First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Software Market Development
Hi All, just joined the Ranger5G group today as I purchased a 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat (Cactus Gray). I moved from an F150 Raptor to a Ranger.
Anyways, I was driving today and asked Siri to play a Playlist in my Apple Music Library, but when I pressed the up and down buttons (and left/right ones as well) on the right side of my steering wheel, it did not change from song to song. On my Raptor, pressing the left and right arrow buttons would move between songs. So is this not possible on the Ranger or am I missing something?
Sponsored

SILK

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Crew Cab Sport, 2018 Santa Cruz Tallboy
Occupation
IT Director
Hi All, just joined the Ranger5G group today as I purchased a 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat (Cactus Gray). I moved from an F150 Raptor to a Ranger.
Anyways, I was driving today and asked Siri to play a Playlist in my Apple Music Library, but when I pressed the up and down buttons (and left/right ones as well) on the right side of my steering wheel, it did not change from song to song. On my Raptor, pressing the left and right arrow buttons would move between songs. So is this not possible on the Ranger or am I missing something?
I don't have the gauge screen on my XLT that the Lariat's do, but I do have the same center 8" screen. The next/previous (left/right) buttons on the right of my steering wheel change songs and fast forward Podcasts when I'm using CarPlay. I don't use Siri while driving, so I can't speak to functionality, but from what I've heard, voice control in the Ranger is very good.

Welcome to the forum. Great bunch of folks around here. Glad I could welcome you before @AzScorpion tried selling you on a DeeZee tailgate damper.

EDIT: I see you're from Pittsburgh - Go Steelers :fistbump:

mrtimo

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 SuperCrew
My experience is the same as @SILK - left/right buttons on right side of steering wheel allow me to go back and forth through the playlist. For clarity I use CarPlay with Spotify.

Hickesy

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2021 STX SuperCab 4x4
Not sure, my Apple Car Play has never worked!

OP
OP
SESelig

SESelig

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Thanks @SILK I am happy to be here and learn more about my Ranger. It's odd that the steering wheel button on the right can control podcasts, but not control moving between songs.

OP
OP
SESelig

SESelig

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I also just updated my SYNC to v3.4 so I am hoping that corrects some issues.

SILK

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Crew Cab Sport, 2018 Santa Cruz Tallboy
Occupation
IT Director
Thanks @SILK I am happy to be here and learn more about my Ranger. It's odd that the steering wheel button on the right can control podcasts, but not control moving between songs.
To be clear, on mine, it DOES control songs. I pretty much strictly use Spotify but Apple Music should be no issue. As @mrtimo noted, left side is for menus, right side is for media.

DanaBovender

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
From the Florida Panhandle Residing in Germany
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Gov Employee
It’s the buttons that have the phone emblem on them; up and down…..took me 6 months to figure it out

17D0CD33-A078-4677-BB2D-F4EF19FFB574.jpeg

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
Welcome to the forum. Where did you purchase your Ranger? I am in Beaverton. I wanted to get mine at Landmark but they would not give me the trade in value for my Fusion. I purchased at Damerow Ford and will never purchase a vehicle from them again ever no matter what. The right hand controls on the steering wheel should work you radio. I assume you have the large screen in the center of the dash.

NWRanger

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Buyer
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve never had an issue and use CarPlay/ Apple Music all the time. Maybe restart your Sync? Press and hold the power and forward track button on the center stack.
Sponsored