First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Sales
Bought my 2019 Ranger maybe 2 months ago. Was checking the fluids yesterday and the engine coolant that is in the reservoir now is pink. I guess it’s possible it’s a very light orange color but it looks very pink.
Would it be alright to mix the recommended orange in there or is it safer to drain it out and add then add the orange?
Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Bought my 2019 Ranger maybe 2 months ago. Was checking the fluids yesterday and the engine coolant that is in the reservoir now is pink. I guess it’s possible it’s a very light orange color but it looks very pink.
Would it be alright to mix the recommended orange in there or is it safer to drain it out and add then add the orange?
See this thread for a LOT more info:

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/who-am-i-to-believe-heads-up-2019-owners.6296

If you had an early 2019 build (before 7/8/2019) you would have had orange coolant from the factory - after that they changed to yellow coolant.

The Orange coolant is good for 100k miles - the yellow is good for 200k miles - but if you replace the orange with the yellow, it will only be good for 100k. I guess it is only 200k on a clean fill of the yellow stuff.

You can find the build date on your door sticker:

1606442132756.png

The circled part is your "blend date" - this is mine - my blend date is 3/16/2019 (2019 03 16)

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Your coolant is Orange but be aware that Ford has released a bulletin saying that the coolant has superseded to the yellow and can be mixed. If it was me I would remove ALL of the orange coolant and put the yello coolant in.

Desert_5G

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
See this thread for a LOT more info:

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/who-am-i-to-believe-heads-up-2019-owners.6296

If you had an early 2019 build (before 7/8/2019) you would have had orange coolant from the factory - after that they changed to yellow coolant.

The Orange coolant is good for 100k miles - the yellow is good for 200k miles - but if you replace the orange with the yellow, it will only be good for 100k. I guess it is only 200k on a clean fill of the yellow stuff.

You can find the build date on your door sticker:

1606442132756.png

The circled part is your "blend date" - this is mine - my blend date is 3/16/2019 (2019 03 16)
We have the same blend date :D. I noticed my coolant reservoir well below the low line. I tried searching for the orange coolant but no auto parts store that sells motorcraft has it in stock. And who knows what the dealership charges for it. The walmart prices are nearly twice as much than the yellow stuff. And what's funny is that FordParts don't even show the existence of the orange coolant. Look's like I'll be mixing it

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
We have the same blend date :D. I noticed my coolant reservoir well below the low line. I tried searching for the orange coolant but no auto parts store that sells motorcraft has it in stock. And who knows what the dealership charges for it. The walmart prices are nearly twice as much than the yellow stuff. And what's funny is that FordParts don't even show the existence of the orange coolant. Look's like I'll be mixing it
Interesting we have the same blend date!

From what I read, it is fine to mix the yellow and orange coolants. Wonder what color you will end up with? :) Maybe that is where the pink comes from?

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting we have the same blend date!

From what I read, it is fine to mix the yellow and orange coolants. Wonder what color you will end up with? :) Maybe that is where the pink comes from?
HI Rob,

Consulting my wife, the painter, Orange and yellow gives you peach. Pink is red and white But orange is mixing Red and Yellow. So maybe indirectly you get to Pink??? Margie thinks this is possible... however she does not paint using coolant...Acrylic paints. No more oil paints...high lead content is not conducive to good health or so she found from friends that are suffering from the effects of lead later in their artistic life...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sponsored