Red or Yellow.
Sponsored

Strobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Sport 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Dewalt Chopsaw that I like, I go with the a more expensive brand on bigger stuff so I hopefully never have to replace them. Cheaper brands for things that aren’t as valuable, and well.. are cheaper to replace.

Strobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Sport 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Oh wait, you said cordless… Dewalt as well.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Milwaukee cordless are made for professionals. Plus they don’t change battery platforms every few years like others. I have 12 yr old M18 battery’s that still work.

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Oh wait, you said cordless… Dewalt as well.
A friend of mine who is a contractor, has one of the 60volt battery Dewalt 12 inch sliding miter saw. Works real well.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
ive had good luck with Milwaukee but the battery packs eventually go to poo. ryobi isnt bad. honestly a majority of the cordless tools are from china and likely share parts and manufactures. i would also check out project farm. he really puts stuff to tests and is not sponsored.

OP
OP
Clank

Clank

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Vehicle Showcase
ive had good luck with Milwaukee but the battery packs eventually go to poo. ryobi isnt bad. honestly a majority of the cordless tools are from china and likely share parts and manufactures. i would also check out project farm. he really puts stuff to tests and is not sponsored.
Yeah I really like his stuff. Only thing us sometimes I feel like his tests aren't always the most important factors to consider which is the best tool.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Yeah I really like his stuff. Only thing us sometimes I feel like his tests aren't always the most important factors to consider which is the best tool.
very true, most times i dont go for his "best" but i normally will look into the best value ones he picks.

OP
OP
Clank

Clank

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Vehicle Showcase
very true, most times i dont go for his "best" but i normally will look into the best value ones he picks.
Definitely think that's the best way to do it!

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
Well, I will chime in. For household projects, non-commercial use, you really can't go wrong with any of the major brands, since you already have Ryobi, just stick with them.

I actually got sucked into Ryobi due to their battery powered water misters for camping. Nothing was wrong with my +10yo Craftsman tools, lithium batteries still ok but I rather stick to one ecosystem and the Craftsman were extinct (well bought out).

I am no longer depending on any of those to make money so they are light duty as of now but seem to be solid quality. A big part of electric tools for ME at least comes to battery options/capacities available.

I also use Milwaukie for their M12 tools, had that before the Ryobi purchase. I use one of their bit drivers for work and love it. Light duty but used nearly daily. Really like the 12v tools available in the M12 line.

Markubis

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT, Volkswagon Tiguan, Can Am Ryker
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I've got a couple of Black and Decker variable speed, reversible drills, with 20v lithium batteries. Had them for years and they work great. Nice thing is the batteries interchange with my B & D weed wacker.

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
Several years ago I spent a summer as a "board holder" for contractor. He was pretty loyal to Dewalt. We never had any issues with his tools that summer, so maybe he's on to something.

For Ryobi, I have no experience with their cordless tools, but I did buy quite of a few of their corded tools. They aren't bad, and I would even say they are a good value, but there's definitely a "you get what you pay for" factor to them.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Several years ago I spent a summer as a "board holder" for contractor. He was pretty loyal to Dewalt. We never had any issues with his tools that summer, so maybe he's on to something.

For Ryobi, I have no experience with their cordless tools, but I did buy quite of a few of their corded tools. They aren't bad, and I would even say they are a good value, but there's definitely a "you get what you pay for" factor to them.
Dewalt is also my brand, but Milwaukee and Makita are also good brands. I got a Dewalt 120v corded drill for a wedding present 45 years ago and I still have it. Went on to other Dewalt corded tools and eventually migrated to cordless.

Cordless power tools are like how rechargeable electronics were 10-15 years ago; everybody has their own connector-battery. You can't use a Makita battery in a Dewalt tool, for instance, so choose a "family" that you want to stay with as it will simplify battery charging. I can take any 20v Dewalt battery and use it in any Dewalt cordless tool I have.

wolfhawk73

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCab
I like my Milwaukee cordless tools a LOT. They're a bit more expensive, so I usually look for sales or buy them refurbished from CPO Tools. I have a drill, hammer drill, two 1/4" impacts, a Sawzall, and an oscillating multi-tool. Trimmer, edger, and blower are next.

I have a relative that works for TTI, their parent company. TTI makes Milwaukee, Ryobi, Ridgid, and Hart. They tell me that the Milwaukee tools are FAR superior, but all are very good (even Hart!) for homeowner use.
Sponsored