Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2008 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Cover fits nice and is low profile. Install wasn't bad, nice tonneau cover.

20200824_083821.jpg
Sponsored

Al_S

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
About to do my Xceed install today. A hardware package with Ford Ranger Bracket Installation is included. The copied sheet is too dark to see any of the photos for installation. Does anyone have instructions they can scan or photos of the brackets installed. Can't even tell if the brackets are installed on the cover or on the bed from the photos... Thanks in advance.

HFRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Supercab
Having the same problem. Cover arrived yesterday afternoon and I opened it this morning expecting to have it installed early. Can't make out any detail on that page and Extang is closed on the weekend. Frustrating! Hope someone can provide a picture or link.

OP
OP
Extreme01

Extreme01

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Having the same problem. Cover arrived yesterday afternoon and I opened it this morning expecting to have it installed early. Can't make out any detail on that page and Extang is closed on the weekend. Frustrating! Hope someone can provide a picture or link.
Go to realtruck.com they have videos on install. Or check u-tube

Al_S

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
realtruck.com and the other sites do not have a video specific to the Ranger. After getting the installation "complete", I was able to figure out that the brackets should be installed before the rails. Brackets attach to the bed. It is easy to see where after you have installed the clamps for the rails. Rails have to be removed to install the brackets. Rails will clamp to the brackets, front and rear. I will take some photos tomorrow when I disassemble and reinstall. The Extang web site also has an incorrect link under the Ranger specific instructions, it takes you to instructions for Ram, Honda and Nissan. Well, I know what I will be doing tomorrow. It should go a little faster than today!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Extreme01

Extreme01

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
realtruck.com and the other sites do not have a video specific to the Ranger. After getting the installation "complete", I was able to figure out that the brackets should be installed before the rails. Brackets attach to the bed. It is easy to see where after you have installed the clamps for the rails. Rails have to be removed to install the brackets. Rails will clamp to the brackets, front and rear. I will take some photos tomorrow when I disassemble and reinstall. The Extang web site also has an incorrect link under the Ranger specific instructions, it takes you to instructions for Ram, Hondo and Nissan. Well, I know what I will be doing tomorrow. It should go a little faster than today!
I have the extang cover on my Ranger it wasn't that hard to figure out

Al_S

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
This was my first tonneau cover installation. Hope these pointers help with the Extang Xceed.
  1. There is a thicker bulkhead seal in a Ranger bag. Use this, not the thinner one included with the general hardware.
  2. The Ford Ranger brackets need to be installed next. Since my installation sheet photos were unusable, I have some photos below.
  3. Now you can follow the installation guide.
I had to make some larger adjustments to get the driver's side latch to catch. Fits well and looks nice. Not having a cover before, the handle latch instead of a wire had some appeal. The second and third panels open with a wire. I don't think the wire is really any worse than the handle.

Next up is sealing the tailgate and finding how watertight everything is.

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

c3.jpg

Kevreh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat RWD
When the exceed is folded up against the window does it cover your rear view? Can you drive highway speeds with it folded up?

OP
OP
Extreme01

Extreme01

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
When the exceed is folded up against the window does it cover your rear view? Can you drive highway speeds with it folded up?
It does cover the rear window, but the cover is held up by rods on each side. So you can drive highway speeds with no problem. I'll take a picture later of mine up so you can get an idea of what I'm talking about.

Kevreh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat RWD
It does cover the rear window, but the cover is held up by rods on each side. So you can drive highway speeds with no problem. I'll take a picture later of mine up so you can get an idea of what I'm talking about.
cool thanks.

darquid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
This was my first tonneau cover installation. Hope these pointers help with the Extang Xceed.
  1. There is a thicker bulkhead seal in a Ranger bag. Use this, not the thinner one included with the general hardware.
  2. The Ford Ranger brackets need to be installed next. Since my installation sheet photos were unusable, I have some photos below.
  3. Now you can follow the installation guide.
I had to make some larger adjustments to get the driver's side latch to catch. Fits well and looks nice. Not having a cover before, the handle latch instead of a wire had some appeal. The second and third panels open with a wire. I don't think the wire is really any worse than the handle.

Next up is sealing the tailgate and finding how watertight everything is.

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

c3.jpg
I just purchased this same cover and installed it today. I’m noticing there is NOT a lot of wiggle room for the latches at the tailgate to grab onto the rail. Is that what you meant by “larger adjustments”?

the instructions state how to move the latches out a bit and I tried that, but it really looks like I have to tap new holes in order to get enough room for the latches to grab onto.

also the push pins for the brackets by the tailgate weren’t included in my box, so I’ll be calling Extang on Monday for those.
Sponsored