First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
Not one bit surprised Calif is #2, if I voted we would be #1, some really crazy ass drivers out here. Biggest thing is SPEEDING. and only thinking ahead as far as their front bumper.
Sponsored

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
The most aggravating drivers around here, to me, are Jeep drivers. For some reason, they have adopted the left lane & refuse to go above 55. Every single car will change lanes to get around them & they will keep on poking. Except for that, they are very safe drivers.

LaBalbe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
@DukeCanBuildit will probably agree, but in Southern Ontario, especially around the GTA, the left-most lane is for being seen in your "I bought every single option on my luxury SUV, but don't even know how to use the turn signal, much less any of the others"; honestly, I spend more time passing people in the right-most lane around there than in the left....it's like these people are afraid of not being in the left lane...you know, image and perception being everything, as opposed to skill and competence.....

thunders_truck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 scab ranger XL 4x4, 2008 nissan 350Z
Occupation
civil engineer
Very proud to see Michigan so high up there (#2). When our daily driving involves dodging potholes and Bambis on black ice in the snow, I think we learn how to avoid an accident or two.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
@DukeCanBuildit will probably agree, but in Southern Ontario, especially around the GTA, the left-most lane is for being seen in your "I bought every single option on my luxury SUV, but don't even know how to use the turn signal, much less any of the others"; honestly, I spend more time passing people in the right-most lane around there than in the left....it's like these people are afraid of not being in the left lane...you know, image and perception being everything, as opposed to skill and competence.....
Absolutely agree……that left lane is so sought after, any and all manner of risks will be taken by drivers to get over there the very second they merge onto one of our 400-Series highways or move from the Collector lanes to the Express lanes. Jeebuz, are you late for yoga there, soccer-dad? ;)

The far right lane often zips along the quickest of them all until, of course, that entitled grocery-getter comes flying down the ramp with their eyes on that coveted gap way over to the left, rather than on the lane they’re merging into. Then, it’s all three, four, or sometimes six lanes in one frighteningly quick lane change, blinker optional. ?

Of course, all this only to get there and drive 10 km/hr slower than the left lane has been travelling. ?‍♂

I’m Duke…and this is my Toronto. ☹

BS67

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Eye Tech, 2A supporter, USMC "Doc" '89-'95
We live in Clay County, Nebraska which is 30-county plates! We were voted the worst drivers in Nebraska. When we moved here in 1994 everyone said 'oh! You're a 30-county driver!'. I was like WTH does that mean? Wasn't too long after that I found out why!........they drive like crap here. Passing you on the shoulders.....no headlights on (maybe because they don't work).....worst is the speed limit on Hwy 6 is 65mph........doesn't matter if there's ice, snow, deer, previous wrecks/accidents.........its says 65mph that's what I can drive! Jeeeeeesh!

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Very proud to see Michigan so high up there (#2). When our daily driving involves dodging potholes and Bambis on black ice in the snow, I think we learn how to avoid an accident or two.
1671802793111.png

BS67

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Eye Tech, 2A supporter, USMC "Doc" '89-'95
One of our patients came in tuesday who works for the Hastings City Street Dept. He asked me how much snow we were gonna get in this storm. Told him I didn't know but told him 6" would be good. He had this shocked look on his face and asked me if 6" would be enuf. Told him that's the right amount to fill the potholes in town and make the streets a bit smoother to drive on! LOL He didn't tell me Merry Christmas when he left! LOL

LaBalbe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Absolutely agree……that left lane is so sought after, any and all manner of risks will be taken by drivers to get over there the very second they merge onto one of our 400-Series highways or move from the Collector lanes to the Express lanes. Jeebuz, are you late for yoga there, soccer-dad? ;)

The far right lane often zips along the quickest of them all until, of course, that entitled grocery-getter comes flying down the ramp with their eyes on that coveted gap way over to the left, rather than on the lane they’re merging into. Then, it’s all three, four, or sometimes six lanes in one frighteningly quick lane change, blinker optional. ?

Of course, all this only to get there and drive 10 km/hr slower than the left lane has been travelling. ?‍♂

I’m Duke…and this is my Toronto. ☹
I couldn't have said it better myself! It's like "I own a Porsche Cayenne, I can't possible allow myself to be passed by an 18-wheeler!"

This clip came out after a "massive" snowstorm hit Toronto in early-'99, and they had to call in the Army to dig out the city, making it the butt of every single joke for at least a decade-and-a-half...sadly, it's still just as relevant today!

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
left lane squatters are more common in the winter here since the left lane tends to have fewer potholes.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
People calling others bad drivers is always funny to me.

I think a large portion of why other drivers are considered bad is because they are not conforming to driving norms of a particular area. In south Florida where we have so many people from around the world living, working and visiting traffic is always unpredictable.

I joke, the person who just cut you off was riding a donkey last week, because it's possible down there.

In states that don't have a large transient population I imagine traffic flows much smoother. North Dakota comes to mind as a place with very little transient population (really who wants to live in that wasteland).

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I watch a lot of YouTube videos "Idiot Drivers", "Road Rage", Brake Checks Gone Wrong".
Many are "Accidents", but so many are the attitude of the person that could prevent the accident by just being more yielding. People need to quit demanding their place on the road. What do I mean? You see some idiot pulling out in front of you? Hit your brakes - let it go - yield - don't get up on their butt to make a point - let it go. They may have made a mistake, but you being a jerk isn't going to teach anyone a lesson. You see a bunch of cars slowing down in the other lane and someone tries to get over and then slam. Just slow down and you may not hit the person trying to get over. You see someone trying to merge? Let them over. Let them in. Again, another common reason for accidents. Just drive yielding and kind.
Keep in mind, when you see someone trying to get over, they have a little mirror to check if it's clear, you can see them clearly - they are right in front of you with your large windshield view.
Have you ever tried to get over at night? All you have is a little mirror and you have to guess where the oncoming traffic is with a bunch of glaring headlights. The person behind in the lane you are trying to merge into can see you a lot easier than you can see them. Think about that when someone pulls over into your lane.
Slow down and be yielding. You're going to be old before you know it and you will become so much more sympathetic towards others and their 'stupid' driving.
[Old man rant over]

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
I watch a lot of YouTube videos "Idiot Drivers", "Road Rage", Brake Checks Gone Wrong".
Many are "Accidents", but so many are the attitude of the person that could prevent the accident by just being more yielding. People need to quit demanding their place on the road. What do I mean? You see some idiot pulling out in front of you? Hit your brakes - let it go - yield - don't get up on their butt to make a point - let it go. They may have made a mistake, but you being a jerk isn't going to teach anyone a lesson. You see a bunch of cars slowing down in the other lane and someone tries to get over and then slam. Just slow down and you may not hit the person trying to get over. You see someone trying to merge? Let them over. Let them in. Again, another common reason for accidents. Just drive yielding and kind.
Keep in mind, when you see someone trying to get over, they have a little mirror to check if it's clear, you can see them clearly - they are right in front of you with your large windshield view.
Have you ever tried to get over at night? All you have is a little mirror and you have to guess where the oncoming traffic is with a bunch of glaring headlights. The person behind in the lane you are trying to merge into can see you a lot easier than you can see them. Think about that when someone pulls over into your lane.
Slow down and be yielding. You're going to be old before you know it and you will become so much more sympathetic towards others and their 'stupid' driving.
[Old man rant over]
Safety 1st!

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Oh, and if someone is obviously being a jerk, just let them. You can't teach them anything by trying different means of communication available while driving. Just let it go.
Sponsored