Does anyone care what Scotty Kilmer thinks?

ronranger

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT sport 4x4
Occupation
adventure
Scotty's alright in my book, Is he perfect, hell no. He is part entertainment, All media today has an agenda, most media today is the enemy, P.S. I love my Ranger.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Not to be an ass but its click 'bait' as in fish bait. Trying to get you to bite

That's how I got sucked into watching a couple of his videos. Maybe he has some good ones but the couple I tried watching were terrible and he's just annoying! There are many good YouTubers out there and he's not one of them.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Dang at all the Scottie hate on here! I enjoy watching him and yes he tends to not care for new technology very much but that’s most older guys. His two favorite car companies are also my two favorite car companies, Ford and Toyota. His is one of the Highest subscriber count automotive YouTube channels. Plus he just moved to Clarksville Tennessee so that’s cool.

OP
OP
SFB

SFB

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Crew XLT Sport Black on Black with Magnetic trim, package 302A
Vehicle Showcase
I really dont care what he says, I know enough about engines to know he is full of it most of the time. Well maybe I should say biased towards certain manufactures, which is annoying in itself.
He is heavily biased towards Toyota. Im not knocking Toyota, they are excellent, my wife has a Taco and I like it! lol......Anyways, what an annoying spokesperson for Toyota

OP
OP
SFB

SFB

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I watched a video of that guy the other day talking about wheel spacers. I found myself agreeing with him but I just don't like the guy.
He has been a mechanic for 50 years, his claim, he appears to know mechanics but just annoying as hell...

Steve23

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Software Engineer
That's how I got sucked into watching a couple of his videos. Maybe he has some good ones but the couple I tried watching were terrible and he's just annoying! There are many good YouTubers out there and he's not one of them.
I think I saw one of his videos and was just thinking my god this is like an old version of the annoying 12 year olds that just act "extra" to get views. Just gross

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I think I saw one of his videos and was just think my god this is like an old version of the annoying 12 years olds that just act "extra" to get views. Just gross
Kind of like most Tik-Tok videos. I don't go on that site but I have seen them posted and they're super annoying.

OP
OP
SFB

SFB

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not to be an ass but its click 'bait' as in fish bait. Trying to get you to bite
Ya, I know, I deserve the harassment on that one. I realized later that I misspelled it, should have been bait not bate. I usually point out grammatical errors myself, I'm married to a school teacher so I get corrected.

db_tanker

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger / 2018 Honda Civic EX 5 door
Occupation
Process Professional
meh...I've watched a few of his videos and they were mostly bash and not much meat.

you wanna watch some interesting stuff go to Skid Factory and Mighty Car Mods. Both Aussie and pretty interesting. Skid Factory is serious with some humor, MCM is humor with some seriousness added.

Finnegans Garage is cool as well as some of the Power Nation stuff.

OP
OP
SFB

SFB

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t much care for the guy although every now and then he does have a nugget or two in there that’s useful. Enough to follow him religiously, no. I can also see why he has some of the opinions he does. I don’t think there’s been one customer car he’s featured that hasn’t been a shitbox. So makes sense that if you work on shitboxes all day it’s going to have an effect on your opinions. All three cars in my household are turbo’d and they’re awesome…but also well cared for too.
Kind of my point, I know turbo gas engines are more likely to have issues over normally aspirated. Problem is some people will drive them with their foot constantly in it because they are fun to drive. Maintenance is key here plus my personal opinion is I think Ford has done a good job with their Turbo line up, from an engine design perspective. When you build into the hundreds of thousands you are going to have a percentage that are just shit! I don't care who the manufacturer is. Ive been in aerospace for 36 years and well Shit Happens!

OP
OP
SFB

SFB

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
meh...I've watched a few of his videos and they were mostly bash and not much meat.

you wanna watch some interesting stuff go to Skid Factory and Mighty Car Mods. Both Aussie and pretty interesting. Skid Factory is serious with some humor, MCM is humor with some seriousness added.

Finnegans Garage is cool as well as some of the Power Nation stuff.
There are some good channels out there
Sponsored