Sponsored

Dr.Me

First Name
Daven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Usually mods are done before a tune, but since you did tune first any bolt on should be fine. The easiest/simplest would probably be changing your intake filter. And from what I read, a lot of people like to use things like the pedal commander for better throttle response.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
AEM dry air filter replacement, which leads to 3" exhaust ( MBRP) is working/sounding great with it...:inlove:

Or

1604757010816.png

Air freshener damper for rear view mirror :crackup:

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
I have heard a lot of people say the AFe charge pipes are the best bang for your buck mod before a tune

StezenW

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Magnetic; 1998 Ford Ranger XLT 5-Speed Emerald
Vehicle Showcase
I am an intercooler short of full bolt on - here's my rankings best bang (w/ best bang being defined of course as dollars spent vs gains realized)

1) Downpipe - for ~$500 you'll get a huge upgrade in turbo spool and acceleration
2)Cat-back ~$650-1K - supports the DP upgrade with a multiplicative effect
3)Intake - ~$450 - skip the opinions of other members and read Mishimoto's extensive R&D breakdown of the stock Ranger intake's efficiency and make up your own mind with real data (all of the current aftermarket options are solid)
4)Diverter Valve/ Blow-off - ~$120-250 - the diverter in particular is quite affordable and while it won't add HP it adds an undeniable upgrade in drive-ability
5)Charge-pipes - $400-500 - the upgraded charge pipes are good but really you don't get your money out of them unless they're supporting all the other afore-mentioned modifications, as the stock ones are sufficient until you're at this point

Of course it goes without saying - a tune ($500) is the undisputed king of performance and best value for these trucks, but it's not a bolt-on upgrade. I personally use the Livernois (for 7K miles and counting).

Pedal commander/ iDrive systems are also solid and give you that "tuned" feel without the commitment. But these are basically the same cost as a real tune.

The upgraded turbo options out there are fairly limited at this point - the best options seems to be the CRP Engineering ones, which makes a stock turbo bigger. This is the final step in my opinion for the bolt-ons, and in talking with other members (@DevilDog1775), you've basically got a race engine at this point and will want to invest the time and effort into maintaining it as such.

**Downpipes are best used in tandem with a tune, as a tune is able to adjust the fuel tables up a bit to take full advantage of the increased air-flow.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Premium Fuel.

Fixing the factory settings in Engineering Mode.

Exhaust mods. Definitely the exhaust is a core performance influencer although the tune is more bang for the buck.
Sponsored