Sponsored

Computer Processing Noise

DukeCanBuildit

Well-Known Member
First Name
Duke
Joined
Jul 27, 2020
Threads
66
Messages
8,802
Reaction score
42,033
Location
Here
Vehicle(s)
XLT
I could be completely wrong (someone on here correct me if I am) but I don’t think a computer chip makes any noise. Do you mean like the sounds of things such as the hard drive, DVD player, fan, etc. on a desktop PC?

I have a three-hour drive this afternoon and will listen for the droning you’ve mentioned. It might be as simple as the actuator door on your dual zone climate control (if you have it).
Hey @SuperTRev ,

Okay, 2-1/2 hours on secondary highways, an hour on the 401 and surface routes. All I heard was my General Grabbers, noise from my rear vents, and all the recovery gear on my roof rack whistling like a construction worker.

Sorry OP but I couldn’t hear a thing from my dash. I do not have climate control. You might want to try a control run with your Climate Control completely off to see if it persists. If you only hear it with CC on, it’s likely the actuator door opening and closing as needed to regulate your zone’s temp.

Be thankful you hear it because when you don‘t, that door is hell to replace - you don’t want to do this…

9AF70224-9A08-4D04-AEAF-7F2232C5592C.jpeg
Sponsored

 


jeez

Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2022
Threads
4
Messages
23
Reaction score
99
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Supercrew STX4x4
Could be an electronic damper control moving a damper and making a servo motor whine. It would be very faint and wouldn't last long unless it wasn't being shut off. That's my guess w/out hearing it, the only moving parts under the dash that I'm aware of is the damper servos.
 

DukeCanBuildit

Well-Known Member
First Name
Duke
Joined
Jul 27, 2020
Threads
66
Messages
8,802
Reaction score
42,033
Location
Here
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Canadian Boomer here, if only by a year or so. Yet, no chrome package and so far, not angry. I‘ll be sure to start the necessary thread at the appropriate time. :D

If the OP’s hearing is that good, he’s likely not a boomer - I mean, I couldn’t hear anything he described.

? ?? ?
 

Msfitoy

Well-Known Member
First Name
Sid
Joined
Mar 5, 2019
Threads
67
Messages
9,234
Reaction score
28,614
Location
North Carolina
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
NWO Robot Polisher
Vehicle Showcase
1

Msfitoy

Well-Known Member
First Name
Sid
Joined
Mar 5, 2019
Threads
67
Messages
9,234
Reaction score
28,614
Location
North Carolina
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
NWO Robot Polisher
Vehicle Showcase
1
Mines goes “Nyuck, Nyuck, Nyuck, whoopity whoopity, whoop, Smack!, Oooooooh, Wiseguy, Bonk!”

It stops when I say, “Knock it off you knuckleheads”.
Did your dad tell you you're going to get dumber watching these 3 clowns? My dad was wrong...
Sponsored

 
 








Top