TheAssuager

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Supercrew XLT
8E5A1295-C7F8-4EEC-99C6-7AC2AFAAAC5B.jpeg

Mine is as I recalled in my earlier post. No concerns on my end.

However, @RedDakooter05 has definitely set the bar when it comes to detailing the filler door, compartment and cap.

? ✨ ? ?
Interesting - the boot seems to still be connected on yours. Strange!
Sponsored

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Another perspective

gas cap.jpg

gas cap 2.jpg

So who holds the pump handle and who lets it hang? Maybe if it hangs it comes loose.

I hold the pump handle.

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
8E5A1295-C7F8-4EEC-99C6-7AC2AFAAAC5B.jpeg

Mine is as I recalled in my earlier post. No concerns on my end.

However, @RedDakooter05 has definitely set the bar when it comes to detailing the filler door, compartment and cap.

? ✨ ? ?
There's a reason I keep it clean, It seems to be a not uncommon issue on ford vehicles where the BCM sets a false evap leak code cause there's a little gunk in the flapper/seals. Figure less dust build up the better.

But yes, I feel weird wiping it down with simple green or whatever.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Another perspective

gas cap.jpg

gas cap 2.jpg

So who holds the pump handle and who lets it hang? Maybe if it hangs it comes loose.

I hold the pump handle.
The weight of the pump handle does pull on it. I tend to hold the pump handle too.

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
I let it hang personally. Between my height and the trucks ride height, its straight up akward to hold it.

Bsthroop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4x2 Sport
Occupation
Broadband/ Microwave Engineer
Having pulled mine apart recently to plumb in the aux tank I can say the upper filler neck pushes through the rubber piece in the fuel cubby. The upper neck consists of the capless top and a metal tube about 12 inches long which connects to the lower rubber hose that goes all the way to the tank. All that to say the the filler is just floating in the rubber cubby portion so any movement there has no impact on it's seal or operation.

The picture below shows the bottom end of the filler neck connecting to the hose. The other lines are the evap, a drain for the cubby, and the upper end of the differential vent.

20230220_113831.jpg

Last edited:

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
There is not a difference for a CA inlet vs a 49 state, it is the pump handle boot for fuel vapor recovery that makes ours so dang hard to use. I understand the idea behind it but it is still a PIA.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
Having pulled mine apart recently to plumb in the aux tank I can say the upper filler neck pushes through the rubber piece in the fuel cubby. The upper neck consists of the capless top and a metal tube about 12 inches long which connects to the lower rubber hose that goes all the way to the tank. All that to say the the filler is just floating in the rubber cubby portion so any movement there has no impact on it's seal or operation.

The picture below shows the bottom end of the filler neck connecting to the hose. The other lines are the evap, a drain for the cubby, and the upper end of the differential vent.

20230220_113831.jpg
Nice shot, is the hose on the right the one you added for the aux tank transfer?

Bsthroop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4x2 Sport
Occupation
Broadband/ Microwave Engineer
Nice shot, is the hose on the right the one you added for the aux tank transfer?
The two attached to the rubber hose are what I added. One is supply and one is a vent to the aux tank- keeps the evap system happy.
Sponsored