Anybody have their doors unlock by themselves?

Rene Michaels

First Name
SOLD IT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew 4X2 5' Box Lariat
Well that means Ford can communicate with the truck and make updates... not saying that's the issue, but something to consider.

I saw a video just the other day related to hackers using a device in parking lots. When you get out of your vehicle and lock the car with the remote the device somehow catches the RF signal. They wait for you to leave and then they unlock the vehicle. Moral of the story... push the button on the door to lock your vehicle... don't use the remote.
Here's a bit more info on this, although it doesn't sound like what Bret is experiencing...
https://the-parallax.com/2019/05/03/hacker-ford-key-fob-vulnerability/
Sponsored

OP
OP
Cape Cruiser

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
Well I spend 4 hours at the dealer today looking at the door lock situation.Today I found out the second time that I was there for bad keypad they didnt replace the keypad as I was told,they put a battery in it and it only lasted 5 uses of the pad. I told them that the keypad and the doors self unlocking may be related and they now agree.They replaced keypad and could not get it to program,it took 3 techs to do it finally. They said to try it and see what happens. Dealer said the keypads had an initial problem with battery drain but this is a new issue they are not sure about.While the writer was completing my invoice my cell phone beeped with Fordpass and said check engine light is on,they said no its not.Walked out to truck and light was on,this is my 4th CEL on the injector code.They apologized several times and said Ford is still working on a proper injector code fix and that people with this issue will be contacted for a future repair.Truck runs great and we will see what the future holds. Bret

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Well I spend 4 hours at the dealer today looking at the door lock situation.Today I found out the second time that I was there for bad keypad they didnt replace the keypad as I was told,they put a battery in it and it only lasted 5 uses of the pad. I told them that the keypad and the doors self unlocking may be related and they now agree.They replaced keypad and could not get it to program,it took 3 techs to do it finally. They said to try it and see what happens. Dealer said the keypads had an initial problem with battery drain but this is a new issue they are not sure about.While the writer was completing my invoice my cell phone beeped with Fordpass and said check engine light is on,they said no its not.Walked out to truck and light was on,this is my 4th CEL on the injector code.They apologized several times and said Ford is still working on a proper injector code fix and that people with this issue will be contacted for a future repair.Truck runs great and we will see what the future holds. Bret
Ugh.....

It seems "more than a coincidence" that you take your truck in for a keyfob / door lock issue.. and while you are there a CEL issue occurs.

Sounds like you've got a great attitude about it though. :like: :fingerscrossed:

OP
OP
Cape Cruiser

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
Ugh.....

It seems "more than a coincidence" that you take your truck in for a keyfob / door lock issue.. and while you are there a CEL issue occurs.

Sounds like you've got a great attitude about it though. :like: :fingerscrossed:
Yeah John I love the truck ,just a few speed bumps to get through before its 100% I had my doubts about the dealer but they did good this time. Maybe my good mood today is as I left the dealer a youngin in a Taco messed with me at a light and it didnt end well for him,all he saw was my giant chrome Ranger letters on my tailgate! Bret
Sponsored