lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Wrangler, 2023 Ranger
Occupation
CNC Programmer
Hello 5G community,
I recently placed a order for a 23MY ranger last week. When I asked the dealer about the COVP process, they told me that Ford is no longer doing the COVP program as of last week. Does anyone have any info on the status of the COVP program?

thanks.
Sponsored

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Interesting.
If you find out that Ford is in fact still using COVP, I would dump that dealer.

AzureRanger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Retired
News to me. So, they didn't take a copy of your driver's license when you placed the order?

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Retail orders verified via the COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) qualify for incremental allocation and priority scheduling. Dealers must submit/upload a copy of the signed Buyer's Order and the customer's Driver's License.

Retail orders submitted via the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system default to priority code 19 requiring Dealer to manually assign a lower 10-18 priority code. Priority codes 01 and 02 are assigned by Ford and its Regional offices only. Making changes to vehicle specifications on an order with a 01 or 02 priority code require assistance from the Regional Scheduler otherwise the priority code will change to 10.

Priority codes apply only to unscheduled orders. Once the order is scheduled, priority codes no longer apply.

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Hello 5G community,
I recently placed a order for a 23MY ranger last week. When I asked the dealer about the COVP process, they told me that Ford is no longer doing the COVP program as of last week. Does anyone have any info on the status of the COVP program?

thanks.
I'd call Ford themselves.
Ask them.