Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Ummm perhaps you just havent been to far into offroad then. I dont have an FX4 but I have been Offroad plenty here in Colorado and depending on where you go it can get a bit crazy. Also when going off road you are looking for more than just clearance, you want travel as well hence why you lift it without spacers. I did the full leaf replacement that came with the Old Man EMU kit and it gave me just enough articulation in the rear compared to stock wich made it way easier to get through certain terrain. That was big since my truck does not have a locker. Also I do not go hitting jumps as the truck is not a trophy truck.

Here are pictures for reference of that kit since you seem to think it is too high(I still hit things on the trail BTW)

0906201648.jpg

0719201535_HDR.jpg

0803201851.jpg
Umm I used to be the Editor of an off-road magazine called Bronco Driver Magazine. I've owned more sets of 37" tires on my 69, 72, 74, and 77 Broncos than I can remember and been to Moab, Baja Mexico twice, blah blah blah other impressive stuff. I do know a little about off-roading. There are infinite levels of "off-roading" and of course your truck is not "too high," its exactly as high as you want it to be. For me and the LOWER Levels of off-roading I do these days, a 2.5 strut spacer is just right..for now. My point is, a person really doesn't not need to spend really ANY $$ on a ranger to get out and enjoy it (especially an FX4 or 4x4). Go with a bunch of highly capable rigs and they can pull you out when you get stuck and you can drive around the really tough obstacles.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Blmpkn

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
Sounds like they installed the kit and didn't align it

You don't need camber bolts

I would be after them for a new set of tires
I was going to go after them for a free tire rotation.. but a pair of tires actually sounds more fair. They're probably worn funny enough where they wouldn't stand up straight so..

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Once a tire begins to wear unevenly, it will continue to wear that way even after an alignment has been done.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I was going to go after them for a free tire rotation.. but a pair of tires actually sounds more fair. They're probably worn funny enough where they wouldn't stand up straight so..
Perhaps you can do one better and go for the tires you have been eyeballing for a while now!! You buy one pair and they buy the other?

Super swampers anyone?

OP
OP
Blmpkn

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
Once a tire begins to wear unevenly, it will continue to wear that way even after an alignment has been done.
I've heard this before.. I'm definitely going to see about a replacement pair now.

Perhaps you can do one better and go for the tires you have been eyeballing for a while now!! You buy one pair and they buy the other?

Super swampers anyone?
Hahahaha I'd love some boggers but I don't want any more of a hit to muh mpg's
Sponsored