First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Systems Engineer
I have not had any problems with my Ford Ranger.

After being inundated with emails, Ford Pass App messages and even text messages, I decided I would take it to the dealer for "service." I'm reminded why I change the oil myself. I waited more than two hours. It turned out that they were out of cabin air filters, which I did ask for, so they drove across town to get one. I think if they just told me they were out of filters, I would have just bought one somewhere else and installed it myself. :rolleyes: I will say that everyone was nice, they just don't have it together. I just ordered some retainer clips since 2 were missing. Granted, I have replaced at least 2 after doing my own oil filter changes in the past.

From now on I'll do my own maintenance and hope my Ranger continues to be trouble free.

image3.jpeg
Sponsored

Leftcoast

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Crewcab
I haven't done my own oil change on a 4 wheel vehicle since Reagan was in office. I schedule the visit ahead of time and drop it off.

Leftcoast

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Crewcab
Unless there is warranty work, the only time the dealership sees my '16 GT or this '21 Ranger will be if they look out the window and see me driving past them.
I worked 40 years in a job that required wrenching and trouble shooting. Everybody has their hobbies. Fiddling around in the garage isn't one of mine.

KJ Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4WD
I'm runnin' about the same pace... I'll be at a year July 31st, and I'm at 10,700 miles, right now ??

Just had a "change engine oil soon" light pop-up, yesterday. I've changed oil & filter a few times already.

I had a leaky axel (driver's-side, rear) that a dealership corrected. The oil is constantly racing up the dipstick... but, no issues otherwise.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
I worked 40 years in a job that required wrenching and trouble shooting. Everybody has their hobbies. Fiddling around in the garage isn't one of mine.
True. I’m a funeral director and I don’t fiddle around with dead folks when I get home.

silverflash

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger XL loaded
Occupation
stuff
i generally do all of my own maintenance. Why?

1) i know it's done right.
2) it's more convenient for me to do it in my garage after work at night than dropping it off at the dealer and having to sit there for 2 hours- or more- to wait on it. my first change done last night took me 1.5 hours total.
3) i can put synthetic in it and pay the same as if i had someone else do it but using the blend.
4) i don't damage other parts of my truck in the process.

I was there earlier this week for warranty work and overheard the writer next to mine tell his customer "we are two weeks out for oil changes". Maybe this should be reason #5?

Rene Michaels

First Name
SOLD IT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew 4X2 5' Box Lariat
WOW, I must drive a lot more than y'all do. I just hit 30K on mine. But I am in the big state of Texas so there's that!

I'm actually scheduled to do my 30K maintenance tomorrow morning. I've had zero problems since my purchase in October 2019. Love my Ranger!

Matsterious

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend 2.7L Mid Package 4.27
3) i can put synthetic in it and pay the same as if i had someone else do it but using the blend.
I just put synethtic in mine and it cost me under $30 for the filter and oil. I used the motorcraft filter which was 3.97 at wally world and castex 5w-30 full syntheic for 25 bucks.

Amazing the cost savings. I think oil changes are like $50+ now a days and that is probably conventional or semi synthetic oil.

Matsterious

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend 2.7L Mid Package 4.27
WOW, I must drive a lot more than y'all do. I just hit 30K on mine. But I am in the big state of Texas so there's that!

I'm actually scheduled to do my 30K maintenance tomorrow morning. I've had zero problems since my purchase in October 2019. Love my Ranger!
I'm near you in Houston. I only put on 6k a year but I live and work in the City. Only miles I put on is when I go on trips.
Sponsored

Last edited: