Matsterious

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend 2.7L Mid Package 4.27
2021 XL SC 4WD
Trans shifts and engine revs seem counterintuitive, and I might add jerky. That is, unloaded, accelerating from a stop on a clear dry surface, until it shifts out of 1st gear and into the next gear, the vehicle does whatever it deems necessary for whatever the road condition, and it varies and is inconsistent, in my opinion, and I don't drive in any excessive way.
Only 1400 miles and nothing has changed, in fact it's worse.
Having come from a V6 with a direct gas pedal to this drive by wire, takes some getting used to, and the fact that the engine and trans are controlled by computer, is a little scary at times, like in emergency situations. Maybe it's just me and I'm just old school, but frankly I don't like the fact that there is very little control other than what the computer decides. And this is not meant as any kind of disrespect to others, but I'm getting rid of this vehicle because of the lack of feel, control and handling.
Personally, vehicles that want to decide driver response are not for me, and I'm sorry that I ever bought this vehicle, among other interior, mechanical issues and default programs that are annoying and obtrusive, like the 'start/stop' and 'brake assist' features, to name a few.
The ability to disable some programs is limited and basically useless. I'm not sure who this vehicle was designed for, but for practical purposes it seems overlooked.
Just my 2 cents worth.
Seems like most vehicles now a days have all those things you hate. Maybe you could order a Wrangler and leave off anything extra. I know you can get those super barebones.
Sponsored

DeathRanger

First Name
Peyton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport 4x4
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
2021 XL SC 4WD
Trans shifts and engine revs seem counterintuitive, and I might add jerky. That is, unloaded, accelerating from a stop on a clear dry surface, until it shifts out of 1st gear and into the next gear, the vehicle does whatever it deems necessary for whatever the road condition, and it varies and is inconsistent, in my opinion, and I don't drive in any excessive way.
Only 1400 miles and nothing has changed, in fact it's worse.
Having come from a V6 with a direct gas pedal to this drive by wire, takes some getting used to, and the fact that the engine and trans are controlled by computer, is a little scary at times, like in emergency situations. Maybe it's just me and I'm just old school, but frankly I don't like the fact that there is very little control other than what the computer decides. And this is not meant as any kind of disrespect to others, but I'm getting rid of this vehicle because of the lack of feel, control and handling.
Personally, vehicles that want to decide driver response are not for me, and I'm sorry that I ever bought this vehicle, among other interior, mechanical issues and default programs that are annoying and obtrusive, like the 'start/stop' and 'brake assist' features, to name a few.
The ability to disable some programs is limited and basically useless. I'm not sure who this vehicle was designed for, but for practical purposes it seems overlooked.
Just my 2 cents worth.
Spends 40k on new truck. Does no research about included features?

Electronic fuel injection been around since the 90's.... So you're previous vehicle was pre-1990's since you are scared of computers controlling your car?

These are still 100% human powered.

1626300304836.png