Any support for Tapatalk or another mobile forum reader app?

RangerRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2014 F150 FX4
Hi,
I use TapaTalk on my iOS devices, any forum reader software work well with ranger5g?

keep up the great work!
Sponsored

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
I typically dislike browsing forums on my iPhone, but this forum is great while on a mobile device!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Our mobile app is in the works. We'll never be installing Tapatalk as it's both a security and privacy nightmare for forums and its users.

Search google for "Tapatalk security" and "Tapatalk privacy."

It can't be a coincidence that after months of lurking the site I happened to buy my ranger on the day you announced your app was in the works. Lol

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
why bother with an app, the site works fine on mobile devices

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Cause you guys don’t want it is fine. Don’t use it. It won’t affect reading from a browser but have some consideration for folks that do. It’s not like you are developing it.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cause you guys don’t want it is fine. Don’t use it. It won’t affect reading from a browser but have some consideration for folks that do. It’s not like you are developing it.
Actually, it does affect us. The dedicated apps typically require site upgrades to be delayed and otherwise hold up improvements for non-app users. Tapatalk especially is notorious for locking sites into ancient versions.

It's also quite common for sites to let mobile browser support atrophy once they decide that a dedicated app is the way to go, leaving people who don't want yet another stupid app to put up with a lousy third rate experience.

Last edited:

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Actually, it does affect us. The dedicated apps typically require site upgrades to be delayed and otherwise hold up improvements for non-app users. Tapatalk especially is notorious for locking sites into ancient versions.

It's also quite common for sites to let mobile browser support atrophy once they decide that a dedicated app is the way to go, leaving people who don't want yet another stupid app to put up with a lousy third rate experience.
Not trying to argue here but they said they are developing their own. Not with Tapa. I’ve ran several forums over the years and if an admin is prepared, it will not hinder anyone. Seamless integration.
It’s still about pleasing everyone. Not just portions of the membership. Obviously, if they are willing to dedicate their time and effort, it’s worth it. I’m sure it’s not about just pleasing a few of us.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not trying to argue here but they said they are developing their own. Not with Tapa. I’ve ran several forums over the years and if an admin is prepared, it will not hinder anyone. Seamless integration.
It’s still about pleasing everyone. Not just portions of the membership. Obviously, if they are willing to dedicate their time and effort, it’s worth it. I’m sure it’s not about just pleasing a few of us.
I'm willing to bet it's about more ad revenue, not either of us.

"Their own app" is far more likely to be a skin over a generic platform than something bespoke.
Sponsored

Last edited: