Sponsored

DPFE sensor- werid

OP
OP

ppfd

Well-Known Member
First Name
Tony
Joined
Mar 1, 2021
Threads
53
Messages
743
Reaction score
1,707
Location
WV
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
I followed trash panda's awesome tutorial. dropped the unit loose.
The short tube has the clip facing away instead of sitting where one can get to it. When I thought I had it compressed, the rubber tubing would not pull loose.
The back tube, I pushed the clip off and then got the tube pulled off being very careful to not lose the clip.
I thought for a split second of cutting the short tube and then trying to get the clip off. But I had flashbacks to when I was a teen trying to get a stuck oil filter off and tearing it loose leaving just the mounting threads to the engine, oil everywhere, my dad pissed off. He was a machinist by trade and fabbed up a spanner wrench that fit into the holes in the filter mount to get it off.

I picked up a medium sized pair of "bent" needle nose at Menards. I'll try it again this weekend.

As far as the truck running in the opening post. Its back to the typical bucking and surging.
Sponsored

 

gannbino2001

Active Member
First Name
chris
Joined
Jan 5, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
30
Reaction score
38
Location
Nevada
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT
Those spring clamps are a pain to get to on the low side of the sensor, especially when they are turned the wrong way.

I have THIS hose clamp pliers set which works really well, but it's currently showing as unavailable.

There are multiple other vendors available though.

They are really handy because they lock when you get the clamp compressed, making it easy to remove.

I replaced the permanent clamps on the sensor side with fuel injection clamps so the job will be much easier the next time it comes around.
I’m

what size fuel injector clamps did you use?
 

Dr. Zaius

Well-Known Member
First Name
Dennis
Joined
Dec 20, 2019
Threads
82
Messages
7,130
Reaction score
43,626
Location
Living The Dream
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I’m

what size fuel injector clamps did you use?
Not sure the exact size.

I just took the hose to the local Advance and grabbed some that fit it.

HERE is a fuel injection clamp kit with an assortment of different sizes that should have what you need.

This type of kit is what I would've gotten if I had thought ahead, as this entire kit is not much more than what i paid for 2 of them.
 
OP
OP

ppfd

Well-Known Member
First Name
Tony
Joined
Mar 1, 2021
Threads
53
Messages
743
Reaction score
1,707
Location
WV
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
You just replaced the spring clips with those?
Brillant!
I ordered a set of the hose clamp tools, might have to throw those in as well.
 

Dr. Zaius

Well-Known Member
First Name
Dennis
Joined
Dec 20, 2019
Threads
82
Messages
7,130
Reaction score
43,626
Location
Living The Dream
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
You just replaced the spring clips with those?
Brillant!
I ordered a set of the hose clamp tools, might have to throw those in as well.
I replaced the permanent crimp clamps on the sensor side with the fuel injection clamps.

I reused the tension clamps on the ones down by the firewall.

If I would've had the kit I listed with all the clamps, I would've tried to replace those as well, though there's probably not a lot of room to get a screwdriver in there to tighten them.

Since I only had the pair of fuel injection clamps, I replaced the ones that are easy to get to.

I shouldn't have to mess with the others again unless the tubes dry rot and need replacing.
 


OP
OP

ppfd

Well-Known Member
First Name
Tony
Joined
Mar 1, 2021
Threads
53
Messages
743
Reaction score
1,707
Location
WV
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
Looks like those will take a small socket.
I ordered that kit you linked.
Be handy for something and one more thing to add to the toolboxšŸ˜„
 
OP
OP

ppfd

Well-Known Member
First Name
Tony
Joined
Mar 1, 2021
Threads
53
Messages
743
Reaction score
1,707
Location
WV
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
Update:

The weather around here is either 100 degrees in the shade. Or for the last week everyone is planning on building arks, it’s rained and flooded so much. And the fact I work nights, and picking OT for a tractor purchase leaves me with little time or desire to wrench on the ranger.

I had my oil changed at the ford dealer I always go to. This damned part had been riding around with me for over a month. I asked the counter guy if someone had time to put it on. He said they did, as long as it was a ford part. It was but, I’m think who cares, I’m paying you too do it.

So for the flat hour labor rate of $80.00 the truck is running like new agian. I had a slight miss, I didn’t even realize until the new part was put on.
Money well spent! Seeing as I just dropped a $100.00 on some reloading gear šŸ˜€

Ohio Highway patrol tried to pull me over I was running so good after the replacement, that they broke down trying to catch me šŸ˜‚
Those Durangos have v8s in them. OSP uses this ford dealer for maintenance the trooper I was talking to said.

IMG_5053.webp
Sponsored

 
 








Top