First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
It’s loud when you want it to be, especially with a 3” down pipe... fun to play with, enjoy... ?
no downpipe yet. or tune...
i cant wait until i have the money for DP, tune, charge pipes and BOV oh and a drop kit... and wheels... and...
Sponsored

Kellan81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger, 2008 Mustang GT
For those looking for something on the quiet side, the dynomax super turbo isn’t too bad. I got this based on other members comments and was looking for performance benefits only, so for me, the quieter the better. FYI, You’ll need something other than smartphone speakers to hear the tone.

Last edited:

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
looking for performance benefits only
How many HP increase is DynoMax advertising for the set-up you have? Do they have before and after dyno pulls?

Kellan81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How many HP increase is DynoMax advertising for the set-up you have? Do they have before and after dyno pulls?
It’s just a universal Dynomax muffler, so they have no testing specific to the ranger.

Reactions: Doc

Lempar

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger xlt xf4
Occupation
Welder
You can hear it when you step on it but just cruising on the freeway I get no drone. I’m still enjoying it
Nice. Thanks for the reply. Im thinking of doing the same.

Tim H.

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4X4, 2016 Corvette Stingray
Occupation
REALTOR
For those looking for something on the quiet side, the dynomax super turbo isn’t too bad. I got this based on other members comments and was looking for performance benefits only, so for me, the quieter the better. FYI, You’ll need something other than smartphone speakers to hear the tone.

Sounds good! Can you post a inside the cab while accelerating video?
Did you replace the muffler only? If so was there any modifications needed or was the Dynomax the same size as OEM?
Thanks!

Kellan81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you replace the muffler only? If so was there any modifications needed or was the Dynomax the same size as OEM?
Thanks!
Thanks!
If I get some time I’ll do a video inside the cab, it’s pretty quiet though. With radio turned all the way down you can hear a very slight deep tone. Most people would probably barely be able to tell it’s aftermarket exhaust.
only the muffler was replaced. Muffler shop welded it in. This muffler is shorter than OEM so you’ll need a length of pipe to close the gap. My only regret was Getting a 3” in/out muffler. The shop will have to step the pipe up to fit. Think Stock is 2.5” diameter.

150FB61B-8579-4549-A90C-C0A6BEC6ECDA.jpeg

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired

?

paquete305

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Just installed the Apollo GT Series 3" exhaust. I didn't put on the tip it came with to keep it looking stock.

I've also got a Turbosmart Dual Port BOV that is audible in the video.

pull string get cookies

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 White Platinum
Vehicle Showcase
Borla S type. Love the sound gets some turbo noises and I can hear the turbo smart bov much better

FD9EFB1C-493E-46D6-9026-E92FB5EEA82E.jpeg
Totally agree on the turbo sounds coming through along with the throat the system provides. I have the same exhaust (Ford Performance) and love it; seems as though not many on this forum go with Borla or Ford Performance exhaust. Perhaps cost is a deterrent? Certainly appreciate that the tips aren’t cheap clamp ons.

pull string get cookies

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 White Platinum
Vehicle Showcase
Just installed the Apollo GT Series 3" exhaust. I didn't put on the tip it came with to keep it looking stock.

I've also got a Turbosmart Dual Port BOV that is audible in the video.

My son says that the truck sounds like it’s farting. Lol. On the other hand, I believe it’s definitely an improvement over stock. Cheers

Tim H.

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4X4, 2016 Corvette Stingray
Occupation
REALTOR
If I get some time I’ll do a video inside the cab, it’s pretty quiet though. With radio turned all the way down you can hear a very slight deep tone. Most people would probably barely be able to tell it’s aftermarket exhaust.
only the muffler was replaced. Muffler shop welded it in. This muffler is shorter than OEM so you’ll need a length of pipe to close the gap. My only regret was Getting a 3” in/out muffler. The shop will have to step the pipe up to fit. Think Stock is 2.5” diameter.

150FB61B-8579-4549-A90C-C0A6BEC6ECDA.jpeg
Have you done a video so we can hear what it sounds like?