen the center bearing retaining bolts...bounce the vehicle up and down a few times and tighten to spec.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Fhatmatt

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
Occupation
Maintenance
I dropped the driveshaft and lubed my slip yoke splines and it helped. It’s still noticeable, but much better than it was before I did it. Just mark your shaft with paint or a scratch so you can line it back up the way it came out. I was also able to carefully remove the metal band and reuse it.

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
Have the dealer check the slip splines on the driveshaft for proper lube. Some folks here on the Forums have found this made it much better. Also check the center bearing on the driveline for tightness or being bound up. Loosen the center bearing retaining bolts...bounce the vehicle up and down a few times and tighten to spec.
This. Was a common issue in Australian rangers also.

Kawffin

First Name
Marlow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for your info folks I'll check that center bearing and spline lube fo sho.

SpaceRanger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Bumping this thread to see if anybody got any good results fixing this. I'm having this SAME exact issue. I'll be taking this in to the dealership in 4 days and I want to make sure that Phil's advice fixed or remedied the problem.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Bumping this thread to see if anybody got any good results fixing this. I'm having this SAME exact issue. I'll be taking this in to the dealership in 4 days and I want to make sure that Phil's advice fixed or remedied the problem.
Hi Nick,

I hope the dealer can find and fix.....pls report back on if they were successful.

Good Luck!

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

SpaceRanger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Will do, Phil. I'm just kind of annoyed by all these "fixes" or what have you for this, for the vibration, for a lot of things - nobody is posting that they actually work. And why Ford slacked on a lot of these issues and STILL thinks this is within NORMAL tolerances is beyond me. But I guess no vehicle is perfect anymore.

...except my wife's 2016 Honda Civic. 60k miles and no issues at all, no rattles, no nothing. Hmm Should I have gotten a Ridgeline? ? Hahaha JUST KIDDING!!!! ?

olgzr

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Will do, Phil. I'm just kind of annoyed by all these "fixes" or what have you for this, for the vibration, for a lot of things - nobody is posting that they actually work. And why Ford slacked on a lot of these issues and STILL thinks this is within NORMAL tolerances is beyond me. But I guess no vehicle is perfect anymore.

...except my wife's 2016 Honda Civic. 60k miles and no issues at all, no rattles, no nothing. Hmm Should I have gotten a Ridgeline? ? Hahaha JUST KIDDING!!!! ?
I got a Ridgeline, they are also beginning to have a lot of issues as well.

Granger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I have a similar issue! Always subtle enough to make me question if it was actually happening. I'll try to see if I can consistently recreate it before taking it in to not seem like I'm making it up

wikolipr

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Ranger FX4
Same issue as the OP. My truck has ~1600 miles too and an XLT FX4. Definitely subscribed to this thread. Good luck.
Sponsored