BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
Got mine (gray) yesterday and put them in. Seems like a great addition for the money. I did have to remove the OEM liner in the center console cup holders to get these to fit correctly. No biggie.

Question: my kit came with two small pieces of double backed tape. Did you guys use it and I'm curious where? Thanks!
I got mine installed this weekend. My thought was the tape is for the rear cup holders, so when you fold up the armrest, they stay put. I haven't used the tape yet. I'm going to wait and see if I actually need it. They seem to stay put when I first put them in folded the armrest up to check them.
Sponsored

sbacpo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Claybuster
Vehicle Showcase
I got mine installed this weekend. My thought was the tape is for the rear cup holders, so when you fold up the armrest, they stay put. I haven't used the tape yet. I'm going to wait and see if I actually need it. They seem to stay put when I first put them in folded the armrest up to check them.
LOL. That was my thought as well. I installed the tape but I forgot to clean both surfaces so it probably won't last long. We'll see.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
Got a set in Blue and wonder why they didn't provide one for the Dash "Pocket" The one thing that could really use an anti-slide liner!

Last edited:

Rob Binsky

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCrew XLT Sport Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Installed mine yesterday. I have a white Ranger, and I got the red liners. Truthfully, it didn’t make a big difference, but I guess it’ll keep the compartments cleaner. It was strange that there was none for the caddy on the dash - that was the most obvious to me and would’ve shown of the red line best. Didn’t think about the little pieces of adhesive to go in the rear armrest - makes sense. Had a devil of a time opening that rear armrest for the first time.

Last edited:

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
Installed mine yesterday. I have a white Ranger, and I got the red liners. Truthfully, it didn’t make a big difference, but I guess it’ll keep the compartments cleaner. It was strange that there was none for the caddy on the dash - that was the most obvious to me and would’ve shown of the red line best. Also, for the life of me, I couldn’t get the rear armrest caddy to open. I thought I was going to break the strap. Maybe there’s a trick to it.
Pull harder!

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
Got a set in Blue and wonder why they didn't provide one for the Dash "Pocket" The one thing that could really use an anti-slide liner!
Agreed! That's one I was hoping was included...oh well.

DrRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Taurus, 2019 Ranger XL (May 20)
Occupation
Retired
Just added to my wish list. Guess grey will do for silver.

JeffCJ

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Got mine and installed them today (red). I didn't use the tape anywhere as it didn't seem to be necessary. I really wish these included a piece for the top of the dash also, but I'm guessing since that surface isn't totally flat it would be a bit more of a challenge to make. I'm happy with them for the price paid.

Rob Binsky

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCrew XLT Sport Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Pull harder!
Yes, I had to pull harder! Opened now. I’m a weakling (which is why I’m on the side of those wanting a driver’s grab handle)

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Got mine and installed them today (red). I didn't use the tape anywhere as it didn't seem to be necessary. I really wish these included a piece for the top of the dash also, but I'm guessing since that surface isn't totally flat it would be a bit more of a challenge to make. I'm happy with them for the price paid.
I read awhile ago they didn’t for a reason. I’ll see if I can find where I read it.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I read awhile ago they didn’t for a reason. I’ll see if I can find where I read it.
Maybe it would blow up and out with the windows down? I guess two sided tape would fix that too.

day_sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Ranger
Maybe it would blow up and out with the windows down? I guess two sided tape would fix that too.
Someone on amazon asked if it comes with the one for the dash and this was their response:

"We have found that they cause issues in high heat areas due to direct sun. Dashboards get much hotter than any other spot in a car."

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Someone on amazon asked if it comes with the one for the dash and this was their response:

"We have found that they cause issues in high heat areas due to direct sun. Dashboards get much hotter than any other spot in a car."
That was it..... new I saw it somewhere. Further more, with the high heat, I'd never leave a phone or glasses there beating on them. In fact, I don't recall ever using it on any of my vehicles that had them.

sbacpo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Claybuster
Vehicle Showcase
That was it..... new I saw it somewhere. Further more, with the high heat, I'd never leave a phone or glasses there beating on them. In fact, I don't recall ever using it on any of my vehicles that had them.
I think I posted this in a different thread but I wish someone would make something like this for the Ranger:

https://www.quadratec.com/products/12500_2500.htm
Sponsored