First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Army Safety
The Lightforce website shows what is apparently a US Spec (non Australian) Ford Ranger with a pair of round driving lights mounted above the bumper. Is this a new aftermarket item?
https://www.lightforce.com/en_us/?___store=en_us&___from_store=en_us

Incidentally it is not the Lightforce Venom X Grill for the Ranger with the integral lights, that only fits the Australian Spec grill. It would be nice to see this made to fit the US Spec ones as well.

The Folks from Down Under have some awesome mods for the Ranger, it would be nice if they could market more here in the USA.
Sponsored

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lighting Blue FX4 w/302A
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
I found the grill lights but that link you provided just goes to the main page. If there's another set of above the bumper lights... I'm blind.

Sako887

First Name
Sarkis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I couldn’t find it either. I’m interested in how they mounted it, that’s the route I want to go with 2 LP6’s.

Ranger8729

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Ranger & 2019 Ranger
The picture scrolls across the mainpage.

To me it looks to be a bar mounted to the aftermarket bumper. This is similar to a bumper set I had on my Jeep XJ, and would REALLY like to have on my new Ranger. I'm interested as well, as I just want a small bar to mount my lights on exactly how they have that mounted in the pic

Deleted member 1634

I have a set of lights mounted above the bumper. They're "old" halogen WARN lights I used to have on my previous Subaru. I was able to just rotate the mounting brackets and put a longer bolt with large area washer on the back side of the lower grille slot. No holes drilled. They haven't gone anywhere since.

IMG_20191004_130447723_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200123_122109448_HDR.jpg

Ranger8729

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Ranger & 2019 Ranger
I saw that in the other thread. A very nice and easy way to get them mounted. Mine are a little different set up for mounting so I cannot do that. I may look to my local welder and see if he can make up some type of bar for me.

Something that looks similar to this:
Hoop style light mount

Deleted member 1634

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I, for one, don't like the look of light bars. Don't even like the square pod look. Obviously a personal preference, but I much prefer the classic round light look. One reason I've gone with my style. Second being that I already had them and they worked with the truck. haha
This wasn’t about my light bar. It’s about being an option for folks to mount lights.. Never said it had to be a bar. There are multiples holes in that bracket for anything just about. You can face it forward or backward to account for various depth of lights.
Just an option for that fellow who was asking. My reference to my light bar was just a testament that it can hold things secure very well without drilling or changing original equipment.

Deleted member 1634

This wasn’t about my light bar. It’s about being an option for folks to mount lights.. Never said it had to be a bar. There are multiples holes in that bracket for anything just about. You can face it forward or backward to account for various depth of lights.
Just an option for that fellow who was asking. My reference to my light bar was just a testament that it can hold things secure very well without drilling or changing original equipment.
Ahh, my bad. Carry on. haha

OP
OP

Dangerpete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Army Safety
I found the grill lights but that link you provided just goes to the main page. If there's another set of above the bumper lights... I'm blind.
Scroll through the photos let to right or opposite. It’s there
i think it is actually a AFN aftermarket bumper with a bracket on top?
I, for one, don't like the look of light bars. Don't even like the square pod look. Obviously a personal preference, but I much prefer the classic round light look. One reason I've gone with my style. Second being that I already had them and they worked with the truck. haha
how stable is the license plate light bracket?

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lighting Blue FX4 w/302A
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
Scroll through the photos let to right or opposite. It’s there

i think it is actually a AFN aftermarket bumper with a bracket on top?

how stable is the license plate light bracket?
It must be because I'm using a tablet. There are no pictures to scroll left to right for me Oh well...

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
How sturdy is this method of mounting? The license plate bracket is only plastic?
Sturdy. it mounts onto the factory license plate bracket like a license plate. The light bracket is metal. No prob so far. If you have an ACC, this was my solution not to block it.

Figarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Edge ST, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Why reinvent the wheel? I use this with a 30" light bar... no problemos..

https://www.amazon.com/DaSen-Americ...+plate+light+bar+mount&qid=1593039191&sr=8-12
IMG_E1741.JPG
Thanks for posting this. I bought the licence plate bracket then waited for Diode Dynamics to have their Labor Day sale.

I bought PODs instead of a light bar. Also bought a 2-way splitter wire so I can wire them into the OEM fog light switch.

The PODs does not touch grill. And the bolt below doesn't touch the bumper.

IMG_20200911_163904.jpg

IMG_20200911_163924.jpg

IMG_20200911_163957.jpg
Sponsored