Chrome Package guys, what mods/accesories?

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
I have the chrome package, but I'm not really a fan. At some point the bumpers will be blacked out one way or another. Just dealing with if for now. In the end I want a silver, black theme with red highlights.

20200709_162904.jpg

20200701_164041.jpg

20200701_175348.jpg

DaytonBenson

First Name
Dayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Shipping and receiving
I think the chrome bumpers look terrible, because of the silver insert. IMO, pearl white on chrome is the worst color scheme on Rangers. It just screams old man to me. But to be fair, a lot of buyers are old men so there's that I guess.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
I think the chrome bumpers look terrible, because of the silver insert. IMO, pearl white on chrome is the worst color scheme on Rangers. It just screams old man to me. But to be fair, a lot of buyers are old men so there's that I guess.
since buick doesn't make sedans anymore we (old men) had to find something to drive.
the old guys at the golf course think my truck looks sharp, maybe Ford should sell it as the 50s package and include white walls.

Whiskeybilt

First Name
Jamison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Occupation
chef
I have the chrome package, but I'm not really a fan. At some point the bumpers will be blacked out one way or another. Just dealing with if for now. In the end I want a silver, black theme with red highlights.

20200709_162904.jpg

20200701_164041.jpg

20200701_175348.jpg
Is that tint on the head and tail lights?

Saddle Tramp

First Name
Jerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F350 Lariat, 2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 Honda CRV
Occupation
Retired Rancher
I confess I can’t understand, blacking out chrome, and in most cases pairing the black with butt ugly colors. In other words now ugly is cool! I JUST DON’T GET IT? Maybe it has something to do with me being 76 years old?

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I confess I can’t understand, blacking out chrome, and in most cases pairing the black with butt ugly colors. In other words now ugly is cool! I JUST DON’T GET IT? Maybe it has something to do with me being 76 years old?
My main issue with the chrome package is that a lot of it is plastichrome, which just looks bad IMO. If they had an option where just things that were metal were available with a layer of hard chrome I'd be very interested--but they prioritized bling over function.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
My main issue with the chrome package is that a lot of it is plastichrome, which just looks bad IMO. If they had an option where just things that were metal were available with a layer of hard chrome I'd be very interested--but they prioritized bling over function.
I'm familiar with the vacuum chamber method of coating plastic with chrome, I wonder how the chrome wheels are made, not sure if the alloy conducts electricity, but there is another process where copper is 1st used to create a conductive layer and then chrome plating applied.
I know on my 1999 Saab the chrome plating eventually peeled off the plastic grill and that looked pretty shoddy but blended in pretty with the deer strikes along the front of the car.
I know from pictures that Ford showed a chrome package Ranger at one of the car shows when they intro'd it and my Ranger is a carbon (chrome) copy. There is even some chrome in the factory step boards.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I know on my 1999 Saab the chrome plating eventually peeled off the plastic grill and that looked pretty shoddy
yup. for some, extensive chrome calls to mind images of durable american steel from the 50s & 60s, for others it calls to mind cheap brittle plastic from the 80s & 90s. different strokes & all, that's why they're option packages.