First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 CrewCab
Occupation
Retired
I found it easier to drop the skid plate and reach in from the inside. Only loose the rear bolts and remove the front ones. Then slide the plate out. Only requires one size socket too. :wink:
OK, thanks - I'll try that. :)
Sponsored

NoCoRanger

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 CrewCab
Occupation
Retired
Its tight. ( a bit of a pain esp if you have large hands)
Removing the plastic air dams will help as well as turning the wheels full left/ right, to give you more room.

Reach in from under the bumper and locate the fog harness connector. Disconnect, then turn the fog lamp counter clockwise to remove.

Thanks, will try this also. ?

apotocki

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Force Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
I found it easier to drop the skid plate and reach in from the inside. Only loose the rear bolts and remove the front ones. Then slide the plate out. Only requires one size socket too. :wink:
Yep - FX4, just drop the skid plate and easy access. I remember the first time I changed them I reached up without removing anything and ended up taking about 30min a side, had bloody knuckles, a very sore hand/wrist from trying to be a contortionist, and swore a lot. I even doubted I would be able to get the new builb in on the drivers side.
The second time - I dropped the skid plate and simply reached in and changed them. It took no more than 15 minutes total time.

MoldyTaco

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
College Professor
This must be an FX-4 thing. I did not have anything blocking on my 2wd XLT. It took longer to get on the ground than to change both fog lights. Come to think of it, it took me longer to change both front turn signals with switchbacks than it did for both lows and fogs. Those turn signal sockets were stuck or something.
Sponsored