Door ding repair

Jon54

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge Ltd
after 2 years and 10 months of ownership, got my first ding. It’s very small but in the middle of the passenger door. Ballpark, how much can I expect pointless dent repair to cost? Also, is this done while you wait?
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
after 2 years and 10 months of ownership, got my first ding. It’s very small but in the middle of the passenger door. Ballpark, how much can I expect pointless dent repair to cost? Also, is this done while you wait?
wow almost 3 years is amazing. I got first ding in the first couple days.every new car from now on, I'm dinging it before I drive off the lot to pop the cherry. I think most people here would cringe from my beat up tailgate

MustangMike2021

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FX4 1966 Mustang GT Fastback
Occupation
Tech
KSEN2760.JPG

Dent from broken tree branch. Paintless Dent Removal quotes all over the board. $75 to $250. Most said since it is on the curve of the hood, may still be slightly noticeable. There are some do it yourself videos on YouTube. PDR Kits run about $60. Might just install a bug deflector to hide. FYI, all asked if the hood was aluminum, said pulling dents out of aluminum is tougher that steel.

Last edited:

FInoob

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
??
I usually pay $75 and I just wait. Its pretty quick, 10-15 minutes.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
As @AzScorpion mentioned, I did pay a slight premium being in a rat race city but if it's truly a small small ding on the door, it really should be around $100 or less as others stated with PDR. And yes, aluminum is tougher than steel to work with in terms of PDR, it also can't be over bent one way or another. Sometimes the pricing depends how easily they can access the backside to do the PDR work. Best of luck, hope this gives an idea roughly. I also have seen some PDR guys do the repairs without the straight line light beam(whatever this is called in the industry) it basically reflects light to make sure all dents are evenly knocked out. So I guess different prices could have it with or without.

rfruscel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
I just had literally hundreds of dings (hail damage) repaired on mine. Was ~$5300, looks like new now. All paintless dent removal!

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Most places in this area start around $75 for most door dimples and give slight discounts if there are more than one that they can get in one sitting . That looks more like a $250 repair . As mentioned , aluminum doesn't have the memory that steel has so it has to be worked out and takes longer . Aluminum stretches more where steel wants to pop back out more easily .
Sponsored

Last edited: