California Rake or Carolina Squat?

KNI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2021
in NC - The bill prohibits trucks from having their front fenders 4 inches or more above their rear.
NC, SC & Virginia have laws banning squatted trucks, few other states are discussing it
Sounds easy to me to circumvent. Just have a drop down fenders...

OP
OP
shovonmshahriar

shovonmshahriar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
i dont mind the rear squat look. its often helpful to be able to easily spot the folks with mental impairments.
LOL… sometimes it’s simply a miscalculation of what size lift kit one is adding in the front to fit certain tire size. Folks often get too exited when shopping for front lifts and buy the kit much taller then they meant to. End result .. a squatted look that wasn’t originally intended. :headbang:

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Sounds easy to me to circumvent. Just have a drop down fenders...
Actually, in Va:
Senate Bill 777 bans the Carolina Squat modification on Virginia highways, specifying that within the absolute minimum and maximum heigh ranges, the height of the front bumper cannot be more than four inches greater than the height of the rear bumper.

OP
OP
shovonmshahriar

shovonmshahriar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Last edited:

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Oh man, that’s heartbreaking!

New ideas, passion, enthusiasm… such things make life worth living but when we start ignoring the safety of the life itself to pursue those excitements, that’s when it becomes ignorance and someone pays the ultimate price. Nothing is ever worth it- note to self.
Well said. If you want to do weird things to your vehicle, just do it for show. Don't take it to public streets with a lack of safety.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
LOL… sometimes it’s simply a miscalculation of what size lift kit one is adding in the front to fit certain tire size. Folks often get too exited when shopping for front lifts and buy the kit much taller then they meant to. End result .. a squatted look that wasn’t originally intended. :headbang:
thats true. i think some folks get the front end done and realize the backs too low and they already spent the money and got it all installed. Then decide not to take it all apart again. i dont blame them for not wanting to take it all apart after just getting it together

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Actually, in Va:
Senate Bill 777 bans the Carolina Squat modification on Virginia highways, specifying that within the absolute minimum and maximum heigh ranges, the height of the front bumper cannot be more than four inches greater than the height of the rear bumper.
Ok so just have drop down bumpers! Never give up the fight! 🤣

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
i would assume having the front high would also mess up braking, steering, and load handling.
Sponsored