Changing from manual to power seats, whats needed?

xxEMOxx

First Name
Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Crew 4x4 XLT Blue
Occupation
Bars!
Vehicle Showcase
If I could find a wrecked lariat or 302A xlt and get the power seats, what all do I need to pop them in my 301a xlt? Is it plug and play?

Thanks
Sponsored

TheKracka

First Name
Klay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT FX4/2005 xB
Occupation
I fix things not people
If I could find a wrecked lariat or 302A xlt and get the power seats, what all do I need to pop them in my 301a xlt? Is it plug and play?

Thanks
Probably bolt right in but everything else I doubt is plug and play, usually isn't, especially if you want the heated seats to work. If you can find a wiring diagram that would show what is needed and you can see if the harness coming to the seat is the same or not

OP
OP

xxEMOxx

First Name
Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bars!
Vehicle Showcase
Probably bolt right in but everything else I doubt is plug and play, usually isn't, especially if you want the heated seats to work. If you can find a wiring diagram that would show what is needed and you can see if the harness coming to the seat is the same or not
Damn i thought it might be like the older chevys and such where the harness is just hidden under the seat or carpet unconnected and all you have to do is plug it in, but i guess now its cheaper to make various harnesses then 1 universal harness and just connect what you need.

ORAJohn

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger, 18 Raptor
I swapped power leather into my XL from lariat. Happy to help if you have questions- The harness under the seat will fit, and if your truck is not equipped with power for the seats, it very easy to simply run power to them.
IMG_20200403_130549.jpg

OP
OP

xxEMOxx

First Name
Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bars!
Vehicle Showcase
I swapped power leather into my XL from lariat. Happy to help if you have questions- The harness under the seat will fit, and if your truck is not equipped with power for the seats, it very easy to simply run power to them.
IMG_20200403_130549.jpg
I would love additional information as to whats needed to run the power to the seats, and also possibly the heat as well if you know that.

Thanks.

ORAJohn

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger, 18 Raptor
I'd be happy to help- there's only 2 connections required for power and ground. The best thing to do is send or post a pic of the wiring harness you presently have under your seat- then cross-reference the new seat. If I remember correctly, the power wire for the seat motors are purple. Simply run 20A power to that circuit and you're in motion.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I'd like the leather seats but I don't need the power to work. I'd just swap the tracks. The only reason is I have the black cloth seats an they always look dirty lol

Swishpapasweets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT,1998 Ford Ranger XLT
Hmmm ima keep this topic on my radar. I'll love to swap in heated seats in my ranger
Sponsored