Ecoboost Emblem

BlueBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
No Ecoboost emblem on my 2020, but I do envy the gas station turbo emblem idea. Maybe one of those plastichrome naked ladies in a cowboy hat, too. Good times.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
what's an easy way to remove the emblem? fishing line and goo gone? Thanks!
I use dental floss. It also works great.
Dental floss and a hair dryer. Then use goo-gone to get rid of any remaining residue.
Fishing line or floss, fishing line is stronger and breaks less on badges with sharp corners, but both will work.

I'd suggest steam over a blow dryer or heat gun. With that you can get all the residue and keep from using harsh solvents on your paint. A little bit of cleaner wax will pull the rest off.

You can get a wallpaper remover for roughly $50 at the big box home stores. They work great. Mine has lasted decades and debadged dozens of vehicles.

Steve23

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Software Engineer
No Ecoboost emblem on my 2020, but I do envy the gas station turbo emblem idea. Maybe one of those plastichrome naked ladies in a cowboy hat, too. Good times.
Gotta get the chunky girl ones ?

PL8SWPR

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT, '18 Mustang GT, '14 Ford Explorer
After reading all of the different mods that can be done to these rangers, One of the simplest ones is to debadge the EcoBoost Emblem. I decided to do this today. And Lo and Behold, Ford has already accomplished this for me. It appears that Ford has deleted the EcoBoost Emblem from the 2021 Ford Rangers.

Maybe it is only My Ranger that came with out this, however I expect it was another place where they could save a couple of pennies. If you have a 2021 Ranger, check the tailgate and report if you have this Badge.
20210121_163531[1].jpg

I have a 2021 being built this week. I noticed the inlay "RANGER" decal. I didn't see that as a factory option for 2021 - Assume you did that yourself? How much trouble was it to align all the letters right?

OP
OP
Larrykime

Larrykime

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 SCab Lariat 4X2, 2019 MX5, 2008 Expedition
Occupation
Crane Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2021 being built this week. I noticed the inlay "RANGER" decal. I didn't see that as a factory option for 2021 - Assume you did that yourself? How much trouble was it to align all the letters right?
The "Ranger" Letters are the Ford Black Platinum stainless steel with 3M double sided tape. they are a $50.00 accessory that my dealer gifted to me when I purchased the truck. it is easy to do right and easy to do wrong. The dealer can put them on for you if you wish, I did it my self.

Note the day I installed the letters was very cold for Florida. it was colder then the recommended temperature for install. I warmed the tailgate with a hair dryer.

1. Clean the truck.
2. Wipe the tailgate insert area with rubbing alcohol. let dry.
3. Check fitment of the letters prior to installing to make sure everything fits and that you are comfortable with placement.
4. I put a line of blue painters tape across the bottom of the insert area.
5. The letters are peel and stick, you have one chance to get it correct.
6. On install, I aligned all the letters with the tape so that they were even with each other and even in the insert. The insert is about a 1/6th of a inch bigger then the letters, this helps alignment.
7. It took me longer to clean the tailgate then to install the letters.
8. it was fun, Go for it.

Remember you must install the tailgate damper first, the additional weight of the damper will ever so slightly tilt your tailgate, you must take this alignment into consideration when installing the letters or else they will be as crooked as this suggestion.?

FoMoCoDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
My truck has the black package as well. Been doing a few things to enhance that look. I got a relacement black emblem with painted ecobeast wording off ebay to be installed. Have the tailgate lettering from ebay. Letters were around $15 and easy to apply with a little soapy water. My tailgate damper and its hardware are black too. Few more things to do, Get some black Ford oval emblems. paint tail pipe and get tinted marker led lights for the fenders.

ecobeastBadge.jpg

rangertailgate.jpg

Last edited:

Emanuel22

First Name
Emanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2021
Occupation
Elec. Tech.
After reading all of the different mods that can be done to these rangers, One of the simplest ones is to debadge the EcoBoost Emblem. I decided to do this today. And Lo and Behold, Ford has already accomplished this for me. It appears that Ford has deleted the EcoBoost Emblem from the 2021 Ford Rangers.

Maybe it is only My Ranger that came with out this, however I expect it was another place where they could save a couple of pennies. If you have a 2021 Ranger, check the tailgate and report if you have this Badge.
20210121_163531[1].jpg
Mine is 2021 doesn't have it but I put a better one ?

20210328_182522.jpg

Attachments

RARE5.0

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercrew Fx4 1988 Mustang Notch 5.0
What!?!? I have the black package and mine is chrome. Urg! I need that. What does your front one look like?
That's because the emblems are new for 2021 blackout package. I'm trying to get the one for the tailgate for my 2019 lariat having a hard time finding a part number for them