Basic Sync/FordPass Issues

XR1200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XL 4WD Supercab
I have a 2020 XL/STX with the basic Sync/small non-touch screen in the dash. When I picked up the truck, the dealer paired my iPhone with the truck and walked me through getting FordPass set up on my phone. Everything worked well -- I could play music from my phone and hear directions through the truck's speakers. I even got texts on the screen in the dash. I saw there were a few apps available--I heart Radio, Wayze, and some others.

About a month later, I stopped getting navigation directions through the truck's speakers or the phone when the radio was playing, and all the apps disappeared. Also, my FordPass still shows the mileage, tire pressure, etc. but now keeps displaying "Please update in-vehicle settings to enable connectivity" when I click through to see details on the truck.

I've deleted and re-added my Bluetooth connection, but that made no difference. I worked through the "update in-vehicle setting" steps on FordPass, but that made no difference.

Most of the information in the owner's manual and online seems to be focused on Sync 3. Can anyone help with the basic system? I'd really like to get navigation directions through the truck when the radio is playing and maybe use Siri via voice commands.

Thanks!
Sponsored

rltriumph

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Pipefitter
If its anything like SYNC3. It needs an update. My wifes escape seems to need one every couple weeks. Alot of the problems with SYNC seem to be phone related. If you have done a update on your phone Ford seems to be slow getting up to speed. I wish I could be more help or tell you its going to get better but I wont lie. SYNC kida sucks.

OP
OP

XR1200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XL 4WD Supercab
If its anything like SYNC3. It needs an update. My wifes escape seems to need one every couple weeks. Alot of the problems with SYNC seem to be phone related. If you have done a update on your phone Ford seems to be slow getting up to speed. I wish I could be more help or tell you its going to get better but I wont lie. SYNC kida sucks.
Thanks. I managed to update Sync and the app catalog, which brought back the list of apps for about five minutes before it disappeared again.

I'm going to reset everything and try again. I agree Sync kinda sucks.

rltriumph

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Pipefitter
Thanks. I managed to update Sync and the app catalog, which brought back the list of apps for about five minutes before it disappeared again.

I'm going to reset everything and try again. I agree Sync kinda sucks.
The problem more likely than not is your iphone. There was a new iphone update and couldnt charge phones in either vehicle for half a day and then it started working. It usually takes a couple days and a SYNC update after an ios update to get the bugs worked out. For some reason some vehicles like my wifes escape seem more sensitive to ios updates.

Da Ranger

First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I finally figured this out this morning. I have gone for over a year without directions coming from the truck speakers. I was having to power off my phone 2 to 3 times just to get the directions through the phone speakers. I updated my Sync (wasn’t easy since the wifi where I live sucks and you can’t use your phone hotspot, had to use my laptop and my phone hotspot to put it on a thumb drive). After the update still nothing.
Go into your map app on your phone, start directions to anywhere, touch the little up arrow on the bottom right, then touch the audio, scroll to the bottom and make sure PRF (I think that is what it is called, very last setting) is on. You have to be in your truck hooked to the Sync to see the setting. Then it should work.
This is for iPhone.
Sponsored