Critters and dropping the headliner

bluetruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
I heard stuff rolling around in the headliner. I got the dome light out and some acorn pieces came out so I have a critter problem. My plan is too pull down the headliner enough to get a vacuum in there. I have a crew cab. Does anyone know how to go about dropping the headliner? Is there a section that's easier to get to than another? Seems like I am going to have to remove the plastic trim pieces around the doors but I have no idea where to start.

In case anyone is interested in my general critter removal strategy, I have made my garage a minefield of mouse traps. I have so far caught one under the hood on the battery box, and under the rear seats.
Sponsored

Muscleford

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat, 84 & 85 5.0 Merc Capri,14 Fusion
Occupation
Retired
I would us mouse poision. it is available in little bait boxes that only mice can get in unless the box got chewed up.

Reactions: Doc

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
We have CATS!, no mice any longer.

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
I heard stuff rolling around in the headliner. I got the dome light out and some acorn pieces came out so I have a critter problem. My plan is too pull down the headliner enough to get a vacuum in there. I have a crew cab. Does anyone know how to go about dropping the headliner? Is there a section that's easier to get to than another? Seems like I am going to have to remove the plastic trim pieces around the doors but I have no idea where to start.

In case anyone is interested in my general critter removal strategy, I have made my garage a minefield of mouse traps. I have so far caught one under the hood on the battery box, and under the rear seats.
For goodness sake man, don't go out there without shoes on, things could get snappy!

Bluestem

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger
If you have mice in your cab I have a feeling setting traps outside the vehicle won't be enough to deter them from continuing to access the warm cozy confines of your truck. I would read through this thread and maybe go through some of the fixes to keep them from getting in the cab.
Sponsored